Wed May 01, 2024 12:38 am
Natb1 View latest post
Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:54 pm
MaxwellSmart View latest post
Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:43 pm
Natb1 View latest post

Discovery

Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:06 pm
A friend, Haloe aka A_L_O_H_A and I got bored so we went to play modded WAW servers for the first time last night and made a discovery. What we found, simply by accident was, textures were acting like "real world" textures.

What I mean by this is a 2ft thick concrete wall...acted like a 2ft thick wall. We were waist deep in some pretty intense and lengthy engagements. We were actually able to use cover for cover. Yes, bullets were being deflected and even stopped by the solid textures, which allowed us to actually take cover and move strategically while under fire to gain advantage. Haloe and I have winged each other for about 18 years, which might explain some of the lengthy engagements, since he knows my strategy so well. But I think this might be more the norm...have a nice battle without being spammed to death.

We then decided to put our new knowledge to the test...you all know this spot. Roundhouse is the map and the spot is that lone piece of concrete standing on edge, just beyond the turned on its side coal car. It's 4ft square and about 10in thick...ya know the one. In the standard map I have shot and been shot by many people there, just by shooting the concrete. I have also been shot there by pistols...not the magnum. That spot offers NO cover whatsoever in the standard map, but actually offers not total but, fairly good cover in the modded server we played.

We also found the window glitches and LOS (line of sight) glitches (a slice of an enemy helmet being the only visible sign of occupation and bullets streaming out the texture) were seriously put to rest on the modded server. I see the wheels are turning...what does he mean? Ahhh, well that situation still exists...but the one trying to glitch it cannot fire through the wall since the wall acts like a wall.

I can read your mind and it's not true...your thinking they just reduced the damage bullets do and in-turn reduced the damage to players...nope. Out in the open your a sitting duck just like stock servers. Single hit kills are no problem.

The maps...even stock ones seemed to run better and the community made maps were some of the smoothest and visually stunning I have ever played in WAW.

The thing is...why can't Activision make their maps work like they should? And you would think that community maps would be worse than the "pro's" but you would be mistaken.

Anyway you should do yourself a favor and try the modded community maps and check it out for yourself.

Deleted......