Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:54 pm
MaxwellSmart View latest post
Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:43 pm
Natb1 View latest post
Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:10 am
Snap71 View latest post

Word Of Warning To SWTOR Players.

Posted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:31 pm
On the 25th of this month I could not log into my SWTOR account. I simply got a message to check my email for info. And the email no less than shocked and made me so angry I couldn't see straight.

Here is the full text of the email I received.

"Dear  ,

We are contacting you to notify you that we have found your Star Wars: The Old Republic account, Echobe , to be in violation of our Terms of Service.

Violation Date: 25/11/2014

We have identified that your character was moving in a manner and/or speed that is outside of our normal in-game parameters, and upon further investigation we have detected a pattern of play that provides an unfair advantage over other players outside of the intended in-game mechanics.

Due to the severity of the violation, we are suspending your account for 1 week (168 hours) effective immediately.

Our penalty system is cumulative. This means that if you continue to violate our Terms of Service in this way, the next penalty applied may ultimately result in permanent account closure.

It is our goal to make the Star Wars: The Old Republic experience as safe, secure and enjoyable as possible for all of our players. As such, we take any violations of our Terms of Service very seriously. Please ensure that you are familiar with our Terms of Service as repeated violations may result in your account being permanently closed. Our Terms of Service can be found here:

http://tos.ea.com/legalapp/WEBTERMS/US/en/PC/

Thank you for your understanding in this matter.

If you feel you have received this suspension in error, please contact us at swtoraccountdisputes [at] bioware [dot] com.

Yours sincerely,

Jack
Star Wars (tm): The Old Republic(tm) Terms of Service "

I responded twice denying the claims and asking how they came to this conclusion. I have been with SWTOR since it's release, and they slap this accusation on me. If you know me, you know how I get when the subject of proven hackers comes up. I get furious because I HATE hackers.

I do not hack games. What. So. Ever.

In response from them, I receive another email. Here it is.

"Dear Corey,

Account Name: Echobe
Email address:

We have received your most recent correspondence dated November 28th expressing concerns about the suspension that has been applied to your account on November 26th.

Whilst we appreciate the information that you have provided, following an in-depth investigation into your account and the complaint that you have made, unfortunately we must again advise that your account was sanctioned correctly in full compliance with our policies and procedures.

Your account was correctly identified as violating our Rules of Conduct.
For further information on our policies and procedures please follow the link below:
http://www.swtor.com/legalnotices/rulesofconduct

Due to the above we will not be removing the suspension that has been applied to your account.

Once the suspension period has elapsed you will then be able to log back into Star Wars: The Old Republic. As we have now completed two extensive investigations into your complaint we consider this matter closed and this as our final correspondence on this subject.

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention.

Yours sincerely,

Karol
Star Wars ™: The Old Republic™ Terms of Service"

So I call their customer service and have a lengthy conversation with them. The gist of what I say is basically questioning their investigations and their findings. I ask for proof of this hacking. I ask them, "Did you scan local files for proof on my system? And on and on. I say okay, fine. I want my account canceled since the SWTOR website has me blocked from doing anything, (a ban that says, Never as to when it will be lifted), but I digress. Since I am unable to log into the website to cancel my account I will do so over the phone. I am told that I can do that, but if I re-up the account the remaining time for the account suspension will still be there should I return to the game. I said forget it, I'll do it when the suspension ends.

So there you have it. After two of their "investigations" I have been accused of speed hacking in SWTOR. Whatever that is, considering I was doing nothing but crafting at the time they said the start of the investigation occurred.

So be careful. This has happened to others, and it can happen to you too.

Posted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:07 am
Wow amazing, and wrong

Posted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:50 am
See you should listen, I said Unicorn_Giggles you need to slow down but oh no you just grab another gear and go on, then I said Unicorn_Giggles you need to slow down but oh no you you just keep gassing on it. and here we are on the side of the road with no t-Paper again, It is your turn to use the pine cone, I'll use the leaf only it wont be poison ivey this time.......Unicorn_Giggles you need to slow down ....but oh noooo....
OK Who's smiling yet?

Unicorn_Giggles wrote (View Post):

On the 25th of this month I could not log into my SWTOR account. I simply got a message to check my email for info. And the email no less than shocked and made me so angry I couldn't see straight.

Here is the full text of the email I received.

"Dear  ,

We are contacting you to notify you that we have found your Star Wars: The Old Republic account, Echobe , to be in violation of our Terms of Service.

