Luke View latest post
Wed May 01, 2024 7:50 pm
Snap71 View latest post
Wed May 01, 2024 12:38 am
Natb1 View latest post

How is the beta?

Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:01 pm

Sinister wrote (View Post):

Well I have an exam tommorow so I have to study, but starting 11am -12 pm EST I'll be killing all of you and riding the magical 4 wheelers Very Happy  Twisted Evil

good luck 4 your exam
"killing all of you" we will see we will see.... Twisted Evil

Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:06 pm
I am not impressed by the game thus far. Played about 10 rounds, its ok, but not all that. I still prefer COD5.

Now that I have played in a server that the lag was not impacting too much, the game is more enjoyable, and not so bad. I am still not impressed, however, this is the beta version and changes are coming down the pipes as we play.
It is way different from COD5, but I can see the attraction. Give it a chance, it may grow on you.

Vrai A La Fin

Last edited by Thillion on Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:30 pm
hmm... keep in mind that it is still a beta test everyone... I haven't played it yet but can't wait till I can.

___________Fireteam Zulu | Graphics Team Leader | SFC____________

Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:44 pm
I tried twice to get in and play but i think I'm running into some memory issues.  The game reportedly requires 2gb and I only have 1gb at the moment.  I intend to fix that problem tomorrow.  Might try it again in a minute but each time it fails it brings the entire machine down.  A bit frustrating but...it is what it is.

Hunters of Kentucky
Half Horse - Half Gator

Posted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:16 am
I got my beta key!!! Download is at 71%! I should be playing with you guys pretty quick here.

Posted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:36 am
So basically its 3:22 AM and i JUST got done playing... sad part is i REALLY dont want to stop ^_^

The night;
After like 12 or so the game kinda just went from laggy to AWESOME; some even said there server browser works? idk i haven't confirmed that;
Basically i LOVE it; sure it could use some tweaking ( such as dont allow 300 pingers in a server, with this type of gameplay people with pings that high would litterally be impossible to hit; ) ( there is bullet drop; so you must aim high for long shots, i wish there was a practice mode to tell exactly how far they bullet does drop )
Overall i think the game is going to continue be awesome if they continue to support the game and add prone Very Happy

Tips
(btw all the guns in the game are unlocked..... you just have to get 100056000 points  ( roughly 7000 points per hour ( thats an amazing game ).... so thats about 14294 hours... which turns out to be 596 days ;P so basically there locked ^_^ )

The game is a lot more stressful than COD: world at war on your computer atm ( with updates and patches it will get better );
Basically nvidia hasn't released a driver that specifically supports the games shaders,videos,etc so the game isn't exactly stream line yet;
I noticed it while playing frame rates were all over the place ( i dont exactly have a crappy computer lol );
Also i expect them to iron out the coding which will also help with performance; ( the game uses a lot of images so a defrag after install will help Wink )

Overall i give the beta a 7/10; Most in part of how INVOLVED the game is, without a good squad the game is..... lets just say hard ^_^ ( you wont be seeing people with 90-4 in this game... its just impossible... ); Also pistol walkers? psh yea.... lets just see you do that in this game.... loll
i have to shoot people with my shotgun and pull out my pistol to finish some people ( yes its that hard to kill some skilled/laggy players )

My favorite class is the medic Razz whats yours? what do you think?

New Siggy; What do you think?
Posted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:58 am
when attacking medic, when defending engineer/recon

Posted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:55 am
whats that smelll? Oh its BFBC2 it stinks

Posted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:17 pm
I just played the beta for the first time and here are my thoughts:

wow

I love the graphics
I love the gameplay
I love the feel of it and the realism...gets my heart pumping and makes me think back to combat tactics like bounding over watch and using proper formations
I love the sound and the destruction model...tree chips exploding around me...awesome

I will be honest when I say I was real close to being bored out of gaming, but this...this is wind in my sails!

Posted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:37 pm
My favorite class is recon with the semi-auto sniper rifle. Very Happy Plus you get C4...

