Mon May 06, 2024 12:30 am
Luke View latest post
Wed May 01, 2024 7:50 pm
Snap71 View latest post
Wed May 01, 2024 12:38 am
Natb1 View latest post

NOT A RUN AND GUN (Yea Right!)

Posted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:49 pm
BC2 not a run and gun huh?....were what BC2 you have BK.....all ic is run and gun didn't kill anyone...so my pre-order is a waste for the mulity play side.................gggggggggggggggggggg not run and run...well BK your one up on me.............. Crying or Very sad

Posted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:03 pm
Then again World at War is a run and gun game also?

Im sure Luke will figure something out, be that its going to be a hard job lol

New Siggy; What do you think?
Posted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:04 pm
The reason this is more of a run and gun game is because of the size of the map and the speed of the game. It's a much slower pace to try and run across the map, or even across the street. Just something to get used to.

Posted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:32 pm
Yes, one thing I don't like that you can't stay in crouch without holding the key down. To me that is kind of stupid, who walks are runs up-right while being shot at?...........ought to be able to move faster at a crouch without holding the key down.

2: This is for any game there should be NO WAY TO ID THE ENEMY EXCEPT BY UNIFORM! No color tags and tags period!

Posted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:38 pm
the uniform thing i totally agree with.  i have never liked the tags, they are too easy to pick out from a backround.

Posted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:45 pm
BC2 isn't a run and gun... definition of run and gun = a chaotic game where everyone sprints as much as possible stopping at every enemy they find spraying there gun randomly hoping they will hit that enemy...

The reason you couldn't kill anyone is because you are simply not used to the game. Give it more time.

___________Fireteam Zulu | Graphics Team Leader | SFC____________

Posted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:21 am
Nice of you to say, but u know I suck at a fast pace game,.....heck I suck at the crouch.... Very Happy ..

I was on the chicago #57 server and they kicked me..s***, pretty bad when you kicked from a beta game......................... Shocked

Last edited by Nam-Ranger on Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Posted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:32 am
there are no admins... and it's not that fast paced...

Posted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:35 am
Just because you can run in a game dose not make it a "run and gun game". Just because you can run dose not mean you can not play "tactical" or "realistic".

This game is based around a simple idea. One team attacks two targets and one team defends two targets.

The defending team has to stay close to the targets. If they "run and gun" all over the map the attackers will walk right into the target and destroy them and you will lose. As a defender you must camp the targets and create a perimeter to keep them away from the targets.

The attackers must punch a hole in the defenders line and push into the targets. They must then destroy the targets and then regroup and attack the next target. If you do not work together as a team and "run and gun" you will never win.

This is a game about team work. Which is why we try to slow down COD by crouching so we can work together as a team. I know that not everyone will enjoy the game as not everyone enjoys COD W@W. Each player will have to decided for them selves if this is the game they want to play. I do believe that BKops is built around the idea of team work and games like this require voice communication and team work.

I have always thought that the term "running and gunning" was incorrect. They are servers where no one works together and just goes off and dose what ever they want. Our COD W@W server was built around the idea of having people work together. We did that the only way you can in COD and that is by slowing down the game. I think BF BC2 is already slowed down when compared to COD W@W. I do think the rush mode in BF BC2 is perfect for a team like BKops who wants a game that will allow us to play together as a team.

If BF BC2 is not for you we will still be running or COD W@W servers. We will also be looking at the new Medal of Honnor and Call of Duty games that will be coming out this year. If we believe they will be a good fit for BK we will support them with servers.

GOA.Luke*BK*

Posted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:36 am
You only get kicked for inactivity. The beta has a set time limit for inactivity.

GOA.Luke*BK*

Posted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:00 pm
I was in a clan where when you joined a game you had to join a squad. Is this a consideration for BK server in BC2? Team work Luke? All I have seen is" lone wolves" in our everyday games. Am I missing some thing here? I would like to see some team work organized. All some one has to say is " join a squad and work as a team". Maybe our company (A,B,C and so on) should join in game as a company and divide into squads. Shocked

Posted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:35 pm
This might help you out Ranger, because I know you like to snipe rather than assault.

When you get to your snipe position...hold down your crouch key and at the same time press the "J" key (which is used for in-game chat) and release both keys. You will now be perminently crouched, however you will need to press the "esc" key to cancell "chat" in order to move.

You will now only move on the map in crouch until you press the "crouch" key again, then you will be in the standing position and able to walk or run again. If you hit the crouch key by mistake you will need to repeat the above process again to go into perminent crouch.

I hope this helps you in this "beta" until they include a "toggle crouch" and "prone position" in the full release.

Posted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:46 pm
Thank You spider I'll try that....that no staying crouch sucks....You say "in the full game there will be a t/crouch and prone....that for me will be GREAT!

Posted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:35 am
Well there will be a crouch, but as with the other Battlefield series games, there will be NO prone function...

SFC.Bull

Posted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:23 am
They may be implimenting it into the full game... it's still a possibility as they listed it in their bugs/suggestions list on their forums.