Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:54 pm
MaxwellSmart View latest post
Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:43 pm
Natb1 View latest post
Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:10 am
Snap71 View latest post

Battlefield Bad Comapny 2 first impressions

Posted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:32 pm
Ok so I've been playing the beta for 2 hours. As it was said in the announcments there is only 1 map. But even so it says something about the game that we will receive in March.
    -On that map you can enjoy 3 kinds of vehicles: tank, jeep, quad (the last one is an epic tool for flanking)
    -There are spots with stationary machineguns and rocketlaunchers
    -You can destroy buildings, walls, environment (demolished buildings are great spots for snipers
    -There are 4 classes (with no possibility of customisation as it is a beta: assault, engineer, medic, recon)
    -You can change your weapon kit by grabbing other kit from the floor
    -You can mark enemies for your teammates to see them on map(you get additional points if your teammates kill them)- that would be a fantastic teamwork tool
    -You can be easily revived by a medic (once I was about to respawn when I was brought back to life Wink )
    -Assault can drop ammo for ohter players
    -Medic can drop painkillers
    -Engineer can destroy/repair vehicles and destroy walls with the same tool
    -Generally this game would be impossible without running
    -Sniper cammo suit is really good- I mean it's sometimes really hard for you to find them
    -The killer cam (showing who killed you) is kind of a give away and unfortunately makes you change the spots
    -Destroying vehicles is like stabbing people in W@W- the pleasure of it Very Happy
    -There are no flying vehicles on this map but that only would make us want to buy the game even more
    -Asaults gun is not the very best one(too much recoil and not precise), but in the full game you will be able to change the kit (k it's not so bad after all Razz )
    -Gravity works on bullets- important when sniping
    -Maps are big as expected

Last edited by Sinister on Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Posted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:48 pm
and this beta is for PS3? or PC?

Posted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:58 pm
PS3

Posted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:01 pm
hiii nice!
but kill cam lol ...hate it ...not realistic.....simply nade the position where you was killed from....thats boring
all the other stuff Sinister sounds very good!
thank you!

Posted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:03 pm
Sounds good
Thanks for the Report Sinister

Posted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:42 pm
FEW HOURS LATER NEWS:
Dice after handing out most of the keys turned on the ranked servers. So now people started ranking up, gaining skills, being able to customize theirt classes (after they gain skills in that class enabling them to use other weapons)- the BEte is getting even more interesting
One more feature: there those mini helicopter thingies that you can control from a station and order airstrikes- good for getting snipers or helping out mates in battle. If you want to shoot down the little heli it's best to be a sniper.

Posted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:15 am
For those who don't like kill cam, I'm sure there will be an option to turn it off, after all we are getting dedicated servers and iirc there was a toggle kill cam for bf2142 the server admins had at their disposal.

Posted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:56 am

Heraclas wrote (View Post):

hiii nice!
but kill cam lol ...hate it ...not realistic.....simply nade the position where you was killed from....thats boring
all the other stuff Sinister sounds very good!
thank you!

The maps will be too big for that Heraclas. Nade spamming has never been a problem with the battlefield series. Chances are the enemy you killed won't even get close to you before he dies.

___________Fireteam Zulu | Graphics Team Leader | SFC____________

Posted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:17 am
ok thats good..but the kill cam is still boring Wink
I have pre ordered it  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil

Posted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:48 am
um immolation....have you played BF2? What is the name of that one map where all people do is sit behind the hill and spam nades? almost made me throw the game out the window when I owned by nade spamming... but I doubt it will be a problem in this game  Razz

Posted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:33 am
Yeah I used to play it all the time... there were a lot of nades... but they never killed you in one hit, so it wasn't a problem. I loved that game... I'm not gonna lie.

Posted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:02 am
The gameplay is too exicting and cool for players to sit back and spam everything with riflenades- believe me Very Happy It's just a perfect warzone, and it's made for team playing! I can't wait to do scrims! Smile

Posted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:16 am
Been playing the beta on the PS3 myself and I'm very impressed with it, its a real blast.  And definately a lot different from CoD, but I think thats a good thing right now.  I havent looked into any news about it or anything, but is there for SURE going to be didicated servers?  I'd hate to watch as PC gaming became the way of MW2.

Posted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:37 pm
Yes Vemo they announced that a while ago in response to IW's announcement about no dedi servers in MW2.

Posted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:45 pm
New info/thoughts, by Sinister reporter
Hmm... I noticed it was quite annoying not to be able to prone. As it is one of my best tools for ducking when I see the enemy.
It's annoying that the crashed and broken down vehicles (part of the terrain- not the ones we create while playing) are not destroyable- even a tank can't go through those.
There are many cool perks: like giving you 3 nades, improving the firepower of stationary guns, improving movement sensors in the tank, adding enhanced optical sights to your primary weaponry and so on.