Mon May 06, 2024 12:30 am
Luke View latest post
Wed May 01, 2024 7:50 pm
Snap71 View latest post
Wed May 01, 2024 12:38 am
Natb1 View latest post

My Thought On HC

Posted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:04 am
Now, hear my out...BK likes realizem right?....If you get hit changes are you are going down right? If you get up your first thought is to get to cover...now if your still taking fire sure then you return protective fire. Ok now some of you are saying in HC it's to easy to get killed. That is the point of HC..if you don't move cover to cover in a sprint you become an easy target. If you game in non-HC the game it would be easy to sprint and kill the player shooting at you, that is what is going on now. HC you want be able to do that. In HC you are going to have to figure out how to attack. I for one would want HC on....that way nobody will just sprint up to me after I shot them 3 times and the still didn't stop and knife me. Knife beats a fire arm (not a suprise knifing) is not right.

BK want to add realizem add HC.

Posted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:29 am
Not necessarily... depending on the gun, it could take several shots to take someone down. And we don't necessarily want realism. We want teamwork. Our cod5 rules were put in place to help slow the game down allowing for better teamwork. Not to make it more realistic, because honestly, crouch rules aren't very realistic because you aren't gonna crouch around a battlefield and never run. I for one am very against hardcore, but one of the suggestion's I've brought up is having one server regular, and one server hardcore. But to be honest, I don't think hardcore should have ever been put in battlefield. But that's just my opinion.

___________Fireteam Zulu | Graphics Team Leader | SFC____________

Posted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:36 am
Like i said in the other post and some new ones

1. Make sure your not having performance issues; (directx10 ran like crap so i change mine to directx9)

2. In hardcore mode you can basically shoot people from spawn.... LAME its not like you can dodge while parachuting down...

3. The damage is to high; getting taken down by a semi auto gun faster than a shotgun to the chest? 2 pistol shots and your dead? unrealistic; with tech. this day and age you can take a pretty high caliber round and still survive;

4. For a person against run and gun your clearly stating you want to be able to run cover to cover; you basically HAVE to in HC or your just dead...

New Siggy; What do you think?
Posted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:46 am
First we have to get to know how much freedom one have in modifing the server's settings. Because we can find a midpoint in between the hardcore and the regular. Maybe we will be able to slow down the running or make the soldiers get tired like in COD. Maybe we'll be able to change weapon stats. For example increasing shotguns, machineguns and sniper rifles power, cause they seem to be lacking some. C4 is realistic and it annoys me to hear that they're gonna change it. C4 is supposed to blow up and make big explosions, what do you expect. Maybe they should increase the time to set it up but not decrease it's power. There are also granades which fly in slow-motion...

Posted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:57 am
They aren't reducing C4's damage... they are just changing it so that you can't plant 6 c4 on the objective and blow it up in one run. It will still do the same amount of damage to buildings... they are just increasing the health of the actual objective itself.

___________Fireteam Zulu | Graphics Team Leader | SFC____________

Posted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:16 am
In hardcore mode you can basically shoot people from spawn.... LAME its not like you can dodge while parachuting down... Have spawn. protection set to 5 seconds that will stop that

Posted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:39 am
Spawn protection is not an option we can control.

GOA.Luke*BK*

Posted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:47 am
Just a quick feed back on the talk about how we will setup our severs. At this time no final decisions have been made on how the servers will be setup. We will continue to test the game and make final decisions once the game comes out.

GOA.Luke*BK*