Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:49 pm
Snap71 View latest post
Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:54 pm
MaxwellSmart View latest post
Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:43 pm
Natb1 View latest post
Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:10 am
Snap71 View latest post

Would you play the role of a terrorist in MW2?

Posted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:23 am
This to me is one more reason not to buy MW2. If this is true I will never buy an IW game ever again even with dedicated servers. Please read the story below to find out why.

A leaked video from France surfaced on the internet this morning showing what appears to be the opening single-player campaign mission for Modern Warfare 2. In it, the players apparently assume the role of terrorist, and are seen entering an airport through an elevator with the rest of your squad members.

The team enters near the baggage check area where about 20 civilians are standing before being gunned down ruthlessly by your squadmates. The rest of the level takes the team through the airport shooting civilians lying on the ground and running away in fear. The graphic depictions in this sequence are some of the most violent-looking and realistic scenes we've seen in a video game. This could cause controversy from the mainstream media for obvious reasons.

Read more here: http://pc.ign.com/articles/103/1039382p1.html

Posted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:46 am
Dang they really dug their own grave deep.

___________Fireteam Zulu | Graphics Team Leader | SFC____________

Posted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:51 am
Here is the video clip that I found showing a little bit of the opening sequence. And yea, I can say for certain that this is going to start a war on what should be allowed in gaming, or at least continue the one that is already going on.

[Watch On YouTube]

Posted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:39 am
I can see this being pretty controversial, but in my opinion, its not that big of a deal, heck Grand Theft Auto has been around for ages, you can go around and terrorize hospitals, airports, banks, and police stations with a huge array of weapons, such as chain saws, grenades, rocket launchers, etc, and to be honest I think the only real people who have a problem with this is the PC community who already have the feathers ruffled over the issue about dedicated servers.

Posted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:44 am
Hmmm...   Gotta wonder if MW2 did offer server support  just like the present version of the game would this be getting the negative hubbub it is, and will be getting from the now disgruntled  PC guys and such? I mean, has anybody played Grand Theft Auto? I bet most grade schoolers have.  I do think it is unnecessary graphic violence that is not needed to make for a good gaming experience.  You know many games have been heading farther down this road every year.  Heck, we play a game that focuses solely on killing people and defenseless German shepherds that are just trying to protect their masters don't ya know.  I have reason to be  pissed at IW but this isn't one of them.

EDIT: Looks like Strand posted same time as I did and we are on the same page. Wink

Posted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:07 am
Don't have a problem with it- it's just a game. Hmmm... just like when you play cops and robbers- just playing roles for fun.

Posted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:42 am

Strand wrote (View Post):

I can see this being pretty controversial, but in my opinion, its not that big of a deal, heck Grand Theft Auto has been around for ages, you can go around and terrorize hospitals, airports, banks, and police stations with a huge array of weapons, such as chain saws, grenades, rocket launchers, etc,

Hey Strand thats true with the GTA, but its not your mission to this at the GAME, and if you do it anyway its just your way to play a great game. And Maybe you know since San Andreas you canīt shot on passing People directly with a weapon. So is it at the German Version, dont know about the US-Version. Even in Scarface, witch is really a rough game, and have nearly the same gameplay as GTA you canīt do this.

And about the Terrorist-Opening in MW2 i am apalled!!! I dont liked the Opening-Sequence in Modern Warfare before. The Execution by a TerroristLeader, you may remember, but this is really exaggerated.
I do not buy the game, cause there are no dedicated Servers, thatīs right. But this reinforces my Opinion.

Greetings by the Rabbit

Posted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:36 am
I see where your coming from strand and in fact I disagree with GTA for that reason as with all other games that prey on civilians and I do think that IW have got themselves the biggest spade they can find and dug themselves the biggest hole they could......
In most games that you shoot the innocent, its not always your mission but I think alot of people will dislike this being your first mission and one you need to complete to continue your game.....
Well I am still not buying it and am more than happy to find another game now so that we can all play polite n friendly together Smile

Posted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:15 am
In most of the games, if you kill innocent people you get docked points and cash and what not. It also angers folks. But as to this situation GTA does not even come close. IW has stooped to the lowest of lows, if indeed this is the opening mission. I find it distasteful, as well as morally and ethically perverse. For ANYONE to write that kind of a story line is just wrong, on so many levels. With terrorism at an all time high in nearly every corner of the world, why would anyone wish to justify it? Even in a game. I will NOT ever purchase this game if it comes out with this kind of scene in it, regardless of anything that may be in it. Not only that but I will also slander any person who finds that this sort of thing is right. IW if you did indeed put this into the game SHAME ON YOU! You should be appalled at yourselves for even thinking it. I hope others share my opinion. DOWN WITH INFINITY WARD!

Posted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:51 pm
Posted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:23 pm
MW 2...for me , it's just a game
in cod WaW i playe the most of the time as a German Soldier. The World know what the germans did (terrorized the whole World) p.m. Germany wa poisoned by Hitler and his minions
i don't think about this fact ,when i play as German S. ,it is just a game for me and Mw2 too. You all play sometimes as German Soldiers in cod WaW. OK. War and Terrorists are not the same but it is the bad and the evil...it is just a part of the game ( a Mission) where they show us the evil.

Sawies someone what i 'm trying to say? Confused

Posted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:38 pm
Well then again... most of you guys who aren't from the US didn't have to go through the 9/11 attacks.

___________Fireteam Zulu | Graphics Team Leader | SFC____________

Posted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:05 pm
I think the video is very real look at this teaser clip that IW put our early this year.

[Watch On YouTube]

GOA.Luke*BK*

Posted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:06 pm
Good find Luke. It's allot worse than I thought it would be. The article said it still may turn out to be a fake but I doubt it. I hate to say it but if there was not a server issue I would still buy it. I bet everyone else would to. Mostly because we are rational enough to realize that it is after all just a game.

Posted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:38 pm
Activistion pulled down many of the videos claiming copy right. I think that is the final word on this being official.

GOA.Luke*BK*