Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:54 pm
MaxwellSmart View latest post
Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:43 pm
Natb1 View latest post
Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:10 am
Snap71 View latest post

Win7 updade

Posted: Sun May 10, 2009 6:01 pm
If you guys are thinking about installing Win7 RC, this OS rocks.  Very stable and a lot snappier then XP or Vista.  W@W works great.  There have been some comments about PB kicks with other games.  I installed COD4, updated PB with 3.4 and played for about an hour with no PB kicks.  Gonna try BF2 later.  This will be my OS when it comes out this fall.

http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=pbsetup.php for 3.4

Posted: Sun May 10, 2009 6:10 pm
Im waiting for microsoft to release windows xp mode that will work within windows 7.

Heres a pretty good review of windows 7 and how compliant it is to windows xp

Quote:

Windows 7 RC1: Windows XP Mode

Perhaps the biggest surprise - and for Microsoft, possibly the biggest boost - is a feature that has been announced but not yet available: Windows XP Mode, which will run XP applications in an XP compatibility box, but make them appear as if they are running directly in Windows 7 itself. In this way, Microsoft hopes to give users the best of both worlds - the compatibility of XP and the shinier new Windows 7 interface.

The feature sounds underwhelming until you dig into the details. According to Microsoft, you won't actually have to manually run Virtual PC to run those XP applications once you've installed them; instead, they will appear to work directly within Windows 7.

You'll just have to run Virtual PC the first time and run the application - from that point on, it will appear to be just other application running directly in Windows 7 (at least, that's the promise). And you won't have to buy XP separately - your Windows 7 EULA (end-user licence agreement) includes XP as well. In essence, you get two operating systems for the price of one.

This solves one of Microsoft's biggest problems with XP very cleverly - it's such a solid, stable operating system that people simply don't want to give it up to move to a newer operating system. Now they don't have to - they can run XP as if it were a part of Windows 7.

Microsoft says Windows XP Mode will soon be ready for download, and as soon as it is, I'll follow up with a report on how well it works.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/reviews/index.cfm?reviewid=106237

Sounds very cool and seems like a flawless operating system that can make any computer enthusiast happy.

Posted: Sun May 10, 2009 6:11 pm
so u would say get windows 7 asap?

Posted: Sun May 10, 2009 6:32 pm

strand wrote (View Post):

Im waiting for microsoft to release windows xp mode that will work within windows 7.

Sounds very cool and seems like a flawless operating system that can make any computer enthusiast happy.

I have not tried it yet but here is XP mode and virtual PC beta.  http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/download.aspx  Let me know how it works out if you try it.

SweetyMan247 wrote (View Post):

so u would say get windows 7 asap?

As with any new OS it may seem buggy at the start but I must say if the release is as good as RC then I am getting it.  You can try the RC and see what you think.

Posted: Sun May 10, 2009 6:37 pm
Well you can use free of charge till june 2010, once that time comes, you can still use it free of charge for theoretically forever but a forced shutdown will occur every 2 hours

Posted: Sun May 10, 2009 6:46 pm
right ok ty

Posted: Mon May 11, 2009 5:09 am
Can i install Windows 7 and kkeep Vista on here?  Do the dual boot thing?  Or how would that work?  would I loose everything i got?

*I came, I saw, I conquered!*
*BK* Member since 2004
Posted: Mon May 11, 2009 7:18 am
I love 7 and I have a bunch of EA games that don't work with vista that do work on windows 7. It is a nice operating system and I have only had a problem with one program not working on it. As far as BETA testing it, The last time I checked it was closed but they might have opened it up again.

Posted: Mon May 11, 2009 12:33 pm
No this is not the beta anymore, its theoretically the entire program, the actual release should and most likely will be the exact same, think of the the Release candidate as 98% or 99% of what the actual OS will look like come its release in the fall, this is now basically a promotional event to show the public how much they improved over their last OS.

Posted: Mon May 11, 2009 12:51 pm
I have Vista on my laptop and I play to upgrade as soon as 7 comes out.

When it comes out I think we will open up a windows 7 section of the forums for reviews and tech support.

GOA.Luke*BK*

Posted: Mon May 11, 2009 11:38 pm

strand wrote (View Post):

No this is not the beta anymore, its theoretically the entire program, the actual release should and most likely will be the exact same, think of the the Release candidate as 98% or 99% of what the actual OS will look like come its release in the fall, this is now basically a promotional event to show the public how much they improved over their last OS.

sweet where do I go to get it?

Posted: Tue May 12, 2009 1:41 am
Get Win7RC here  http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/download.aspx

You will need to do the windows live thing to get it but no big deal.

Enjoy.  Man this rocks.

Posted: Tue May 12, 2009 1:44 am
how much do you think it will cost for the full OS when it comes out this fall, I dont really want to try it until I know I can afford the actual OS

Posted: Tue May 12, 2009 2:48 am
Looks like about 199 for starter (vista basic) all the way up to about 320 for Ultimate (Vista ultimate).  If I remember right when I got Vista home premium about 8 months after it came out  it was about 230 (which was Vista retail).  But I bought Vista home premium OEM for 120.  Hopefully they will release OEM along with retail versions.  It will be cheaper yet still the same OS.

Posted: Tue May 12, 2009 5:25 am
the only bad thing is I have to do a complete reinstall from the beta to the RC. Bullitt are you running the 64 or 32 bit system?