Snap71 View latest post
Wed May 01, 2024 12:38 am
Natb1 View latest post

How is the beta?

Posted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:58 pm
it's a bug...PB is not running in the beta
try a restart of the game

Posted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:00 am
Thanks Luke, I will look again. Do you know if you will have the option to adjust the bullet damage in your server?

Posted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:53 am
well, they have never had prone in any Battlefield, right? so its not really consoles screwing us so much as "this is the way that BF is, deal"

On another note, yes, the console port nature of the game is screwing us over with graphical limitation, simplistic controls, minimalistic menues and options and greatly simplified customization of kits, but until PC dominates the market again (which it never will) we're stuck.  As an interesting aside, I was reading somewhere that many companies have given up making games specifically for PC all-together  because they did a study looking at game keys active in online servers, 95% of PC gamer playing online have pirated copies.  so its no wonder that producers have decided to only make ports, we're all a bunch of cheap pirates! :P

all I can say is "yarr! avast, ye lubbers!"

SSG.Braxis*BK*

Posted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:37 am
Sorry you couldn't prone in Battlefield, I could. I gotta wonder what else we are going to see as a compromise in the future in this game.

Posted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:55 am

Braxis wrote (View Post):

well, they have never had prone in any Battlefield, right? so its not really consoles screwing us so much as "this is the way that BF is, deal"

On another note, yes, the console port nature of the game is screwing us over with graphical limitation, simplistic controls, minimalistic menues and options and greatly simplified customization of kits, but until PC dominates the market again (which it never will) we're stuck.  As an interesting aside, I was reading somewhere that many companies have given up making games specifically for PC all-together  because they did a study looking at game keys active in online servers, 95% of PC gamer playing online have pirated copies.  so its no wonder that producers have decided to only make ports, we're all a bunch of cheap pirates! :P

all I can say is "yarr! avast, ye lubbers!"

SSG.Braxis*BK*

Actually, they've always had prone as the Z key, and I believe they are planning on adding it to the pc version.

___________Fireteam Zulu | Graphics Team Leader | SFC____________

Posted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:58 am
I do not know about bullet damage at this time. The current beta has some hit detection issues it seams but they say that a lot of things are being worked on. There seams to be a lot of options for the servers from what I have seen so far.

GOA.Luke*BK*

Posted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:52 am
I think the bullet damage is about the same as the other battlefield games... but luke's right, there are issues with bullet registration. This could be due to the large amount of players combined with the destruction engine and large maps.

I hope BK does not decide to change the bullet damage in the server, because in my opinion it could ruin the gameplay... but of course it's not up to me.

___________Fireteam Zulu | Graphics Team Leader | SFC____________

Posted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:49 am
I also got kicked for inactivity last nite. Stopped to eat supper and just spawned and sat in the back corner and didn't move. I don't know what the time was on it, but it's probably a good thing to have, keeps people from tying up a server.

Posted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:34 pm
I had the same thing happen yesterday. I think each server can set up their own time limit for afk.

GOA.Luke*BK*

Posted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:42 pm
Weather turned on or off in the game menu (found it Luke) and re-boot of the game or the computer it will no longer let me in servers that run Punk Buster. I get the same error I posted earlier. Not that big of a deal due to the fact I am just getting a feel for the game but would be nice to join friends in PB servers.  Confused