Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:10 am
Snap71 View latest post
Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:51 am
Luke View latest post
Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:42 pm
Natb1 View latest post

Another day in bootcamp

Posted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:32 pm
It seems all we do is shine the ostrich plumed gold helmets and the BK logo on the barracks floor so I was kind of exited to go to tear gas training. We finally got to actually eat a meal in the chow hall.

We marched over to the tear gas hut and as usual the city slicker craps player that marches behind continues to step on my heals. I actually have blisters on them and my back is bruised from being poked in the ribcage.

So they went over the maskes and it's nearly impossible to see anything when wearing them and it's hard labored breathing.  We went in the hut and I'm glad they stressed a tight fit. The bunker filled up
with smoke and then they told us to take them off. At first nothing then the burning started. Followed by my eye's filling up with tears followed by my nose pouring snot. Ribbons of snot. Everybody broke for the door and outside we puked up breakfast, couldn't see anything and the burning was intense. When my eyes started to clear up a bit I noticed the kid from appalachia looked like he always does. Tears and snot and puking.

The afternoon we where issued rifles and told they put salt peter in the chow so we wouldn't touch our guns. Whatever that means. The rifles we where told to take with us everywhere except the shower. They don't actually shoot as the barrels are full of lead. The weight is supposed to work like weights and get us in better shape for BK business. The city slickers where all talking about how they have better weapons. Uzi's and 9mm's. Maybe if I see them playing craps again I'll go to the other end of the barracks.

The kid from appalachia woke us all up last night. He was wearing only his duty belt and boots and marching up and down the tables that run the center of the barracks and shouting "Beam me up Scotty".
The drill Instructor had him marched off to the medic and we don't now the results yet. Maybe it's the salt peter.

The drill instructor had us in formation on the parade ground and it was pouring rain and and he said drop and give me fifty NEMATODE. You don't ask why but I did wonder. When I was at about 48 he said "That's for whatever you did that I didn't catch you doing". Everyone laughed. I kinda chuckled. I can be an ass at times.

Anyhoot it seems I've been in bootcamp an eternity. It's probably been about 3 weeks. You lose track. But it seems like 4 months. Can't wait to get out and graduation party.

Anyhoot please don't forget to plant the chickens. If they're late into the ground we won't get eggs.

Probably write once more before graduation if I don't get set back in training. The drill Instructor pretty much hates me but I think if it wasn't for the military we would probably get along w a chuckle here and there. Who knows.

This dang rifle is a real pain.

Posted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:23 pm
lol nice Nematode

Posted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:35 am
lol, cool!

Posted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:52 am
Resident lurker here...

LOL! Nematode, that was brilliant! Ironically, a lot like actual BCT! Oh, the not-so-fond memories!  Smile

Posted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:19 pm
Whatayamean like real bootcamp. It's BK bootcamp and it doesn't get anymore real trust me I've been through it twice  Laughing  

The part about the guy marching around in his duty belt saying beam  up scotty True story from my bootcamp. Drop and give me fifty. Same thing.

Posted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:53 pm
Man, if I had a dollar for every time I heard, "Drop and gimme fitty!", I'd be a reach ZRigged. "Beam me up"....priceless. We had a few gems in basic, too. You can't make this stuff up!

And the salt peter! LOL!  Rolling Eyes   Laughing  It seemed so logical at the time, am I right?

Hey, I really enjoy the BK servers. I'm going to join TS one of these days and meet some of you, but I had to relocate my PC due to some remodeling, and my wife is usually early to bed and I haven't wanted to wake her.

Take it easy, BK!

Posted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:51 pm
Oh yea half the game is on teamspeak. Get headphones if needed.

Posted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:27 pm
lol...I'm good with sound. Thanks! I have a couple of nice headphones/mics. About all I use. I was thinking about hooking up the surround sound again once I get everything put back together.

I like Vent and even XFire is pretty decent for chat anymore. TS is ok, too. My friends and I have sort of migrated toward Vent lately, but makes no difference to me.