Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:54 pm
MaxwellSmart View latest post
Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:43 pm
Natb1 View latest post
Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:10 am
Snap71 View latest post

ARMA 3 / DayZ

Posted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:26 pm
Hello Everyone, not sure if there is any interest or not just posting this in-case.
There may be a lot of people that think DayZ is an awesome game, or there may be some that would love to try it but money is tight.
If you would like to try out this awesome game, both Arma 2 and Arma 3 have mods for DayZ.

Just a brief note about DayZ.
DayZ is an Apocalyptic Zombie Survival Game. In short, you start/spawn in as a bambi. You have nothing or next to nothing on you when you first spawn.
Your actions in DayZ comes with consequences!  Unlike Battlefield or COD, if you try to just run in to a fight with out planning and thinking about it first you will soon find yourself being a fresh spawn again (WITH NOTHING), because unlike other games
in DayZ dying hurts!
DayZ has a lot going on and is not a game for everyone.
There are zombies to deal with, as well as other players that are 90% KOS (Kill On Sight).
You must drink or die of dehydration.
You must eat or die of starvation.
You must not get too cold or you will shiver, shake, and eventually die of hypothermia.
You must not get too hot or you will sweat, need to drink lots, and eventually die of hyperthermia.
Did I mention zombies and other players are also trying to kill you?

Any how, didn't mean for this to drag on, but if you want to try this game and you own Arma 3, you can follow the following link and download and install a mod of DayZ and give the game a try.

http://www.thezombieinfection.com/index.php?

Hope this helps even 1 person, as the DayZ standalone is an awesome game, but the FREE mod is also fun and sorta a teaser for the real thing.
Have Fun...
Happy

Posted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:05 pm
I played the ARMA 2 & ARMA 3 beta and pretty much enjoyed the game but was reluctant to purchase due to the lack of interest with in BK. I think the game would be just the right thing for BK with the direction all the other game dev are going. It is not a crouch game but then it is not you typical run & gun type stuff either. It is much like Happy stated about DayZ. The game is slow paced and requires some mission planning and kit set up. The graphics was greatly improved from ARMA 2 to 3 my main complaint was the character movement is stick person like not sure how to describe it but it falls well short as compared to Battlefield series.

I know we have members who already play ARMA 3 and maybe BK should take a serious look at ARMA 3. I not much for the DayZ thing or the futuristic fad of COD  and other games. Hopeful BF5 won't go that direction. When is 5 due out?

Posted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:11 pm
Armas...no ty

Posted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:28 pm
Provide some feed back to help BK members decide. What do you not like about ARMA 3 Natb1

Posted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:45 pm
I have DayZ but I'm not into the zombie thing. I just watched the trailer for Arma 3 and I have to say the graphics look great. Because Arma 3 has dedicated servers, I will be trying it out. I will follow up with my opinon soon.

Posted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:09 pm
I would be more interested in buying Arma 3 than the latest gadget game If game play gets complicated like that instead of point and shoot like WAW then I'm out my only complaint about Arma is the number of buttons u have to use and know for each thing u do Lots of different moves LOL. Karow and I have both pitched this game in the past Whats up BK! ya gonna play waw FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIVES LOL!

Posted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:43 pm
Maybe...

Posted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:19 am

SuniGunz wrote (View Post):

Whats up BK! ya gonna play waw FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIVES LOL!

Absolutely Smile as long as I can stab voodoo and thumper LOL

Posted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:48 pm

SuniGunz wrote (View Post):

I would be more interested in buying Arma 3 than the latest gadget game If game play gets complicated like that instead of point and shoot like WAW then I'm out my only complaint about Arma is the number of buttons u have to use and know for each thing u do Lots of different moves LOL. Karow and I have both pitched this game in the past Whats up BK! ya gonna play waw FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIVES LOL!

Couldn't I agree more with Sunny. game is complicated and a big learning  curve but I am with you the gadget thingy.  Just can't play WAW forever or least I can't. I am still a Battlefield fan I just can't seem to get to good at BF3 or 4. Hardline is easier to master.

Posted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:50 am
The learning curve is indeed big and steep. Some actions require a modifier key such as left ctl + right mouse button, or double tapping keys.
After my initial frustration I am beginning to slowly learn what does what. To me this is a true PC game, and really stands apart from console based games as a simulator not just a shooter.

Posted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:26 am
Crime look for some training servers. they can be a big help based on the folks I have talked to. I am still on the fence unless we can get some members interested in the game.

Posted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:07 pm
Roger that Karow. Ill give it another go. Steam wont let me return it cause I played it for more than 2 hours UGG. So I guess im all in lol.

Posted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:04 pm
Hardline is easier because its basically Infantry Smile like our waw server

Posted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:26 am
But it is new Sunny  not a dinosaur

Posted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:17 am
Dinosaur ! Yeah now we talkin - Anyone playin ARC ?  Smile