Fri Mar 08, 2024 7:30 pm
GTPer View latest post
Wed Mar 06, 2024 2:23 am
Snap71 View latest post
Tue Feb 27, 2024 8:25 pm
mr-t View latest post

BF2042, my first thoughts...

Posted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:39 am
Please read this.... as sad as it is , this is the truth, as I see it as well. A real shame.
https://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield2042/comments/qwfoof/a_battlefield_2042_steam_review/

After playing BF2042 for around 15 hours now, I am disappointed about th game play, the maps (some of them at least) and especially the details... the missing score board, the invincible helis (some of them), the bloom of weapons etc etc

Posted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:47 am
Addon, the biggest let-down for me personally is that for 3 Battlefield games in a row there are no dedicated servers that we can admin. Why ?
This is destroying all for me, and it ends up in another version of COD matchmaking, how it looks and behaves and also these details like the weapon skins and charms to attach (all of this is really pushing me away from BF, tbh).

I will still play it, but it is not the game I expected or was hoping for.

Posted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:08 pm
I do agree on somethings you mention but give it some time as it's on a brand new build. They'll get it figured out, they always do.
As for a server, yes we can and I will. We have been playing around with the different types of setting up hard-core. I got one ready to go but I want to make a couple changes to it. I will share the code on our website so anyone can launch it, if it's not up.

Posted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:21 pm
Whoa, great news on the server, thanks for the update , Johnny !!!

Posted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:35 pm
Johnny,

Lets also be candid. I'm not arguing with you.. BUT... Portal is similar only in part to having our own server. It isn't the same thing. So, with that it will be extremely limited as it can not run 25/7. There is only 1 person who can "Admin" the server. etc.

Not trying to be a downer.. But the days of TRUE Server control are over, never to return again.

Posted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:50 pm

KevMan wrote (View Post):

Johnny,

Lets also be candid. I'm not arguing with you.. BUT... Portal is similar only in part to having our own server. It isn't the same thing. So, with that it will be extremely limited as it can not run 25/7. There is only 1 person who can "Admin" the server. etc.

Not trying to be a downer.. But the days of TRUE Server control are over, never to return again.

I know this and so does the whole clan. That being said it is what it is and its better than nothing. Right now the only draw back is one admin at this time but more are coming. So yes it can run 24/7 if anyone leaves the game running or simply start it if it's not up. This game has so much more to offer for the CLAN than Cod. We are not even to season 1 in BF. Next week is a huge update, infact the largest one in size Dice has ever released  and another before the holiday. Do some reading before you become a Debbie Downer cause looking back at all your comments there's not a single one positive. For someone that got the game gifted to them I would think you could at least stop the negativity and game on...

Posted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:23 am
I been playing solo pretty much since release.  multiplayer has so many bugs.  lag. scopes dont zoom. cant shoot leaving a vehicle, lag. jittery gameplay. most of this is only multiplayer.  I try it once a week and usually quit half thru the match. just horrible.

heard the guy who was in charge of the game had to resign due to so many negative reviews

Posted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:26 pm

JohnJRP3 wrote (View Post):

I been playing solo pretty much since release.  multiplayer has so many bugs.  lag. scopes dont zoom. cant shoot leaving a vehicle, lag. jittery gameplay. most of this is only multiplayer.  I try it once a week and usually quit half thru the match. just horrible.

heard the guy who was in charge of the game had to resign due to so many negative reviews

There's about 7 of us that play every day. Yes there is things but just like any game it'll get fixed. Jump in ts and play with us, we'll help you. We are stronger together and plus it's just fun.