Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:54 pm
MaxwellSmart View latest post
Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:43 pm
Natb1 View latest post
Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:10 am
Snap71 View latest post

CoD:WaW on line services help

Posted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:20 pm
OK, against my better judgement Scubi convinced me to re-install WaW. I re-installed the game, installed all the patches, and the new PB files from Badshots link.
Guess what? Same error as before I deleted the game.
As soon as game goes to main screen error message says "Can not connect to online services" and if I click on "Find Game" line at upper left says "You must be online to access this feature"
Any help?

Posted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:29 pm
ive had the same problem a long time ago it could be your router not connected to the internet?

Posted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:30 pm
No nat, I can do anything on the internet from the pc. All other games play online as well. It's only CoD5

Posted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:32 pm
oh

Posted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:42 pm
Firecracker , I get the same error from time to time even though I have internet. Not sure why but in get right out of the game then back in 3 to 4 times till it connects to the servers. It's only a recent. Issue. Keep trying.

Posted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:51 pm
hey Firecrackr1

although you say it is not you router it could be you firewall or the firewall on the router stopping it all i can think of is check that your ports are open and your firewalls are set correctly, a easy test for this is to put your self outside of the routers firewall and turn the one of on your pc but only so this to check it turn them straight back on after checking

It is Going To Hurt
http://taylormadehosting.co.uk
Posted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:43 pm
What kind of firewall do you have? Do you have a software firewall? if so, turn them off. Unless you have certian kinds of Software firewalls (Like Comodo) or have an enterprise class firewall, you don't need to open or forward any ports.

Posted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:32 am
Baz, I've had this problem before we as a clan were going to shut down the server. I've tried over a dozen times and get same error message.
mr-t and Ret, windows defender firewall on or off no change; router firewall on or off no change.

Posted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:00 am
Just downloaded and ran the pb test from Abram's link. Results were successfull. I even tried the pb update from Abram's link, still no good. Something in the game does not see my internet connection.

Posted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:36 am
Shrot version: Turn off or disconnect any other computer on your network, then try connecting again. It the game works, that's your problem.

I had this problem with W@w about a year ago. It took me a looong time to sort out what it was. it was working great for ages, then just started giving me the Online Services error. Turns out, for some reason I never got to the bottom of, W@W was looking at a PC on my LAN for the online services. I I used the firewall on my router to block it. And after unsuccessfully trying to use my other PC, it went and used the usual, outside servers. it's worked fine since. I uninstalled, reinstalled, even bought the non-Steam version, tried turning off my software firewall, open ports, tried forcing other ports.. so many things.  it even did the same thing from my roommates' computer, but not from one outside of the house.  

So try this: Open up Resource Manager in windows, click on the Network tab. Start up your game, wait for it to get the error, and check the Resource Monitor for which Ip addresses CoDWaWmp.exe is tryign to access. if it's any 192.168.x.x IP, then its the same problem as I had.

one unfortunate thing about the Resource Monitor is that inactive program will vanish after a minute or so, so you have to be quick. I'm sure there are other programs that may be better for this, but it's how I figured it out. The thing that led em to notice the cause of the problem was that I could only connect to the Online Services when that particular PC on my LAN was off or asleep (i had 2 other PCs on that network as well, and the game never tried connecting to those).

-- Of all the soles I've ever tasted, his had the most   ....cumin. --
Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:04 am
Tried your idea Abram, no change. In the commotion I failed to see that after re-installing the game the original 2 profiles (Scubi and Sebastan) never deleted from my hdd. Well it so happens that the Scubi profile will not connect to the internet but Sebastan will!! Figure that one out.
Anyway, can't delete Scubi since you have to be online to do it. I deleted Sebastan and created Scubii, it now connects to the internet.

Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:30 am
You can delete accounts outside of the game by going to User documents and looking for the players folder for CoD:WaW

Or just search "Players" on your PC.

-nano

Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:07 am
OK, so after a couple of hours on a fast rank server I'm at level 45 and Scubi's at 65.

Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:11 pm

Firecrackr1 wrote (View Post):

OK, against my better judgement Scubi convinced me to re-install WaW. I re-installed the game, installed all the patches, and the new PB files from Badshots link.
Guess what? Same error as before I deleted the game.
As soon as game goes to main screen error message says "Can not connect to online services" and if I click on "Find Game" line at upper left says "You must be online to access this feature"
Any help?

Did you get this fixed?

Did you make sure you were signed into STEAM?

If you can't take the pain, maybe you shouldn't play!
Posted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:14 am
I have the disc Hawkeye. Yes it's fixed, Scubi played today and I'll be in WaW tomorrow.