Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:54 pm
MaxwellSmart View latest post
Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:43 pm
Natb1 View latest post
Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:10 am
Snap71 View latest post

Windows 7 Pro 64bit has become unstable

Posted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:32 am
Hello all...It seems that my windows system has become VERY unstable. Meaning that my picture blinks in and out real fast. (I have a new monitor and ruled that out as the same as my video card) It pops up web pages different web pages when I'm on a current web page, and the system itself just can not be trusted at all. The last thing I want to do is reformat. If I go with Microsoft help, that will cost me 145.00...Anyone have any suggestions???

Thank You.

The Two Most Important Days In Are Life Are The Day We Were Born And The Day You Find Out Why.

Posted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:21 am
does booting into safe mode work fine or not,

if so boot to safe mode virus scan and malware scan,

another option it to do a system restore to the last good point.

also to point out just because the hardware is new doesn't mean its not faulty or causing the problem

It is Going To Hurt
http://taylormadehosting.co.uk
Posted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:40 am
I noticed that mine flickers too!
I thought it was my graphics card taking a tumble but it sounds similar to yours and I have windows 7 64 pro too!
im going to roll my pc back to before the update see if it helps Smile

Posted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:33 am
rolled my pc back and no flickering......
looks like the latest update is a pile of poop Smile

Posted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:28 pm
mine was acting a little weird as well ,but nothing major,
for me my system needed new and faster memory, installed
8gig hyperX and crossfired my graphics cards.

if you can get a ssd card and transfer your BF4 files to it
will save you alot of headach in the end

check for my post's i coped and pasted on how to do it
and to edit regestry to add the DLC folders..

happy gaming

Posted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:11 pm
LADYHAWK,
I sent you a PM to find out what date you rolled your computer back to...

The Two Most Important Days In Are Life Are The Day We Were Born And The Day You Find Out Why.

Posted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:53 pm
Of is a Windows  update that is the cause (or a gpu update),  you should be able to simply uninstall it.

-- Of all the soles I've ever tasted, his had the most   ....cumin. --
Posted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:06 pm
If your web pages are directing you to pages you had/had no intention of going, they you might have spy ware on there or a virus. Just like Mr. T suggested. Update the definitions and start in Safe Mode to run it (or on your desktop if you have a hard time getting into safemode,it's usually F8 on most PC"s, you might have to google search "How to get into Safe Mode on YOUR MODEL PC HERE"[b]) I"m also going to PM you something too...

Also, to help you aid the revert back to date, try to rmemember when you first noticed these issues.. Then you can restore to a day or two before that. Don't worry, if it's not it, it's completely reversable.

Aslo, as far a Formatting and re-installing.....I like to do this a few times a year, (ask X-Bones) it's not that hard and it cleans out the system. I have my PC set up now, just to have the OS and Programs and Games on 1 hard drive, and ALL my other Documents, Pic's User Data on another, so I just have to format, and reinstall my Programs and Games. I save my Game saves too.. I have a Step by Step Word Doc I created for people (I think I even posted it on the forms) But I can email it to you or repost it here if you want..These steps show you where most of your game profiles are.

If you can't take the pain, maybe you shouldn't play!
Posted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:05 pm
OK, I'll get on that. But this started happening about 3 months ago. I don't know if  can restore back to that time. It doesn't give me a heck of a lot of options to pick from. Also for Abram, what is "OF"  and what should I uninstall??

Thank You all.

Posted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:03 pm

Franklin wrote (View Post):

OK, I'll get on that. But this started happening about 3 months ago. I don't know if  can restore back to that time. It doesn't give me a heck of a lot of options to pick from. Also for Abram, what is "OF"  and what should I uninstall??

Thank You all.

there should be a box on the bottom left that says "Show more restore Points".....check that....if you don't have any, then they were all deleted and you can't Restore to an earlier time...

If you can't take the pain, maybe you shouldn't play!
Posted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:29 pm
I just had the same problem this morning. After Google search and basic automotive style diagnosis i.e. hammer, I rolled back the nvidia drivers I installed the other day. No more flicker.

Posted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 6:01 pm
No my issues are far more than that. I'll have a web page that's up, then it disappears, and then it's back up again. Same with email and every thing else. I have had this issues when evga came out with new drivers three drivers ago. So I know it's not evga. I have finished all the virus sweeps and malware sweeps and everything is good there. So I have absolutely what the heck is going on...

Posted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:29 pm
Forget my previous post, the problem returned.
Don't know if this helps but worth a try. I opened Task Manager and found every time the screen flickered the mouse and keys would freeze. When it did this the process "wer" windows error report would appera and disappear.
I ran Malwarebytes in safe mode and found remnants of the Ransomware virus I had last week. Since Malwarebytes did a quarintine, no problems.
It's worth a try Franklin, besides can't hurt.

Posted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:00 pm
Yep I already went through my anti virus and malware. All came up "Green" no issues at all. So now I cough up over 100.00 for Microsoft (Which I don't have) and have them fix it, format and start a new, or keep looking for a tool that will help......

Posted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:02 am
Format.  Considering the time it  could take to resolve the issue.  A good wipe is good,  every  now and then.  And you'll know it's a hardware issue of the problem persists.

-- Of all the soles I've ever tasted, his had the most   ....cumin. --