Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:10 am
Snap71 View latest post
Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:51 am
Luke View latest post
Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:42 pm
Natb1 View latest post

DayZ

Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:34 pm
I  mostly play on the CID server.  It has a restart every four hours,  and  i get a decent ping to it.  Other than that,  i pick one with low ping.  My current gear and location dictate how's many others players i play with.

-- Of all the soles I've ever tasted, his had the most   ....cumin. --
Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:24 am
I play on the Wasteland Survivor server but its population hasn't gotten back to the max since I first started on it. I'd be happy to play on another server if we decide to group up and play. I'd say we would want a busy server so that we don't spend the whole time running.

Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:17 am
I'm thinking we get together on  a sparsely populated server.  Both to student get into one safe area (as we know,  it can take over and hour to run to fast corners of the map) , and to swap gear.  Oh and also to learn each others outfits so we don't end up shooting each other.  Maybe I'll start  collecting Dallas Masks or something...

Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:23 am
I'm currently geared in all military gear. M4A1 and Firefighter Axe painted green to match and a green mountain pack.  I'd much prefer a cowboy or boonie hat, but if the ballistic helmet works as intended I feel the use outweighs the look.

Also I have no permanent server.  I just stick with low pop no pop.

Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:28 am
Apparently all headgear  gives the same level of protection ; from toques to ballistic helmet. So anything is better than nothing.  But i try to use something dark to blend in more.  At least,  that's how the clothing stats worked a couple  months ago. Condition is the most important thing.

Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:21 pm
Grabbed a couple of wolf masks.  Shall we use those?

Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:29 pm
I think our next step is to figure out when and where we are going to play.

Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:14 pm
You guys pick a time/date and location I'll try to make it. Was on some newb friendly, no KOS server the other day. ran into one guy and he walked by me. ran into another, he shot me. So much for no KOS.

Then went on to another server that had 1 person on it. He somehow managed to find me and kill me. How is that even possible?

Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:23 pm
The only one of you I believe is on my Steam friend list is Abram.  So for the rest of you my Steam id is smothersinch.

Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:30 pm
There's a way to check the likelihood of another player being closeby.  Bring up the Player List,  and compare the "Bandwidth"  values with yours.  Players with all three values similar to yours are more likely to be in  your general area.  It's also a good method for making  a better guess as to which  players are playing as a group.  This little trick is no guarantee,  butsimilar values only means it's more LIKELY that they are close to you.  The values seem to indicate how much the game is rendering for you,  though I've no clue what the individual values specifically  refer to.

For anyone with performance  issues (don't giggle),  try out the tweaks in this guide: http://www.dayztv.com/standalone/dayz-performance-guide-crash-fix/

Turn Cloud detail down to lowest settings,  and lowering the Shadow Detail has little impact,  visually.

For Crossfire/SLI users,  make your video drivers  use the ARMA2 profile.

Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:26 pm
Here is what I have...NOT MUCH lol

Put 2 more views in picture

Last edited by Happy on Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:29 pm
Stop eating rotten food. Also you can combine maps. I combined the north and south maps and left it at that.

Posted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:01 am
Boo invisible zombie boo.

Posted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:15 am

tet wrote (View Post):

Stop eating rotten food. Also you can combine maps. I combined the north and south maps and left it at that.

Wasn't rotten food that made me sick, was dark and I was at an army base, the icon came up to drink as I was searching so I did...It was cleaner lol.
I am better now.
Zombie kill you?

Posted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:28 pm
Yeah something glitched out on the server I was playing on last night.  I was on by myself so I know it wasn't another player.  No different really than a ladder killing me this morning.

However, after that time playing I definitely have a better understanding of some things.  For one it is so much easier now for me to kill zombies.  Also both times I have spawned since the glitch I more or less knew where I was.  I've discovered you can't open cans of food with a pickaxe.  I also feel the in game maps aren't really worth much.  I only use them to see who/how many people are on.  DayZDB is so much for useful.

And for the life of me I cannot find an ammo box.