Violation Date: 25/11/2014

We have identified that your character was moving in a manner and/or speed that is outside of our normal in-game parameters, and upon further investigation we have detected a pattern of play that provides an unfair advantage over other players outside of the intended in-game mechanics.

Due to the severity of the violation, we are suspending your account for 1 week (168 hours) effective immediately.

Our penalty system is cumulative. This means that if you continue to violate our Terms of Service in this way, the next penalty applied may ultimately result in permanent account closure.

It is our goal to make the Star Wars: The Old Republic experience as safe, secure and enjoyable as possible for all of our players. As such, we take any violations of our Terms of Service very seriously. Please ensure that you are familiar with our Terms of Service as repeated violations may result in your account being permanently closed. Our Terms of Service can be found here:

http://tos.ea.com/legalapp/WEBTERMS/US/en/PC/

Thank you for your understanding in this matter.

If you feel you have received this suspension in error, please contact us at swtoraccountdisputes [at] bioware [dot] com.

Yours sincerely,

Jack
Star Wars (tm): The Old Republic(tm) Terms of Service "

I responded twice denying the claims and asking how they came to this conclusion. I have been with SWTOR since it's release, and they slap this accusation on me. If you know me, you know how I get when the subject of proven hackers comes up. I get furious because I HATE hackers.

I do not hack games. What. So. Ever.

In response from them, I receive another email. Here it is.

"Dear Corey,

Account Name: Echobe
Email address:

We have received your most recent correspondence dated November 28th expressing concerns about the suspension that has been applied to your account on November 26th.

Whilst we appreciate the information that you have provided, following an in-depth investigation into your account and the complaint that you have made, unfortunately we must again advise that your account was sanctioned correctly in full compliance with our policies and procedures.

Your account was correctly identified as violating our Rules of Conduct.
For further information on our policies and procedures please follow the link below:
http://www.swtor.com/legalnotices/rulesofconduct

Due to the above we will not be removing the suspension that has been applied to your account.

Once the suspension period has elapsed you will then be able to log back into Star Wars: The Old Republic. As we have now completed two extensive investigations into your complaint we consider this matter closed and this as our final correspondence on this subject.

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention.

Yours sincerely,

Karol

So I call their customer service and have a lengthy conversation with them. The gist of what I say is basically questioning their investigations and their findings. I ask for proof of this hacking. I ask them, "Did you scan local files for proof on my system? And on and on. I say okay, fine. I want my account canceled since the SWTOR website has me blocked from doing anything, (a ban that says, Never as to when it will be lifted), but I digress. Since I am unable to log into the website to cancel my account I will do so over the phone. I am told that I can do that, but if I re-up the account the remaining time for the account suspension will still be there should I return to the game. I said forget it, I'll do it when the suspension ends.

So there you have it. After two of their "investigations" I have been accused of speed hacking in SWTOR. Whatever that is, considering I was doing nothing but crafting at the time they said the start of the investigation occurred.

So be careful. This has happened to others, and it can happen to you too.

You Can Hear it Live, on BK RADIO!
TimberbeastWaco   Mark/Waco
Posted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:11 pm
Dig this. I sent an email basically saying, I DEFY YOU TO SHOW ME THE PROOF. LIke that but meaner. This is the response I received.

"Dear Corey Neal,

Account Name Echobe
Email address:
Thank you for contacting us regarding the action that has been taken on your account.

We have now completed our investigation into your complaint. After reviewing your case, we can see that your concerns are valid and justified. We will take great care to ensure that this does not occur again in the future. As a goodwill gesture, we have added 2 days of complementary game time to your account.

Thank you for your diligence in bringing this matter to our attention. As a valued customer, your feedback is very important to us.

Yours sincerely,

James

Check mate.

Last edited by Unicorn_Giggles on Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Posted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:17 am

Unicorn_Giggles wrote (View Post):

Dig this. I sent an email basically saying, I DEFY YOU TO SHOW ME THE PROOF. LIke that but meaner. This is the response I received.

"Dear Corey Neal,

Account Name Echobe
Email address:
Thank you for contacting us regarding the action that has been taken on your account.

We have now completed our investigation into your complaint. After reviewing your case, we can see that your concerns are valid and justified. We will take great care to ensure that this does not occur again in the future. As a goodwill gesture, we have added 2 days of complementary game time to your account.

Thank you for your diligence in bringing this matter to our attention. As a valued customer, your feedback is very important to us.

Yours sincerely,

James

Check mate.

Eh worst I have had is a lot of spectating in fps games and some forced name changes in some mmos.  Imagine my surprise while playing City of Heroes when I am forced to change the name of my stalker, Richard Ramirez.