Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:10 am
Snap71 View latest post
Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:51 am
Luke View latest post
Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:42 pm
Natb1 View latest post

teamspeak rules??

Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:37 am
Lately i have noticed that a fair few members and non members are using VOICE ACTIVATION (Push to talk is MANDATORY on TS. If you need help setting up TS please just ask. I personally recommend the caps lock key. GOA.Luke*BK*)
Now i am posting this because think about it for a minute, atm hear in TAS where i am at this time of the day there is all 3 servers going most of the time and we get up to 30-40 ppl in the welcome channel more or less, now if every1 had VOICE ACTIVATION on in there no 1 would even be able to have a conversation without hearing, ohhhhh,ahhhh,ohhh again and AGAIN things like this we don't need to hear every 2 seconds,now in saying this i luv all the conversations in T/S and hearing every1 who is talking from everywhere all over the world or i would not be a member of BK that was what got my started hear and will continue to keep me hear but think this rule needs addressing, because i know that there is a fair few members and non members with voice activation on, breathing is a dead give away.

"Await The Moment For One,And Only One Well-Aimed Shot"
                                      (Vassili Zaitsev)

Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:42 am
I second that. Lately I can name several people off the top of my head that repeatedly use voice activation, even after being told to set push to talk, and even the TS it's self has a message saying push to talk is mandatory. The problem is the noise caused by the voice activation creates a serious distraction for players. And the last few days it has been very difficult with this situation.

Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:50 am
Yeah have noticed this too, and with Push to talk being Mandatory. The words "properly configured TeamSpeak"(rule below) would cover this point, also its written in the welcome channel description, as mstrsnpr wrote above. Please take note ppl.

"XIV. All *BK* members are expected to have a working microphone and properly configured TeamSpeak. Communications are an important function in how *BK* works."

Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:59 am
If you need help setting up push to talk so its easy to use please just let me know.

GOA.Luke*BK*

Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:08 am
Since were talking about TS, ill say this. I find it annoying that no one uses the other channles, and I understand that its hard to get a admin into your channle too if you dont already have one with you but, yeah. And i also find it annoying that if someones NOT playing in one of the BKs servers and are in the welcome channle, and saying stuff thats going on in THEIR game, I would think it would confuse people, I know it does for me.you know? Like earlier today for example. And yes, stop with the voice activation! Push to talk is mandatory!!! PUSH TO TALK PEOPLE!! Alright thats all I got Smile  lol

Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:12 am
woah, you're as fierce here as you are ingame, Raptor  Shocked   j/k  Very Happy

Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:56 am
lol exactly Raptor well said Twisted Evil

"Await The Moment For One,And Only One Well-Aimed Shot"
                                      (Vassili Zaitsev)

Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:49 am
Especially when there are more than 2 dozen people in the welcome channel I would like to see people go to 2 and/or 3 and there would then need to be an admin in each channel. If you prefer to stay in the welcome channel that is your choice. When there is a special event it is best to be in a separate channel for better communication for both segments and less stepping all over others' conversations and team chat. Also, yes Push to Talk is mandatory. Thanks.

Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:23 pm
Yes I agree there are a few people definately using the voice activation, it really isn't that hard to change,
interesting piece I found from the e.how.com website

If possible, use "Push to Talk" instead of "Voice Activation."
When using "Voice Activation," any noise in your household can trigger the mic'
including children crying, the dog barking, loud game sounds or the television.

If you set "Voice Activation" to the high level to keep household sounds from triggering the mic,
then you'll have to yell in order for the mic to trigger when you wish to speak.

The people in the voice channel with you probably won't appreciate you having to yell every time you want to speak.

Here's how to change from voice to push, for those who need  written form :0)

Open TS, go to Settings->Sound Input/Output Settings and make sure that the Push to talk option is checked.

Then set the key to whatever you like.

Take a few minutes to play with the settings under the Sound Settings panel to tweak your setup. Change the Test Codec to Speex 12.3. Click Activate local test mode, talk into the mic, listen to yourself and adjust your microphone placement and input/output settings until you reach a good balance.

Making sure you sound good here will help make sure you sound good to everybody else.

Found this interesting... hope it is helpful Smile

And Hm........ I think I hear an echo !!