Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:54 pm
MaxwellSmart View latest post
Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:43 pm
Natb1 View latest post
Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:10 am
Snap71 View latest post

Headset

Posted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:51 pm
I found the problem.  Changed some settings in the BIOS and they are working fine now.  Thanks.

Posted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:22 am
Sounds great.

GOA.Luke*BK*

Posted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:26 am

REAL_UFANS wrote (View Post):

I bought the Fatal1ty set with the two plugs.  Mic works fine but no sound.  Running Windows 7 64.  When I go into test the sound nothing from the headset test but a faint sound on the speaker test.  What am I doing wrong?  Sound is turned to max, and I know I have them plugged into the correct port???

I did notice that when you look at the properties of the headset in the sound settings it says that its a front port when the port is located in the back.  When I look at the mic settings it shows the port in the back like it should be.  Is there a way to change how Windows sees the front and rear ports?

Onboard sound should read front and back as the same.  If it's a multi channel sound card try the other output jacks.  Also make sure the volume is turned up on the headset.

Posted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:58 am
XPS 730 came with a set of XPS Turtle Beach headphones best head set I ever had, highs, lows, tweeters and ya really can't hear your wife so ya cant get in trouble. I had her try mine on hurt her ears coarse im partially deaf from mill working around loud machines and rock and roll but she know im not lying so now she just pulls one side up if its important and hollers some expletives  Confused  hmmm mabe thats not a good thing (stay at work) Very Happy

Posted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:38 pm
On board did read front and back.  But the headphones was listed as front, but the speakers was listed as rear.  So when I set the headset as default no sound.  But in the bios I had options for Auto or HD sound, it was set to HD.  Changed this to auto and changed another setting to AC97 (I think thats what it was?).  Dont know if that was what fixed it but when I logged in the headset almost blew my ear drums, lol.  Got on and played a little bit last night and really liked the feel and sound of the headset.  Also like the fact you can remove the mic when not in use.  So far im giving it a thumbs up.

Posted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:54 pm

On board did read front and back.  But the headphones was listed as front, but the speakers was listed as rear.  So when I set the headset as default no sound.  But in the bios I had options for Auto or HD sound, it was set to HD.  Changed this to auto and changed another setting to AC97 (I think thats what it was?).  Dont know if that was what fixed it but when I logged in the headset almost blew my ear drums, lol.  Got on and played a little bit last night and really liked the feel and sound of the headset.  Also like the fact you can remove the mic when not in use.  So far im giving it a thumbs up.

Yeah I can wear these things all day without any pain at all.  They sound great too.  Just be careful with the mic, if you are not paying attention you can pull it out just enough to break the connection then sit there on ts talking for an hour without realizing nothing is going through.

Posted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:37 pm

tet wrote (View Post):

Yeah I can wear these things all day without any pain at all.  They sound great too.  Just be careful with the mic, if you are not paying attention you can pull it out just enough to break the connection then sit there on ts talking for an hour without realizing nothing is going through.

+1
Most comfortable headphones I've ever worn and I use to dj!!!