Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:54 pm
MaxwellSmart View latest post
Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:43 pm
Natb1 View latest post
Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:10 am
Snap71 View latest post

Online Stalker

Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:59 am
It appears I have a stalker on your server or maybe an overzealous uber fan...which ever it's getting a little creepy  Confused and I ask for your advice on how best to handle it while in your servers.

I am starting to consider it harassment. I can fight it on my own I guess, but that would cause distress for the guests in your server.

I have not had much success asking privately for assistance so, I ask for it publicly.

I believe it might be of some entertainment value to bk, but if I or anyone else was doing it to a bk member, I don't think it would be considered funny or anything less than than harassment and the offender would be banned.

I ask for the same consideration as everyone else and appreciate the civil atmosphere you provide and protect in your servers.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Deleted......
Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:16 am
Just ignore him as much as you can like I do.

Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:01 pm
What exactly is the "stalker" doing that is making you uncomfortable on our servers?

Has he been sending you flowers or what?

It's hard for us to make a judgement or suggestions one way or the other with the information provided.

Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:44 pm
I agree with Nematode it is hard to give  an answer with our more information.

GOA.Luke*BK*

Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:00 pm
oh just ignore Sinister...he can seem like a stalker but he is more like a funny evil clown guy that just laughs once in a while..

on a more serious note....um...i guess i can't think of anything serious to add to what luke and tode said..

Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:55 pm

The_Mad_CappR wrote (View Post):

It appears I have a stalker on your server or maybe an overzealous uber fan...which ever it's getting a little creepy  Confused and I ask for your advice on how best to handle it while in your servers. I am starting to consider it harassment. I can fight it on my own I guess, but that would cause distress for the guests in your server. I have not had much success asking privately for assistance so, I ask for it publicly. I believe it might be of some entertainment value to bk, but if I or anyone else was doing it to a bk member, I don't think it would be considered funny or anything less than than harassment and the offender would be banned. I ask for the same consideration as everyone else and appreciate the civil atmosphere you provide and protect in your servers. Thanks in advance for your advice.

Okay CappR, A few things here that I would like to try to clear up if we could

First of all, I would like to address the point that this is the first I have heard of this and I am going to go out on a limb here and say the first for many others as well. I am not sure what you meant by "privately" but that would be the correct course of action, and best done by coming to TS to discuss it with an Admin.

Second, since I was not aware nor have heard any mention of this by other BK members, I find the comment about " believe it might be of some entertainment value to bk" it be VERY insulting, as many posts in the past seem to accuse first and then hope to gain something by guilt or remorse. I personally would like it if you could find a more 'polite and friendly' way to address a concern.

Third, I have to agree wholeheartedly with Nematode and Luke. Your information stated here brings nothing to light that would allow us to take care of the situation you have currently encountered. If you could PM myself of one of our server admins with the player's name, reason for suspected harassment, and how often this occurs, it would be much easier for us to take action on this matter. Have you personally tried dealing with this individual on your own as of yet to let them know that you consider their actions inappropriate? If not, I would suggest that first.

Please let us know what you are looking to have done in this situation and the merits for that decision. Thank you.

Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:15 pm
Well said Marley...

I would suggest MadCapper, that you send a PM to GOALuke outlining the problem and specific cause for what you believe is occuring. Either he or his designee could then contact you on a possible solution. Airing it out publicly is not the course in this matter. I know you have access to TS3 had have "peridically" elected to report violators in the past. It would not take much more to come on and request to speakto someone in private about your problem.

Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:33 pm
Ok...thanks for the advice and I will take the idea of a PM and be clear with information. I had come into Teamspeak to report it but I had said I was growing tired of it but didn't give all the details involved. I just did not want to make accusations here a cause a big flaming mess on bk's forums.

Deleted......
Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:53 pm
A Fellow gaming "stalker?" Ya Capp you just hit the big time..Congrats!!

Locate close with and destroy the enemy by fire and maneuver......
7th Engineers "C" CO.1stFSSG Camp Pendleton..ONCE..ALWAYS 86-92
Alpha Company 2nd BN 151st INF ARNG Indiana 11-15