Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:43 pm
Natb1 View latest post
Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:10 am
Snap71 View latest post

COD 5 WW beta

Posted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:22 am
I got this from the DD website.

LAUNCHED!!

Callofduty.com are happy to announce that the PC Multiplayer BETA has finally arrived! With it, we can get many of the tweaks and fixes that resulted from feedback from the Xbox 360 BETA, but bear in mind not all issues have been addressed quite yet.

You can download the PC BETA from any of the mirrors in our http://www.callofduty.com/beta/#download_instructions. You will need a Key Codeto install this BETA, which can be found in your http://www.callofduty.com/profile/edit tab of your CallOfDuty.com account.

Please be patient – lots of people want the file, so downloads and site load times may be slow at times – we apologize in advance of any inconveniences!

Id recommend using the gamershell mirror link for the Netherlands link

I need for everyone to respond by what profile name you'll be using in the beta so there wont be so much confusion.

If you are trying to access callofduty.com as of 6:50pm it will be heavy duty busy im already having trouble getting in

*I came, I saw, I conquered!*
*BK* Member since 2004
Posted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:38 am
You beat me to it, i was just reading the email i got from callofduty.com.
i am downloading the file right now.

i got a cd key, i dont know if its mandatory for playing it.

heres the link
http://www.codhq.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=352

Posted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:01 am
All i have to say about the demo  is "Meh"

Il buy it but i wont even be considering playing this game as my main game.

Posted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:39 pm
I cant get the game to play. I will have to try to fix it tonight.

GOA.Luke*BK*

Posted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:11 pm
me neither it crashed at the very launch of the game

Posted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:27 pm
Lets start to get some details down.

On a 1 to 10 scale with 10 being the best.

What do you think of the game play?

What do you think of graphics?

What do you think of the controls?

Would you buy the game?

Comments?

GOA.Luke*BK*

Posted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:34 pm
7 out of 10

What do you think of the game play? More of the same. that was a given before it was released. BUT the gameplay is worse than CoD4. Hardcore isnt one bullet from a high powered rifle kills anymore. Its about three. And it actually feels like your playing on a console but with a mouse. at least it does to me.

What do you think of graphics?
better than CoD4

What do you think of the controls?
same as CoD4

Would you buy the game? 50/50 chance that i will. If they fix Hardcore i might get it.

Comments? more of the same minus 63+ years. The equivalent to a chopper is now a pack of dogs and i have yet to see a dog kill someone. New cooler killcam. im not fast enough to get in a tank so idk about them.

Posted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:19 pm
hey guys =AIM= has a dedicated server for cod5.  I have played it alot and there does seem to be some issues they need to work out.  We also have to remember that it is a beta version and it won't be as good as the box version.  I am hoping that they make the maps bigger and some of the weapons have a little more stoppping power behind them.  Luke the problems we have been noticeing have been dx9 issues.  If it gives you an error when you first start the game and it says something about dx9 issue you will have to go to microsoft and download the patch again.  I have had 7 kills a couple of times to get the dogs and riecived the dogs a couple of times and the dogs a couple of times.  It also seem like there is a lot of fishy stuff going on with some ppl by looking at the kill cams.  I would say cheating but thats kinda harsh.  Just seems like ppl have you sighted in before you get out in the open

Posted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:20 pm
i have looked at the demo and uninstalled the very same day , if i was to wish to play anything like this i would choose to runn the Medal of honor series , that is way better goodsize maps and plenty of them, but to be utterly honest im holding on to my cash for ARMA 2 or OPERATION FLASHPOINT 2 that are due spring 2009 both look good and will be hard to choose a winner .

my 2 cents if any one realy cares

Posted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:05 pm
Thanks Smile I'm downloading it again right now. Lets set up a night to all try it together. Games are different when played together.

Any idea on nights that work?

GOA.Luke*BK*

Posted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:35 pm
Ok, After pgrading my directX 9.0c, I got a chance to play a little.
heres my input:

On a 1 to 10 scale with 10 being the best. 7

What do you think of the game play?  Same as COd4, with WW2 outfits.

What do you think of graphics?  really impressive.

What do you think of Sound? i dont know if it was the beta or else bt the sounds werent as strong as COD4, the nades and gunfire werent as loud.

What do you think of the controls?  Mouse movements felt slower than COd4, i still need to get used to the new map feature, i dont like that you have to press the key to turn it on and then again for off, wold love to see it as a press-to-appear and as soon you depress the key the map goes away.

Would you buy the game?  I already reserved my copy.

Comments?  I said this before, i think it was released too soon after COD4. which is STILL a good seller and keeps atracting more gamers to it. Maybe WW2 games are outdated and everyone wants new warfare. I love WW2 games and i realized i wanted to play cod4 after playing CODWAW for a while. Its true what Viper said. It gets 3 shots from a bolt action rifle to kill somebody. a shotgun kills you instantly even from a mid to close distance.
I jump in the tank as a gunner on the turret and it was ok. i would love to see a good teamplay with it, kind of BF2 gameplay.
The Dogs are ridiculous, i would change that so you can get them at 4 kills, not even 5. you can time the dog and knife it and pum you kill it. The chopper in COD4 took forever to go down. theres an imbalance now, was too much before, now its too little power. they killed me once during my 4hr play tho.
I yet have to see te final released version, but i dont think its going to change too much. think about it. they released the beta just 11 days before the final release. i dont think Activision its going to wait for any inputs on the beta to start manufacturing the CDs. they have thos ready to ship, maybe even the gamestores have them already.

my 2 pennies

Posted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:50 pm
Thanks for the feed back guys! So next Wednesday night at 9:30pm est is a BK run threw.

GOA.Luke*BK*

Posted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:26 pm
Whats the final decision on COD5? is BK going to have the 2 games running (maybe different days for each?)

Who is going to get the game? My copy should be arriving soon.

Posted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:26 pm
I got it. some maps are small. some are huge. the small only need about 10. and the large need 10 per team it seems.

Posted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:33 pm
Lets open up a vote to everyone what do you think is COD5 the place to be?

GOA.Luke*BK*