Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:54 pm
MaxwellSmart View latest post
Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:43 pm
Natb1 View latest post
Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:10 am
Snap71 View latest post

YOU GOTTA LOVE ACTIVISION'S SUPPORT

Posted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:10 am
look at the entire thread, if you know any solution i am willing to try it.! You have to read it from bottom to top.

Discussion Thread
Customer 12/02/2008 06:07 PM
I feel we are shooting blanks here, look at the length of this thread! i want a real and concrete solution.

Response (Kirk McNesby) 12/02/2008 09:54 AM
Hi,

Uninstall the game, delete the game folder, then create a new administrator level profile on your system and login to that profile. Then reinstall the game from that profile and try it again.

Customer 12/01/2008 05:16 PM
I am the only user, hence the administrator

Response (Kirk McNesby) 12/01/2008 02:50 PM
Hi,

Do you know if your account has administrator level access? That error message is almost exclusively a right access style issue.

Customer 11/28/2008 06:52 PM
thats how it is right now.

Response (Kirk McNesby) 11/28/2008 04:24 PM
Hi,

Right click on the shortcut and select "launch as administrator" then try the game again.

Customer 11/28/2008 04:23 PM
if i go to MP and click on solo/co-op to switch to that mode, the game crashes and this is what it says: 1st starts sending the error to microsoft and then closes, if i close the sending of the error shows: "exe_err_couldnt_start_process"c:\program Files\Activision\Call of Duty - World at War\CoDWaW.Exe" the requested operation requires elevation
000002e4"

Customer 11/28/2008 04:19 PM
" a program need your permission to launch, if you started this program click continue"

Response (Kirk McNesby) 11/28/2008 03:58 PM
Hi,

What does the warning pop-up say?

Customer 11/28/2008 03:57 PM
both ways with the same result. everytime i try to run it the vista warning popup appears and i have to click continue to start the program, but never runs

Response (Kirk McNesby) 11/28/2008 09:23 AM
Hi,

How are you launching the game? From the auto-run menu or a short-cut?

Customer 11/26/2008 03:15 PM
That question was asked already. I dont have nor i ever had one.

Response (Kirk McNesby) 11/25/2008 07:57 PM
Hi,

Do you have any cd or dvd emulation software on your system? If so please try removing that software and trying the game again. If you've had this kind of software in the past you may want to search the web for a registry cleaner application to help you clear out any entries it may have left behind.

Customer 11/25/2008 07:52 PM
"Please insert the correct DVD-rom, select ok and restart application"

Response (Kirk McNesby) 11/25/2008 06:52 PM
Hi,

Do you still have the game shortcut set to run in Windows XP compatibility mode? If you do please disable this and choose to only start the game as an administrator.

Customer 11/25/2008 06:49 PM
here

Response (Kirk McNesby) 11/25/2008 04:30 PM
Hi,

I would like you to generate and send to us a system information file. To do this we ask that you do the following.
1) Go to start->programs->accessories->system tools->system information. This will bring up the system information tool.
2) Go to the top menu and select file->save (you can name the file sysinfo.nfo). This will save a file with all of your system information. Save it to your desktop.
3) Go to http://www.activision.com/support/
4) Select Activision from the list
5) Click the My Stuff and login to your account (default is your email address for your login and no password unless you set one up for the account)
6) Then click Questions.
7) Find your current incident and click on it under the Subject column.
Cool Click Update Question.
9) Under "Attach Additional Documents to Question" you will see a Browse button. Click that and browse your computer for the sysinfo.nfo on your desktop. When you locate the file, double click on it.
10) Once the file appears as attached, you can now enter any additional information about your Incident in the "Results and/or Additional Information" field.
11) Click "Submit Update to Question" to send the system information file

Customer 11/22/2008 03:04 AM
i already did this, it was one of the first steps i did.

i don't have a emulator installed

Response (Kirk McNesby) 11/21/2008 05:05 PM
Hi,

Download and install the latest firmware update for your drive:
http://us.sonynec-optiarc.eu/en/support-service/downloads/fw_dvd-writer-ad-series.html

You have an AD-7190s.

If that doesn't resolve the issue please let us know if you have any cd/dvd emulation software on your system, even if it is disabled right now.

Customer 11/21/2008 05:58 AM
i still can't play solo/co-op

Customer 11/19/2008 09:10 PM
Hi, thank you for your help, sorry for being so complicated.
i saved the data already. uninstalled and reinstalled and got the same error

Response (Thien Nguyen) 11/19/2008 07:54 PM
Hello and thank you for contacting Activision Customer Support,

The folder may be hidden, make sure that your Windows Vista PC is set to view all hidden files and folders as the Appdata folder must be in that directory if your Windows Vista system is working correctly.

Thank you for contacting Activision Customer Support, if you have any other questions, we will be happy to address them.

