Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:51 am
Luke View latest post
Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:42 pm
Natb1 View latest post
Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:33 pm
Luke View latest post

RUIN GAME DYNAMICS??????!!!!!

Posted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:15 pm
I know it’s a method of moving around. I am as guilty as the next person. Heck when I am having a bad game I do it as it is an easy way to get kills BUT does it ruin the dynamic of a Tactical Realism crouch server???

IMHO YES it does!! What is it?? The Pistol sited walk.

There are several reasons.
1.  The speed it allows you to move destroys any tactical methodologies used for this game style
2.  It is not realism to walk the battlefield with a pistol, unless that’s all you have or are in extremely close quarters. I can understand a Sniper periodically doing it moving to different positions but anyone else??? NOPE. Under Deployments I would get whatever I could get my hands on and the Pistola was at the bottom of the list.
3.  There are no specific written rules governing the reload. IE people continue to move at full reload speed even when not being fired at and continue to move a full reload speed when far past the nearest cover. People also Fire one shot reload, one shot reload to assist in moving across the map faster.
4.  The accuracy of the Pistol at medium to long range is outrageous. When having a bad game I do often jump to the pistol because it is easily usable to “snipe” across the map while in the sited walk. On those days I use Pistol until I am out of ammunition then swap to primary weapon

Anyway..
I would like to suggest removing the Pistol site walk or place some written rules about reload and taking cover. Until then I’ll continue to use the current allowable use.  IMHO the Pistol site walk and lack of written rules on the pistol reload is detrimental to the game dynamics hosted on the servers.

PS. Though warnings are NOT given on the pistol reload walk warnings ARE given on the primary weapon reload walk (walking sited then reload after empty clip). This shows that admin do consider it inappropriate but for some reason the Pistol reload walk gets a pass.
GAME on!!

Posted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:09 pm
Here's my answer, whether it be correct or not: Bad Karma is NOT a tactical clan, nor does it run tactical servers. The only purpose of the crouch rules/walk sighted rules is to slow the pace of the game down, which I feel it does perfectly. We do not try to make our gameplay as realistic as possible. We only aim to have a slower paced gameplay.

And as for running from cover to cover, we've had that rule on the server before, and people abused it, so that's why we took it off.

___________Fireteam Zulu | Graphics Team Leader | SFC____________

Posted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:26 pm
This has come up in TS before.  A player must return to crouch while reloading the pistol.  This is a warnable/kickable offense.  I can't comment on the rest of the 'problems' with pistol walking.  

I do pistol-walk with sights up, usually from spawn.  Once I have engaged enemy, I return to crouch and never find the need to p-w.

Schmak
Smile

Posted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:55 pm
First let me thank you for taking the time to join the site and post. We always enjoy getting feed back from fans of our servers.

As many of our members say we focus on slowing down game play rather then being a tactical server. For people abusing the walking with sights up rules we do warn them when we see them. I'm very proud of our members for the great work they do enforcing the rules. With that said it is impossible to watch everyone at once. We do our best to create a fun environment for mature gamers who are looking for something new.

GOA.Luke*BK*

Posted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:26 pm
The rules allow walking sighted with a pistol, so there is no debating it. It is a rule. We have been a server of this particular game for nearly an entire year and we are number 7 out of the thousands of servers for this game. What is wrong with the dynamics of this game is the accuracy of the pistols and revolver, not the walking sighted at a faster pace. In real life, do you walk faster with only a pistol or walking with full gear and a heavy machine gun? Thank you.

Posted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:12 pm
You're going to feel Sinister's wrath...  Evil or Very Mad  Wink

Posted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:16 pm
Thanks for the messages

I did think it was tactical realism as I have seen it mentioned several times when people ask about the rules in game and why.. my mistake
With that 1 and 2 are not applicable and 4 is not really something you can control.

For 3, just so I know what to do or not to do to be well within the rules implied or otherwise.

OK I think I get it!!!!! When the reload begings the player is NO longer sited therefore must be crouched unless under direct fire or nade.

So the walk movement, even if you were sited just prior, while reloading if not under direct fire or nade = running?

I think I failed to match this up because the reload walk is used almost all the time that I witness so thought it was allowable. Still did not make sense to me with the sited rules.. I think it does now and very much do appreciate all responces. AND it is actually very much covered in the rules if you place the reload time as non-sited time. /bonk me

If I am still mistaken on the reload please let me know.

PS I do remember the old  cover to cover in LARGE open area rule which I interpreted as, "If you can use smoke to cross or use concealment then its is not a large open area" therefore there really was none in the maps, even selow. I have just recently returned to play after a long long long break and noticed a large increase in pistol use so had a few questions.

Thanks again

Posted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:17 pm
HAHA sinister, love seeing you on, bring it ON!!!

Posted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:19 pm
I like it just the way it is.  Your servers being busy all the time just proves the rules are just right.  Don't go changin BK. Wink

Posted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:23 pm
Rules ARE awsome
Players are mostly awsome
But the real reason they are busy "Admins do a pretty darn good job" and are fun to knife besides ;p

Posted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:42 am
Forget the accuracy and distance flaws of the game coding for the pistols...

Using the MAGNUM in my opinion, as a primary weapon in a "crouch server" exploits a significant difference in speed over a crouched walker with a rifle. Crouch walking with a rifle is admittedly slow, but crouch walking with a sighted rifle is unbelievably slow and never used as general movement.

Just take into consideration the speed difference of the sighted pistol walk compared to the crouch unsighted rifle walk, then factor in that the pistol is already sighted and moving faster than you...your out gunned because your already sighted by the mag and their moving faster than you. This leaves you with little to no chance of sighting and firing.

I don't think it ruins the game dynamics...just ruins the game for a lot of people. You just have to try and overcome and live with the fact that it's an exploit of a weakness that's inherent with crouch servers. It's just like always using the Line Of Sight flaws of the game to your advantage...it's just that way and people will use those things to their advantage.

But like you say "I know it’s a method of moving around. I am as guilty as the next person. Heck when I am having a bad game I do it as it is an easy way to get kills."

Deleted......
Posted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:11 pm
SpacePNut,
I think you got what I was tryin to say about the walking/reloading.  If you pay close attn in game, you will hear your footsteps while walk/reloading.  That is the difference, the footsteps and slight walk rate increase.  If you can hear yourself step, you're doing it wrong.
That's the only real offense I know about it.
Just my .02

ps, the pistol accuracy is arguably too good.  maybe even overly lethal.  I struggle to come to grips with putting 6 STG44 bullets in a guy equates to 2 Colt shots......
Evil or Very Mad

Posted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:20 pm
If you're a pro pistol walker like me, you crouch when reloading and stand right back when you're done reloading. This is the way I do it, this is the way Mona Lisa would have done that.

Posted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:28 pm
Maybe the pistol situation should be re-visited. Another talk about it couldn't hurt. Possibly the pistols should not be allowed at all. Would make the game much more even for everyone, and stop the discussion altogether.
Just an idea.

Vrai A La Fin

Posted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:34 pm
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ;(