Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:10 am
Snap71 View latest post
Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:51 am
Luke View latest post
Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:42 pm
Natb1 View latest post
Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:33 pm
Luke View latest post

Can we get a poll on the game mode of BLOPS?

Posted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:23 am
I know there are some that like Team deathmatch and want to play it all the time. But I also know for a fact that some BKers and some guests love the game play rotation of Demolition, Domination, Capture the flag, and Team Deathmatch. I know some guests that have stopped playing our server since we switched back to only TDM.

For my part, I liked the different game modes. They encouraged teamwork (especially capture the flag), and they evened out the play- one person having a really good round does not unbalance the game like it does in TDM. I've seen people leave after a couple of rounds of one person dominating the map in TDM. As one of those that occasionally does really well on TDM maps, it bothers me to see people leaving if my team is dominating too often.

Finally, we already have a 24/7 TDM COD server (W@W) for those that just can't play the objective maps.

Just my 2 cents...

Posted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:29 am
I am with you Ret. I like mixing it up but does mean much anyway with the server shutting down at the end of July.

Posted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:46 am
I have it in mixed mode with TDM. A few members asked for TDM and I screwed up how I set it up.

Posted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:07 am
It may or may not mean a thing, but for all those years of keeping the server full it was on TDM. The last couple of nights it was full until I left while it was on TDM. Tonight it dropped to me being the only one from BK and ten total when I left. I would be interested in seeing when we switched from TDM and when the numbers started falling off in Black Ops.

Posted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:15 am
I'd certainly start playing on it again.  Most of the other game types encourage corner camping,and keep the gameplay too predictable.

Right now,  i only go in to help get it started.  Once it gets another 4 players,  i leave.

-- Of all the soles I've ever tasted, his had the most   ....cumin. --
Posted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:23 am
While I agree with you about the mixed mode and team playing - I know that during the day it has been totally empty for most of the time we've had it on mixed mode. MM is great when you have more than 10 people - but terrible with a small group... Especially when you've got a few runners that you have to admin. I've watched regulars show up, get frustrated after a few minutes and leave. TDM is much much easier to p lay with 4-6 people. After an hour you have a full server... But it's hard to do that with everyone leaving.

Also - as someone whose playing time is in short bursts- playing these round- based objective modes is a much longer time commitment. I know that since we started MM that I have played significantly less on our server because I can't commit to 4 - 5 rounds on something.

Posted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:04 am
Used to remember i had to wait to join in, always pushing the refresh button.
Anyway alternating game modes makes it more, how shall i put it, more "alternating", nothing wrong indeed with TDM, but if it is a full house, alternating games makes it interesting, at least for me it does.
Used to be only on "shotty" Friday there where alternating modes