Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:54 pm
MaxwellSmart View latest post
Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:43 pm
Natb1 View latest post
Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:10 am
Snap71 View latest post

A friendly Invitation gone wrong

Posted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:59 pm
I have apparently, violated some rule of advertising on your game server, or at-least according to an OGU clan member I did, as they jumped on my conversation with another player and told me to stop advertising.

I don't think asking a friend when they are going to come onto my TS3 server violates any recruiting or website steering rules. Since I don't have a server or a clan I don't really see it as a problem.

Anyway, I thought I would do you the courtesy of inquiry on this matter. Also, not-withstanding, I would never "recruit" on another clans server, it's just...despicable.

Making friends and spending time with those friends is what online gaming is all about. If a person comes into a server (your server) and takes the time to say "hi cappr" every time they come in, it means they are genuinely trying to make my acquaintance. And if I respond to that individual, with an innocent invitation to my TS3 server, it just does not seem like a violation in my mind.

Besides, I am sure you figured out that I am not "anti-clan", it's just I don't want to be in a "clan"...and recruiting for one, really is just as ridiculous as it sounds.

Anyway, there were plenty of BK there to take offense. But no BK member did, as far as I know. So, if I did offend, none intended.

Deleted......
Posted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:26 pm
Sure no problem. OGUs are oversensitive Wink

Posted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:27 pm
Well thanks for the apology MadCappr, but even tho the OGU member may have jumped the gun, to some degree he was correct. We would prefer that individuals not post url's to other teams or other teamspeaks without the consent or knowledge of our officers. I believe if you contacted Luke or someone first on our teamspeak it would have been a more appropriate gesture. But definitely thanks for your support in the servers and we look forward to seeing you on the battlefield soon!

SFC.Bull
Echo Chalk Leader