Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:10 am
Snap71 View latest post
Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:51 am
Luke View latest post
Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:42 pm
Natb1 View latest post

Nova Scotia this summer maybe

Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:47 pm
So, OReilly and I may be coming to Nova Scotia in either July or August (depending on how long it takes to get our passports.)  

I seem to remember that somebody here is from there.  If we come (with OReilly's parents and sister and her family) we are thinking about taking the cat to Halifax.  Visiting some fort, and Peggy's cove, and some town beginning with a B that my mother in law has family at....Bridgetown or Bridgewater, and eventually on the way home to Hopewell Rocks to see the ocean floor.

While they have done the trip before, I have only been to the Cape Breton area, SO  is there anything or anywhere I should be sure to see/ visit while we are in that area?  (I wish we could go back up to Cape Breton but THAT isn't going to happen this trip.....last time I never made it to Sydney where my Great Gradmother was from, but someday.)

OK I'm babbling, sorry.  But any thoughts on things we should be sure to visit or places I really MUST photograph would be really helpful.

Thanks,
TankMomma

EDIT - Whoops!  My MIL thought the Ferry went to Halifax, but I think it only goes to Yarmouth.  We'll still go to the fort though.

Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:24 pm
Yea I'm the BK blue noser.

Your coming at a good time of year, Halifax is really awesome during the summer, can't really say the same for the winter though.

If your around you should check out citadel hill in the main of downtown Halifax, it was a strategic fourteen canon battery built in the late 1700's, its pretty cool to take a tour through there, preferably around noon when they do a 21 canon salute.

If your coming around July, you might want to see a concert, Sir Paul McCartney and Kiss have concerts in the Halifax Commons on July 11th and 18th, respectively. To buy tickets, visit here...

http://www.ticketatlantic.com/en/home/concerts/default.aspx

If your into hiking, we have a few really nice trails, one of them being the "ovens" which is a really cool trail with caves carved by years of smashing waves cut out that you can walk down in.

Here is the site for that...  http://www.ovenspark.com/index.shtml

You guys just like to be chill and relax in the sun, then there is a ton of awesome beaches you can take a look at, Lawrence town beach, Martinique beach, and Conrad beach just to name a few.

Plenty of shopping also, at Halifax shopping center, Micmac mall, and downtown Halifax in general.

There is probably a ton of stuff im forgetting, but summer time in Nova Scotia is never a dull moment, there is always something going on, and it gets really hot and humid so I really suggest a beach or even a lake beach such as dollar lake or Oakfield park in Wellington, where I live.

Anyways hope that helps.

Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:16 pm
Thank you Strand.  Yes I think that helps a lot.