Wed May 01, 2024 12:38 am
Natb1 View latest post
Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:54 pm
MaxwellSmart View latest post
Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:43 pm
Natb1 View latest post

Say thank you

Posted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:09 am
I have a friend who has a son in the military and he sent me this.  I thought it was a cool way to say thank you.
The video is about 2 min. long.

Http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSfFYxSdKdo

Posted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:26 am
brilliant i think every one should watch it and think about it

It is Going To Hurt
http://taylormadehosting.co.uk
Posted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:32 am
Definitely worth watching and thinking about.  I started doing it after my wife (who travels alot) started it a couple of years ago and she stated you could really make the difference.  Like the video states, it doesn't take much but you get so much more when you do it.  Thanks for posting Don.

Posted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:38 am
Got chills.  Our troops do a great service for our countries.  They all deserve the respect and loyalty from our nations people.

Posted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:55 pm
Extend a hand... a Handshake, a gesture, a thank you... or at least a nod of acknowledgement.

I am in the airports everywhere, everyweek. Just yesterday, returning from Atlanta, and happened upon a soldier and his family.

This was his return trip from Basic training... he is 17. His older brother was there with him and had his arm over his shoulder; in absolute pride of his little brother that has not even graduated high school yet.

As I approached them, the group of 5 family members began to part so that I could pass between them, unknowing that I wanted to speak to them.

I walked up to this soldier and saw that he bore no unit insignia; I knew that he was returning from Ft. Benning, where I had been to basic training only 13 years ago.

I stopped the young man and offered my hand to him and said "thank you"... I looked to his brother and said "thank you for supporting him"... I looked to his mother and grandmother with them and said "thank you for supporting him"... and I looked at his little sister holding his hand and told her that she has a "True HERO for a brother".

I was carrying 2 stacked bags of luggage, and a golf bag, yet asked if I might carry his duffel bag hanging from his back to help him get home and relieve the burden of the heavy bag that he will be carrying for years to come, to which he responded ...

"I carry this duffel and wear this uniform in absolute pride, my father gave his life to this uniform and this bag 2 years ago. We have 2 hours before our flight, can I carry one of your bags to ensure that you get home because I can tell you have carried these bags before."

I WAS ABSOLUTELY HUMBLED. I would not have him carry my bag, but we did head down to a restaurant and talk for nearly an hour about his father, his aspirations for his military career, and my time in the military.

I had not sat down with a soldier like that in years, especially not since losing my mentor in Afghanistan in 2005.

Thank you for posting this... and thank you everyone for supporting those that defend the many countries that we all live in.

Posted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:21 pm
Well said Red_Legs and thank you for caring.

Posted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:26 pm
This brings a tear to my eyes. I am a Vietnam era vet and it was a very difficult time to be in the military. The public did not like us. I vowed I would never let that happen again if I was witness. I will surely start this practice with the hand gesture. Thank you for showing this.

Posted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:36 pm
Very touching indeed.