Posted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:25 pm
The secondary rifle? hah that one was crazy weak to me ^_^ but then again you gotta shoot people like 6(full clip) times with the semi shotgun lol

New Siggy; What do you think?
Posted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:52 pm
Overall liked the gamplay. At times though it seems kind of laggy. Also the scope to snipe seems to be a little fuzzy. Vehicles are fun to operate and can turn the tide. The medic mode is nice as you can heal and fight with your team. The engineer mode too is a nice addition although you may have to brave some enemy fire to make repairs on vehicles. The one other thing I like is the ability to re spawn with your squad. You don't have to go across an entire map to hook up with your team. The Helos are a nice addition although flying them so far has been trying for me to say the least....Looking forward to playing with other BK members here. Whoever said the days of the pistol walker are over hit the nail on the head. I like the game but still plan to play COD WAW with all of you. The only other thing I did notice is that there is no prone position for firing. There will be changes to this game I'm sure.

Locate close with and destroy the enemy by fire and maneuver......
7th Engineers "C" CO.1stFSSG Camp Pendleton..ONCE..ALWAYS 86-92
Alpha Company 2nd BN 151st INF ARNG Indiana 11-15
Posted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:54 pm
remember guys, this is a BETA. B----E----T----A.  as in nowhere near finished product.  you will have many balance/crashing/graphical/server/functionality issues, and that is to be expected.  cuz its a beta.

hellin, thillion, warwick, ME and anyone else who is having problems with it at this point, remember this is not a demo, IT IS A BETA!!!  If you really can't stand having problems and letting DICE know about the specific issue you are having; then, I am sorry to say, you should not be playing this game yet!

The whole point of a beta is to find as many of these issues as possible, and fix them before the official release of the game.

sorry for venting...
SSG.Braxis*BK*

Posted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:05 pm
To begin with I would say that there are very few games that I have played “out of the box” that I immediately became sold on. For me the Battlefield Series has always been frustrating in the beginning until you get some feel for the game and find an environment (server) that best fits your style/pace of play.

We are all accustomed to the slower pace of CODWAW and BC2 is a faster moving/team oriented platform to execute an objective over a large landscape setting rather than K/D ratios “in-the-trenches, door-to-door” approach.

It is nice to experience the “beta”, and I stress “beta”, but we must keep in mind that there are still “bugs” to be fixed, enhanced additions, and individual orientation to the operation and flow of the game itself.

Currently, the pace of the game is being fueled by those with a “run & gun” mentality, making the learning curve extremely difficult for those first-time players to the series. When the full version is released it will be combined with a single player module that will give us all plenty of time to practice on our own. Once we acquire servers exclusively, we will have the opportunity (I hope) to direct the play and pace utilizing team tactics without the “Army of One” mentality.

At first blush I am impressed with the amount of graphic detail and degree of rich audio. I realize that many people will find that it takes greater horsepower to run efficiently, however the realism factor is the payoff in the end. It will take skill to learn individual weapon capability and “bullet trajectory” in this game and to come to the realization that in modern warfare Soldiers have body armor and “one-shot-kills” will be rare to come by. This is just the tip-of-the-Iceberg, learning the abilities of “Soldier Class” and the array of land & aircraft will keep avid players plenty busy.

With only one map to experiment with, I applaud the increased attention by the developers to cover detail (structures, trees, foliage, rocks, and contour of the land) and look forward to all the future maps they have designed. You soon discover that for the most part, you are free to take any reasonable route to your objective.

That being said, I hope members do not prematurely pass judgment or become overly critical until the tweaks have been made or addressed. After all, we have been playing COD for well over a year now, gone through a series of patching and can easily point out inconsistencies and unreal effects. Nothing is perfect, and we always find a way to either complain or learn to adapt…until the next “better mousetrap”.

Posted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:54 am
I think its great....consider its a beta. The first thing thats was positive for me , was the
sound.....it just hit me in the face (ear) lol. Very realistic!!

I like it alot. 1 thing negative tho...in close combat, when fire upon a enemy. Some times you need to
emty a clip...and sometimes more to get a kill. Any1 else xperience this?

CPU: Intel Core i7 960  @ 3.20Gz
Motherboard: ASUS Rampage Gene lll
GPU: Asus 6950 2Gb
RAM: 6Gb
HD: Corsair F-120Gb SSD+ WD 1Tb Black.
Case: HAF-X Big tower.