MaxwellSmart View latest post
Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:43 pm
Natb1 View latest post
Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:10 am
Snap71 View latest post

Crouch managment

Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:50 am
Hello BK Ladies and Gents,

First I'd like to say I appreciate BK hosting a Crouch server.  I, like many have played on your servers through various games, both crouch and non-crouch.  Thank you!

The purpose of this post is to ask a question or two about the BF4 crouch server.  

I've learned that in Domination mode, the outcome of the game is generally determined by which team has more runners.  Even one runner makes a difference.  Getting mowed down, in any game mode, by someone on there umpteenth "final warning" can be a little frustrating too.  Yes, I learned that.  Understand, I don't think an immediate kick of every violator is the answer because some will try and stick to it.  

There are quite a lot of gamers that frequent the crouch server just like I do.  We know the rules and we try to help, well the truth is I quit trying to help. I follow the rules but after having made repeated attempts to call a runners name out to ID them, I've been ignored.  It's happened to me and others many times.   To that I say no problem, I get the message. I'm not a member or whatever else the reason is.  

I do want to apologize to the BK members that asked us to call runner names out the other day.  Rather then do that, out of frustration I made the remark that I was done trying.  After some thought, it led me to making this post because my answer wasn't the right one.  Plus I want to ward off any bad karma this might lead to (jk).  Not helping wasn't right and in the future I'll assist if asked.  You guys have been fair to me and have never done anything negative toward me.  I enjoy gaming with BK as it has been good, clean, competitive fun.

To the point - I've read in-game chat where BK members have stated that admining the server is optional. This leads me to my questions.  

Why don't you take advantage of frequent visitors like me and many others to help ID people.
When being admin'd, why give excessive warnings?
Why not have an admin designated? (I know this takes away from their gaming experience)

Just thoughts, I appreciate your time -

Thanks, Buzz

Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:02 am
Buzz12 thank you for your support of our server. With out guests like your self we would not have a server.

We love the help of guest like your self. If you want to help more join us on our public TS and call them out. In game chat often gets missed in the rush of battle but in TS your voice is always heard. Well 99% of the time. :)

We give two warning before the kick for running. On the 3rd warning our admin program tigers and alerts admins monitoring it that there is a kick ready. Many people come in and have no idea we are a crouch server so two warnings gives them a chance to see it and follow the rules. We have a update to our admin program that will automatically make each kick longer. So repeat offenders will find them selves sitting out for longer and longer periods.

We are all volunteers and do the best we can with but are still here to have fun. (If anyone wants to donate I will quite my job and work at BK 24/7.Smile ) I think we do better then most groups but we could always be better about admining and will keep working at it.

In the end BF4 is still new over the next few months our crouch server will get a larger and larger following and runners will be fewer. Only be continued support of guests like your self will that happen.

Thank you,
GOA.Luke*BK*

Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:38 am
Thank you GOA.Luke - I appreciate you taking the time to reply!

In my book, BK servers have a tradition of being above the rest.  We're all here to have fun and I respect that.  I've been in TS with BK a few times before and had good laughs.  BK members are good people.

Your response cleared up a slight mis-understanding I had regarding how the admin system worked on the crouch server.  Very good information and much appreciated.  I overlooked and do agree that over time the crouch server will have a larger following with fewer runners.

You can expect my continued support and again thanks for providing polite and friendly servers.

Best regards, Buzz12

Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:52 am
Hey Buzz12, as Luke said, it is guests like yourself that do help the Admins quite often. If you "text chat" a runner, and we see it, that player will get a warning. You know when they're
running from Direct Fire or Nades. You're right, Runners ruin the "objective" game modes. Please keep texting their names. Your help is greatly appreciated.
BTW, I have some lead that belongs to you!!

TwoFour