Customer 11/19/2008 07:48 PM
My answers in CAPS

*You can send the icon to the desktop from the start menu and/or executable on the hard drive.*
DONE, DID APPLY THE CHANGES TO RUN IT AS WIN XP SP2. CANT PLAY IT THRU THE ICON, STILL HAVE TO GO TO THE CD AND DO AUTORUN.

Browse the game folder and then back up the players and profiles folders. This should preserve your multiplayer statistics and experience as well as your saved games.

It can be located in this directory for Windows Vista: C:/Users/<windows>/Appdata/Local/Virtualstore/Program Files/Activision. Check this directory if you cannot locate your save files in the main directory.

THERES NO APPDATA FOLDER, NOR THE OTHER SUBFOLDERS.

WHATS THE NAME OF THE FILE?

Be sure that you can view hidden files and folders as some of the folders may be hidden.

Response (Thien Nguyen) 11/19/2008 07:32 PM

You can send the icon to the desktop from the start menu and/or executable on the hard drive.

Browse the game folder and then back up the players and profiles folders. This should preserve your multiplayer statistics and experience as well as your saved games.

It can be located in this directory for Windows Vista: C:/Users/<windows>/Appdata/Local/Virtualstore/Program Files/Activision. Check this directory if you cannot locate your save files in the main directory.

Be sure that you can view hidden files and folders as some of the folders may be hidden.

Thank you for contacting Activision Customer Support, if you have any other questions, we will be happy to address them.

Customer 11/19/2008 07:28 PM
OK, for some reason theres no icons on my desktop, second if i try to do it on the GAMES menu Properties its not shown.
I already disabled norton and also allowed the game.
how do i re-install without losing my Multiplayer data?

Response (Thien Nguyen) 11/19/2008 07:16 PM

If you are using Norton, either disable it temporarily to test the game, or go ahead and allow the game through on that antivirus program.

Also, try this:

1. Right click on the game shortcut on your desktop.
2. Select "properties"
3. Select the "compatibility" tab.
4. Set the compatibility to Windows XP SP2.
5. If possible, check the "Run as Administrator" box.
6. Apply the changes and try the game.

We've seen that this has helped Vista users when running their games on the Windows Vista system. Have you already tried reinstalling the game?

Customer 11/19/2008 07:10 PM
I do have, but when i rebooted following your steps it didn't load at start-up, i am using norton systemworks 2008, i already updated the firmware on the dvd.
I saw the dxdiag file, and its weird how it list my drives (all of them) as scsi when i have SATA in all of them.

Response (Thien Nguyen) 11/19/2008 05:53 PM

Do you have any kind of firewall/antivirus program such as trend-micro running? In your dxdiag file, your cd-rom is marked as a SCSI device. Go ahead and download the latest firmware for your dvd drive at:

http://www.x-drivers.com/catalog/bios_firmware/optical_drives/companies/nec/models/ad-7190s/8062.html

Customer 11/19/2008 05:38 PM
My dvd drive is SATA, and I don't have another one.
I followed your steps, disable all and tried again. Same result.

Response (Thien Nguyen) 11/19/2008 03:40 PM

Do you have any non-SCSI DVD drive that you can test the game disk on? We have seen issues with the game and SCSI DVD drives. Did you shut down your background programs/services as requested? Your page file is the same size which denotes that you have the same amount of background programs/services running as before.

Customer 11/19/2008 08:31 AM
i sent the DXDIAG already, i tried everything you told me and still get the DVD error message

Response (Thien Nguyen) 11/18/2008 10:17 PM

You may have conflicting programs running in the background, shutdown your background programs using the following procedure:

Windows will have some programs pre loading without prompting you. You can use the system configuration utility in Windows XP and Windows Vista to tell windows not to pre-load these background programs that can interfere with the game.

1. Go to your start button and select RUN and in the box labeled OPEN type MSCONFIG and press the OK button. (Windows Key + R brings up the box)
2. Click on the tab that reads SERVICES
3. Check the box that reads "Hide all Microsoft Services"
4. Click on the button that reads "DISABLE ALL"
5. Now click on the tab that reads START UP.
6. Click on the button the reads "DISABLE ALL" and press the OK button. Windows will prompt you to restart the system.
7. Once windows restarts then you may get a message that the SELECTIVE STARTUP has been used.
8. Just close the message box. Now try the game.

Make sure that you do not disable PunkBuster as PunkBuster is required on most online servers. Do you have any other non-SCSI dvd drives that you can test the game on? If the issue persists for you, please send us an updated dxdiag file of your system.

Customer 11/18/2008 02:07 PM
Here is the DxDIAG

Customer 11/18/2008 10:41 AM
Hi, I uninstalled the Beta version of the game and tried the instalation agaion and it worked without any problems, however i manage to get in to the MP mode but everytime i click on the icon to access the game ask for the DVD. i read the forums and I already did the steps shown in there (hold shift while loading the disc, drivers updated, etc) bu i still cant load the Solo/co-op game.

any ideas?

