Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:51 am
Luke View latest post
Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:42 pm
Natb1 View latest post
Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:33 pm
Luke View latest post

Resporting Server Errors

Posted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:34 pm
OK I have been getting reports of the servers hanging certain maps ect ok here what i need

1. which server,
2. which map and when eg at the end or the beginning or with 5 seconds left on the counter etc
3. the time and timezone
4. any additional information

thankyou

It is Going To Hurt
http://taylormadehosting.co.uk
Posted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:33 am
I noticed server 1 sequenced smoothly today (while I was on) and I think it is due to the good work done by Capt. mr-t  Thank you sir.

Posted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:23 am
On our (=CBBF=) server we sometimes see the countdown/ticking hang, usually on Airfield.  I've been told this is a bug most often associated with having a map with the war gametype in rotation.  I haven't been on when this has happened on BK servers but the description I hear in TS sounds very similar.  Since you run only TDM I don't know if it's the same bug.  There are a couple of ways to remedy the issue.

1. Issue a fast_restart in rcon
2. Issue a map_rotate in rcon
3. Reboot the server

The fast_restart sometimes results in a disjunct between the displayed gametype and the actual gametype (server says ctf but plays dom).

Posted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:41 am
My friend has a COD TDM server, and thi sis the script he uses, and has no problems.  since I don't have access to our servers, i have no idea what we employ..apologies if this is already in place.  Obvioulsy we'd not include makin, but you get the idea.

set g_gametype "tdm"
set sv_maprotationcurrent ""

//******************************************************************************
  // TDM -- TEAM DEATH MATCH
//******************************************************************************
set sv_mapRotation "gametype tdm map mp_airfield gametype tdm map mp_asylum gametype tdm map mp_castle gametype tdm map mp_courtyard gametype tdm map mp_dome gametype tdm map mp_downfall gametype tdm map mp_hangar gametype tdm map mp_makin gametype tdm map mp_outskirts gametype tdm map mp_roundhouse gametype tdm map mp_seelow gametype tdm map mp_shrine gametype tdm map mp_suburban"

Posted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:31 am
Server 1 was acting a bit weird earlier tonight (June 3) from when I joined at around 11pm Pacific and is still happening.

Auto-balance was off (an admin fixed that), but the console messages/rules were not popping up and the TK penalty was not in place (kills you and delays your respawn). The last two issues were not fixed by anyone at the time of writing this.

Unfortunately the TK penalty system not being active caused a huge problem with 1 guy in particular who was intentionally TK'ing a TON of people. Oh well. Your servers are all great so just some minor issues.

"Can't sleep, clown will eat me."
Posted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:38 am
Thanks Bobo for the heads up. We''ll get on it asap. Nice playing with you also

Posted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:03 pm
Just a friendly heads up...

Server 1 still doesn't have the console messages (as of the time of this posting). I have been playing for a few hours and the lack of rules being displayed has caused quite a lot of problems and misunderstandings. Auto-balance and TK penalty are back though, yay.

"Can't sleep, clown will eat me."
Posted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:41 pm
cheers bobo, well get those things sorted asap, im sure Mr-T has it covered as always!

Posted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:03 pm
Server 3
Team balance not working

I noticed that team balance is not working. This happened few times. Yesterday I was admining that server and I noticed it is not working again. I pulled the server settings with Rcon and noticed team balance is OFF.  I did not know if I am allowed to change that so I asked LowJaw to help since you were not online. Once he clicked ON it worked.

Posted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:19 pm
thx red dragon i baument informed me and i have activated it but thank you

It is Going To Hurt
http://taylormadehosting.co.uk