Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:51 am
Luke View latest post
Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:42 pm
Natb1 View latest post
Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:33 pm
Luke View latest post

POSITIVE and INSPIRATIONAL QUOTES FOR YOUR DAILY LIVES

Posted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:39 pm
Its not often that we have positive or inspirational influences on a daily basis so I thought that perhaps having a thread in our forums dedicated to positive and inspirational messages or statements might be just what the Doctor ordered for those days when we need a little positive pick-me-up or an inspirational thought. Please contribute as often as you wish.   Cool

Positive quote for Friday July 17-2015:

“Whoever loves much, performs much, and can accomplish much, and what is done in love is done well.”  -Vincent Van Gogh

“Courage is the first of human qualities because it is the quality which guarantees all others.”   -Winston Churchill

“The friend in my adversity I shall always cherish most. I can better trust those who helped to relieve the gloom of my dark hours than those who are so ready to enjoy with me the sunshine of my prosperity.”   -Ulysses S. Grant

“Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved.” -Hellen Keller

Arte et Marte                             Per Ardua Ad Astra
Life is about falling – Living is about getting back up
Posted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:24 pm
Quotes for Saturday July 18-2015;

“Challenges are what make life interesting and overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.”  -Joshua J. Marine

“When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.” -Henry Ford

“Obstacles don’t have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don’t turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.”  -Michael Jordan

“Press on – nothing can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Perseverance and determination alone are omnipotent.”  -Calvin Coolidge

Posted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 3:16 pm
Thanks Voodoo - I appreciate you posting these!

Posted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:42 pm
Great inspirations!

Arte et Marte
Posted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:27 pm
If you have to tell someone how good you are. You're not that good.

Posted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:45 pm
You have never really lived until you have done something for some one who can never pay you back

when you are wrecked by the misfortunes of life, dont  quit  for experience is the worlds best teacher

Last edited by PRIMAL on Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Posted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:07 pm
leadership is not a position or a title ,it  is action and example

God often uses our deepest pain as the launching pad of our greatest calling

want to walk on water then get out of the boat

just a few that I had thought you might like them

Posted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:20 pm
Quotes for Sunday July 19-2015

“A word of encouragement during a failure is worth more than an hour of praise after success.”  -Unknown

“It is time for us all to stand and cheer for the doer, the achiever – the one who recognizes the challenges and does something about it.”  -Vince Lombardi

“Talent is cheaper than table salt. What separates the talented individual from the successful one is a lot of hard work.”   -Stephen King

“You will never do anything in this world without courage. It is the greatest quality in the mind next to honor “  -Aristotle

Posted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:35 pm
Great post xVoodoo! !
I’m sure some quotes might inspire someone, if not al lot of people.

Don't do to another what you don't want to be done to yourself (don't know if the expression is right but it’s my philosophy)

"it's not the falling down that counts, What counts is getting up again." - Blaze Bayley

And another advice, the lyrics from the song Everybody's Free (to Wear Sunscreen)
“Michael,
Wear sunscreen.
If I could offer you only one tip for the future, sunscreen would be it.
The long term benefits of sunscreen have been proved by scientists, whereas the rest of my advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experience...
I will dispense this advice now.

Enjoy the power and beauty of your youth; oh nevermind; you will not understand the power and beauty of your youth until they have faded.
But trust me, in 20 years you'll look back at photos of yourself and recall in a way you can't grasp now how much possibility lay before you and how fabulous you really looked...
You're not as fat as you Imagine.

Don't worry about the future; or worry, but know that worrying is as effective as trying to solve an algebra equation by chewing bubblegum.
The real troubles in your life are apt to be things that never crossed your worried mind.
The kind that blindside you at 4pm on some idle Tuesday.

Do one thing everyday that scares you.

Sing.

Don't be reckless with other people's hearts, don't put up with people who are reckless with yours.

Floss.

Don't waste your time on jealousy;
Sometimes you're ahead,
Sometimes You're behind.
The race is long, and in the end, it's only with yourself.

Remember the compliments you receive, forget the insults;
If you Succeed in doing this, tell me how.

Keep your old love letters, throw away your old bank statements.

Stretch.

Don't feel guilty if you don't know what you want to do with your
Life.
The most interesting people I know didn't know at 22 what they wanted to do with their lives, some of the most interesting 40 year olds I know still don't.

Get plenty of calcium.

Be kind to your knees, you'll miss them when they're gone.

