Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:49 pm
Snap71 View latest post
Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:54 pm
MaxwellSmart View latest post
Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:43 pm
Natb1 View latest post
Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:10 am
Snap71 View latest post

Vote on removing Punkbuster from W@W. (READ BEFORE YOU VOTE)

Should we drop Punkbuster in W@W
Yes
76%
 76%  [ 35 ]
No
23%
 23%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 46

Posted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:39 pm
hey all,

actually i came here hoping to find the answer...if you do a clean install from disc punkbuster WILL NOT update as they no longer support WaW http://www.pbbans.com/forums/pb-support-discontinued-for-codwaw-t179145.html  there is a file there that you can download to fix pb but need to be a member of pbbans

maybe you can get MrT to upload a copy on politeandfriendly

take care

Posted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:09 pm
Thanks PFRman we got that file as a sticky in the W@W section. Its good to see you around.

Posted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:34 am
i use to get a pb kick once in a while -  i did a reg fix of Kilgor's post. haven't had a problem in a very long time, but i will say when most problems happen is when a update has been put out and it makes the game to act up and then all you need to do is to do a manual update to fix it. i also run off a disk no steam...

Bags

Posted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:47 am
I also reinstalled the game and still can not connect to on line services.

Posted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:01 am
I had the same issue when I did the re-installed the game.. I contacted EA and PB and got no where but that they are not supporting it any longer....what I had to do was find someone that had the same game and copied their PB folder and pasted it into my files.(the other persons game had to come from the Disks and not from STEAM,) STEAM automatically updates PB from what I"ve been told. .. If we don't get rid of PB from our servers, perhaps I can (or someone else can) upload the PB folder that is currently working for those that re-install or even just got the game to the forums here....

Just a thought....

If you can't take the pain, maybe you shouldn't play!
Posted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:38 am
Don't know if that will work for everyone, Hawkeye; I have the disc not Steam.

Posted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:47 am
PB folder has already been uploaded,  Hawkeye.  Check the announcements in this section Smile

-- Of all the soles I've ever tasted, his had the most   ....cumin. --
Posted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:48 pm
It will mean more work for Admins but I believe the best thing for the clan is to drop Punkbuster and allow everyone to play in our servers. We'll soon sort out the hacks I'm sure.

Posted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:16 am
So far in the last couple of months PB has increased membership by players looking for the fix coming to the site to fix and while they are here they put in an application to join BK.

Posted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:04 am
Bahboom.  Good spotting Wombat. That makes sense. Another reason for keeping WaW longer.

Posted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:41 pm
Here is a little TRUTH on gettin rid of PB completely. It's not a bad idea but consider this, I hear people in TS goin on about the runners and so on and how someone needs to give this player a warnin. With PB gone that means your job just got harder. You now have to determine if someone is usin a hack or not. With PB gone the people will be in there screamin about how this person got shot in a place no one could see or how they were and we need to spec this person or that one. Now yes there are plenty or regulars in there but even so there are goin to be people who play that are truly good but they appear to be hackin, because they are havin a good game. There will be player who pre-fire out of habit who will now be called a hack because someone got shot around a corner and no one saw you there. There will also need to be admins in TS more now to squash all the arguin about how one thinks one thing and someone else thinks something different. I have heard EVERYONE complain about the above mentioned issues and this will add fuel to there fire. Just listen on TS 1 full day to hear it all and get ready for more. Now yes it is our job to keep the servers runnin smooth so, don't complain about the runner / rule breaker give them the warnin for the infraction they are doin.

Posted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:27 pm
We canceled this idea after we figured out Badkon would stop working if we turned off PB.

Posted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:37 pm

CombatWombat wrote (View Post):

So far in the last couple of months PB has increased membership by players looking for the fix coming to the site to fix and while they are here they put in an application to join BK.

Exactly. We are also seeing some of the other servers giving out information on the PB patch, so the W@W community is working to get players playing. PB and BadKon is working just fine.

Posted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:54 pm

Bags wrote (View Post):

i use to get a pb kick once in a while -  i did a reg fix of Kilgor's post. haven't had a problem in a very long time, but i will say when most problems happen is when a update has been put out and it makes the game to act up and then all you need to do is to do a manual update to fix it. i also run off a disk no steam...

Bags

I had the same prob. with steam update, i told steam not to update the wow files, no prom has arisen from a del pb files, reinstall pb from the sticky.

You Can Hear it Live, on BK RADIO!
TimberbeastWaco   Mark/Waco
Posted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:00 pm

Firecrackr1 wrote (View Post):

I also reinstalled the game and still can not connect to on line services.

I had the same prob. with steam update, i told steam not to update the wow files, no prom has arisen from a del pb files, reinstall pb from the sticky.

You Can Hear it Live, on BK RADIO!
TimberbeastWaco   Mark/Waco