Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:10 am
Snap71 View latest post
Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:51 am
Luke View latest post
Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:42 pm
Natb1 View latest post

Merry Christmas My Brothers and Sisters

Posted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:31 pm
I just posted this in our Public CHat Section of our forums as the Co's Chhristmas Message. I felt it appropriate to share it with all of our loved ones, as their is no stronger love than that shared between family and Great Friends!

Quote:

One more Christmas Season! Thank you Lord for giving me the opportunity to share and enjoy it one more time. As I grow older I appreciate this Season more and more. It has always been the only Holiday that means anything to me. It's not just that I realize my time here is limited, it's that my age grants me a powerful and wonderful gift, the gift of Wisdom. Wisdom is a learning experience, and I have been blessed with many experiences. The most poiniant and prominent are those garnered while serving as a Police Officer. There were many incidents that tried my very essence, shook my entire body and senses, and racked my brain with agony, despair, anger, and compassion. I got to experience the best and the worst of humanity and it honed my senses to sharp and vivid extremes. Sometimes the pain and suffering could be overwhelming, but because you wore that blue uniform with the unseen big red S on the front, you soldiered on, silently, crushing the agony deep within the dark cold recesses of your mind, heart and soul.

Then would come Christmas, creeping up like an ointment that cleansed and soothed the soul. There was a very palpable difference in the entire world in which I existed. Soft fluffy snow falling from the heavens have, at least for me, been a sign from God that all was going to be well. The purity and the white freshness that covered the grime and filth left by humanity, buried the stench of uncaring and uncivilized autrocities committed by the highest on the food chain, gave a new birth of hope. The air echoed with the joyous strains of the Christmas carols being piped oitside every mall, and people were especially polite and caring in this new white world that existed each Christmas season as they bustled about seeking those special gifts for loved ones. Even the homeless were treated with respect and given gifts of blankets or food by truly loving individuals. After the traffic of the last minute shoppers, the streets would empty, and I'd be left with just this beautiful message from God settling over everything He had created. You could not only feel it, but you could see the true peace descending over the earth; the brightly coloured and festive lights twinkling on every house, the people inside their homes, with their trees lit up, laughing and enjoying themselves as they entertained family and friends just inside their picture windows. Christmas Eve! Then the true meaning of what Christ's birth means for everyone, truly settled in. I have never felt a more powerful thing, Peace and Love.

Love is strange emotion. It is misinterpretted constantly. We seem to strive our enitre lives trying to define it, and in doing so we miss it. It is the most powerful emotion we have. No wonder it is so confusing. But if we just let it happen, if we do not question it, genuine Love can really move mountains. Christmas is the one time in the year, where genuine Love does settle in on us all. Streets are emptied as people spend their day with loved ones. Love is shared with family and friends alike, shared with everyone. It matters not, race, creed or colour, it matters not what tags we wear, or what House, Clan, Squad we play in; Everyone is welcome, Everyone is special and appreciated. With that descending Love and Peace comes the real understanding of just how wonderfully perfect Humanityin it's purest form can be.

It is my wish and prayer for each of you reading this, that this Season will descend on you as I have seen it. May your Christmas be truly filled with people and humanity, may Love fill your hearts and minds, and May Peace Be Yours today and Always. From my heart to yours in Love!

Posted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 4:36 am
Thanks Grayhawk Merry Christmas!

GOA.Luke*BK*

Posted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 6:01 am
Same to you Luke!

Posted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 8:13 am
Merry Christmas Greyhawk, all your work and posts with the BK team is a blessing. I wish the very best for you and your family and friends during these holidays and well into the next year. Take care.                   Muja`de' *BK*