Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:51 am
Luke View latest post
Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:42 pm
Natb1 View latest post
Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:33 pm
Luke View latest post

Top Players List

Posted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:28 pm
A noob question: Is there a top player list of the codwaw servers?

If so, where is it?

Thank you Smile

Posted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:35 pm
just take a look over on the left hand side of the screen when you're in the forums. There is a list for each server. But keep in mind this only judges the amount of points you have for a map. So if you have 10 kills you have 100 points. It doesn't take into effect kill per death (kpd). The highest ranking players are also the ones who play the most because obviously if you've played 50 hours and gotten a medium score, you would be ranked higher than a really good player who just played 20 hours or so. It also doesn't show kpd which would be a more truthful account of the top players. We used to reset these every month....wonder where that went..

Posted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:37 pm
As you read this message - Look to the left of the screen.  All three servers are listed with who's on them and the names of the top players.

<----------------------------------

Posted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:44 pm
Thanks for the information.

But is it not possible to have a table with Kills, Deaths, Number of Matchs, Time of play, and a classification based on following:

Position = Kills / (Deaths * Time)

Where "Time" is the time playing (I don't know if this data is avaiable).

I think that this kind of ratio would figure the real skill level of each player Smile

Posted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:59 pm
I don't necessarily agree with that.  If I were a sniper and remained stationary and well hidden I'd have a higher kdr than a more active player that moved about.  While the kdr definitely should be considered do you believe that a player that goes 7 kills to 1 death per match is a better player than one that had 32 kills to 20 deaths per match?

Posted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:53 pm
if you click on the (full list) button over on the side it will show you all the stats that the servers record.

Posted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:20 pm

Frey wrote (View Post):

I don't necessarily agree with that.  If I were a sniper and remained stationary and well hidden I'd have a higher kdr than a more active player that moved about.  While the kdr definitely should be considered do you believe that a player that goes 7 kills to 1 death per match is a better player than one that had 32 kills to 20 deaths per match?

Excellent point.. I'm not really sure what a good metric is though..   It's very hard to programmatically determine a group of players skill levels solely by the numbers given..

Ultimately I think everyone is better served by not caring and just enjoying the game..  Razz

Posted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:54 pm
I don't think sniping alone would indicate the best player by KDR. I think a combo of player offensive on the move and sniper would be your best player. When i first started playing I had to only snipe to survive. As my game has gotten better, faster to the draw, knowing the maps and knowing the weapons for a map and also having access to the weapons my game had improved to the point of medium player. In addition the stats on the left are very disportionate for admins who fregeeuntly get killed for their service as well as stats being watered down from specing.

Other then that it's the best we got.

Posted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:09 pm
Duck, I couldn't agree more.  Nema you're right too.  I've never really cared too much for KDR my thing is too keep the flow moving.  If it's just a stand off I slowly go crazy.  LOL

Posted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:40 pm
Frey

There are maps and maps, and the KDT ratio would indicate the average skill of the player along a period.

You can reach a high kd ratio in Sellow, but not in Asilum if you are a sniper.

IMO there is no better way to know who is the better player: More kills, less death, miminum time.

What is not fair is someone that kills 30 and dies 30 be considered a good player: the add for the team is zero!

And you are a sniper or a moving player, it is a matter of your choice. I think you must to consider the best choice for each map, and play to achieve the best result in each one of them.

That is why the game gives you the option to build 10 classes of combos between guns and perks.

Who is the best player: someone that is in first with 30/20 kd with 15 min of play, or who that just get in the server, and with 5 min has a k/d of 15/2?

Who is helping his team to win, who should be seeing in the top of the score table?

That is important? In fact no. The important is to help your team, have a good fun match, and gain the respect of the community.

But, once there is a rank, once there is a score table, and nick names will be shown in the top, that place should be design to the real valueable players, not just for those that play the entire day, dont you agree?

(sorry for English mistakes Smile)

edit: I was looking to the Full List of the Top Players table, and saw something weird: how can the people get a score of 50 kills/min? Not even in Quake3 I remember to see so high score. Is there anything wrong with the data?

Posted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:47 pm
I have trouble putting my shoes on the right feet. The fact that my improvements in the game seem to be proof to me that I am developing new brain cells and skills that are not merely contingent to specific game play alone.
BK has been a tool that has opened up key avenues to self improvement and awareness.

The exact numbers do not overly impress me; however if you get self-satisfaction from looking at numbers then good for you. Personally the comradery and friendships drawn from this focal point is quite satisfying.

Why can't we all just have fun? It's much better than the real thing!

Posted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:14 pm
The problem with determingbest player skill by k/d is if everyone went sniper the game would be no fun and abandoned with no movement. IN addition anuone can snipe while others play the game. Not anyone can play active offense and be successful

Posted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:41 pm
correct.. high kpd does not necessarialy mean a better player

Posted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:14 pm
you guys can stop arguing now..... I'm the BEST player.

Problem Solved   Laughing

MlgaBean

Posted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:17 pm
lolies