Maybe you'll marry, maybe you won't, maybe you'll have children, maybe you won't, maybe you'll divorce at 40, maybe you'll dance the funky chicken on your 75th wedding anniversary.
Whatever you do, don't Congratulate yourself too much or berate yourself either.
Your choices are half chance, so are everybody else's.
Enjoy your body, Use it every way you can... Don't be afraid of it, or what other people Think of it,
It's the greatest instrument you'll ever own...

Dance... even if you have nowhere to do it but in your own living room.

Read the directions, even if you don't follow them.

Do NOT read beauty magazines, they will only make you feel ugly.

Brother and sister together we'll make it through
Someday your spirit will take you and guide you there
I know you've been hurting, but I've been waiting to be there
For you.
And I'll be there, just tell me now, whenever I can.
Everybody's free.

Get to know your parents, you never know when they'll be gone for good.

Be nice to your siblings;
They are the best link to your past and the people most likely to stick with you in the future.

Understand that friends come and go, but for the precious few you should hold on.
Work hard to bridge the gaps in geography and lifestyle because the older you get, the more you need the people you knew when you were young.

Live in New York City once, but leave before it makes you hard;
Live in Northern California once, but leave before it makes you soft.

Travel.

Accept certain inalienable truths, prices will rise, politicians will Philander, you too will get old, and when you do you'll fantasize that when you were young prices were reasonable, politicians were noble and children respected their elders.

Respect your elders.

Don't expect anyone else to support you.
Maybe you have a trust fund, Maybe you have a wealthy spouse; but you never know when either one might run out.

Don't mess too much with your hair, or by the time you're 40, it will look 85.

Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it's worth.

But trust me on the sunscreen...”
"Everybody's Free (to Wear Sunscreen)" was written by Cox, Tim / Swanston, Nigel Andrew.

Cheers

Posted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:33 pm
Its good to see so many stopping to read these little "life truths" and posting your own inspiration, and isn't it funny how they apply to specific issues or situations in our daily lives even if we don't realize it at first. I hope this injection of wisdom and truth gives pause for thought and reflection and if it makes just the tiniest bit of difference or influences even the smallest amount of positive emotion then that's definitely a good thing, and don't we all need that now and then.  Very Happy

Quotes for Monday July 20-2015;

“The greatest glory in living lies not in never failing, but in rising every time we fail.”  -Nelson Mandela

“Have great hopes and dare to go all out for them. Have great dreams and dare to live them. Have tremendous expectations and believe in them.”  -Norman Vincent Peale

“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”  -Winston Churchill

“If you always put limit on everything you do, physical or anything else. It will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.”  -Bruce Lee

Posted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:47 pm
Love all of these!  

Love invites you to look at the diamond, not the charcoal.

Be smart!  Keep Love in your heart!  <3 <3 <3
Posted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:50 pm
I have never stopped learning / Michelangelo.

Posted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:24 am
Where the pupil of the eye is missing, there is no light, and where there is no knowledge, there is no wisdom.

Let not your hand be open to receive and clenched when it is time to give.

Be consistent in your thoughts; steadfast be your words.
Be swift to hear, but slow to answer.
If you have the knowledge, answer your neighbor;
if not, put your hand over your mouth.

Thank you xVoodoo for this thread!!!
In a world that is increasingly more negative by the hour, it is nice to know that there are people willing to do what they can to combat that!!

My hat is off to you sir!!!

REFORM

PEOPLE FEAR.........what they dont understand.
Posted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:29 pm
Quotes for Tuesday July 21, 2015;

“The most beautiful people I’ve known are those who have known trials, have known struggles, have known loss, and have found their way out of the depths.”  -Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

“Character, in the long run, is the decisive factor in the life of an individual and of nations alike.”  -Theodore Roosevelt

“It is not the mountain we conquer but ourselves. “  -Sir Edmund Hillary

“When written in Chinese the word “crisis” is composed of two characters – one represents danger and the other represents opportunity. “  -JFK

Have a great Tuesday everyone  Very Happy

Posted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:43 pm
Quotes for Wednesday July 22-15;

“When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left and could say, I used everything you gave me.”  -Erma Bombeck

“Nurture your mind with great thoughts. To believe in the heroic makes heroes.”  -Benjamin Disraeli

“Every truth passes through three stages before it is recognized. In the first, it is ridiculed. In the second, it is opposed. In the third, it is regarded as self evident.”  -Arthur Schopenhauer

“Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.”  -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Have a great day everyone  Very Happy