Response (CS Admin) 11/18/2008 12:34 AM
Hello,

Thanks for contacting us here at Activision. Due to heavy volume, we are sending you this initial response so that our reps will have needed information about your PC system to help troubleshoot your issue. Please do the following:

1) Press Windows key + r on your keyboard
2) In the Run box type: dxdiag
3) Click the OK button.
4) DirectX Diagnostic Tool will open, click the Save All Information button at the bottom.
5) Save the dxdiag.txt file to your desktop. NOTE: Skip to step 10 if you are already logged in to your Activision account

6) Login to your account at http://activision.custhelp.com.
7) Click My Stuff and then click Questions.
Cool Find your current incident and click on it under the Subject column.
9) Click Update Question.

10) Under "Attach Additional Documents to Question" you will see a Browse button. Click that and browse your computer for the Dxdiag on your desktop. When you locate the file, double click on it.
11) Once the file appears as attached, you can now enter any additional information about your Incident in the "Results and/or Additional Information" field.
12) Click "Submit Update to Question" to send the Dxdiag

Please note that if you have already attached a Dxdiag to your initial inquiry, you do not need to attach a second one at this time. However, please update the incident stating that a Dxdiag is already attached.

Also, please do NOT create a new incident for your Dxdiag file. Creating duplicate incidents will slow down our ability to respond in a timely manner.

Lastly, if your issue is multiplayer related, please include your type of connection, along with any firewalls or router connections you may be using.

A CS rep will be assisting you shortly.

Customer 11/17/2008 06:46 PM
When i tried to install the game almost at the end of the progress bar i got this message:
"error 1906.Failed to cache package c:\windows\installer\17bf9e9b.msi. error: -2147286775.contact your support personnel."
hit retry or cancel.

retry doesn't help. and cancel goes to another windows that pops up that says: error: -1603.

Posted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:28 am
lol

Posted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:19 pm
I tried that and in the cmd screen shows system error 5 ocurred. acces is denied

Posted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:50 pm
I am the admin, I even created a new admin profile with the same result, dvd-rom error. also i turned off the UAC and the norton AV went crazy so i turned on again. i will turn it off again and try it again.

will see, activision still hasnt worked it out, Killerbees suggested to change the dvd but i will wait for that last resort.

Posted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:30 am
I turned off UAC, and same sh!t. you can see the DVD drive starting to read, then stops, and a few secs later the error message, pops up

Posted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:12 am
sounds like a conflict between the game and DVD drive or or maybe even motherboard because you had said it shows they are ide and not sata.

*I came, I saw, I conquered!*
*BK* Member since 2004
Posted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:38 am
all of my drives are sata and dsdiag and sysinfo shows them as scsi. maybe theres something there going on.

Posted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:33 pm
i just did, still not working

Posted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:22 am
this its part deux:

Response (Kirk McNesby) 12/05/2008 05:38 PM
Hi,

There are three possibilities at this point:

-Something about your dvd drive can't read the disc properly. We've already checked for a firmware update so that is out, the only option here is replacing the drive. If you know someone else with a drive you could borrow and try in your system you may want to.
-You had at some point in the past some sort of emulation software which left some remnants around. A free registry cleaner (check online) should be able to clear this up
-Beyond that something else inside Windows is preventing the game from launching properly. It's probably some half installed software somewhere, but I have no idea what or where it could be. The only fix for this issue is going to be reinstalling Windows.

Customer 12/05/2008 04:43 PM
Sony voice editor is unistaleed, tried to launch the game and still no result, the drive starts to read the disc, stops and the error message pops up

Response (Kirk McNesby) 12/05/2008 11:00 AM
Hi,

Try removing the Sony Digital Voice Editor from your system (assuming you can reinstall it that is). I can't guarantee that has emulation software in it, but there is a good chance it does.

Customer 12/05/2008 10:58 AM
same error. wrong dvd-rom inserted ...."

Response (Kirk McNesby) 12/05/2008 10:54 AM
Hi,

Are you still getting the errors when you start the game? Are they the same or different?

Customer 12/04/2008 07:47 PM
I disabled it, tried on both profiles with the same result. not launching

Response (Kirk McNesby) 12/03/2008 01:53 PM
Hi,

Do you have User Account Control enabled or disabled? If you aren't sure open up the user accounts tool in the control panel. Select the new admin profile and select "Turn User Account Control on or off". If it is enabled try unclicking the check box from within here then hit ok and log out and back into this account.

Customer 12/03/2008 01:23 PM
I uninstalled, created a new admin profile, re installed and got the same error

Response (Kirk McNesby) 12/03/2008 11:46 AM
Hi,

If there were a concrete solution to this issue we'd have given it to you in the first two emails. Since there isn't we need to troubleshoot which is a process, sometimes a long and involved one.