Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:54 pm
MaxwellSmart View latest post
Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:43 pm
Natb1 View latest post
Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:10 am
Snap71 View latest post

Webpage issue

Posted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:33 am
At work we have an intranet and our own internal webpage to keep personnel up to date on certain things. It is made from internet explorer and has ran correctly until recently. One of the things we normally post on the page is birthdays for the month. When Chief went to update it this past month it did not save the update. No I am not that knowledgeable with this method but normally he goes to the file folder, opens the index.html file in microsoft word, makes the changes and then saves. When he does that now it will show in the index.html file as updated but when the page itself is opened in ie it is still the old page. Any ideas why the update is not showing up on the actual intranet page? The one I can think of is the index.html file is read-only but when it's opened it is updated so that doesnt make sense to me. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

"Do or do not there is no try!"
Posted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:34 am
Not had much experience on intranets but is it the live version that's been edited or a backup/local copy.

Second is browsers keep a cache so try refreshing the page s couple of times.

And finally and highly change your browser to a better one. I use Firefox but chrome is ok aswell

It is Going To Hurt
http://taylormadehosting.co.uk
Posted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:57 pm
I agree with mr. t about the browser but say Firefox as we have found Chrome is put together in a "funky code" way. Our CIO explained why but I got lost in it. We have tools that work with IE and FF but not Chrome.

Posted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:44 am
Well if I had a say we would be using Firefox. Been my favorite browser since I started using it years ago. But not my call on that part. It is a live feed (I guess), it is saved on the server and loads from there when opened. When we want to change something, we open it make the changes and then save the page. It then should load with the new updates. I have not myself made any updates recently so dont know if it's the chief's computer causing issues when he tries to do updates or the server file itself. There are about 10 computers that can access that server. When we log into our account, explorer opens and that is the page that loads by default. So I guess that makes it a live page since you can only access when logged into the server.

"Do or do not there is no try!"