Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:54 pm
MaxwellSmart View latest post
Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:43 pm
Natb1 View latest post
Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:10 am
Snap71 View latest post

Had to switch screen names.

Posted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:48 pm
Hey all.  This is "the player formerly known as Ravepupy-BK-".  Due to the loss/theft of my laptop and copy of W@W in Chicago recently, I've had to replace all of my gear.  I tried to contact Activision to see if it was possible to replace my disk but I never even got a response from them.  After consulting with many people I have found that the only way to get back on my favorite game is to re-purchase a new copy and go from there.  When I started to set the game up I also discovered that I cannot use my original player name "Ravepupy-BK- because I've already used that name and somewhere it's stored somewhere by someone on something - kind of like an e-mail address.  SO, to rectify the situation I've simply begun playing under a new moniker - Snorri-BK-.  I've already run through a rank-up server to get my standard weapons back into play so I'm not stuck trudging through game after game trying to fight off the likes of Stingray, Lorien, Boostam and many many others with a sub-par arsenal.  I'm happy to say that I've installed all of the required mods and patches and last nights trial run was a very enjoyable success.  I look forward to facing off against you all once again as time goes by.
 As far as what I'm running now, well of course I upgraded.  I'm now running an HP DV8T laptop with a HUGE 18.4" 1080p HD screen powered with an I7-Q720 quad core processor, 4GB of RAM, an InVidia GeForce GT 230M card with a full 1GB of memory and a spiffy new Logitech G500 mouse.  Based on the initial kills per game I've got to say that I'm really impressed and am certain that these numbers should go up once I shake the rust off from my several week absence.  See you on the battlefield.

Steven

Posted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:09 pm
Thanks for the heads up.

GOA.Luke*BK*

Posted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:48 pm
I feel for you buddy went through the same thing, I lost my product key and had to start all over with a new player name and copy of game. I suffered through ranking up the normal way. took about two weeks to get back to 65.

Sounds like a nice rig you purchased, how much did it set you back if I may ask?

CYA on the battlefield mate

Posted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:14 am
The laptop itself only ran me $1099 on eBay.  No sales tax and free shipping to boot.  Ordered it last Sunday, it shipped from Houston, TX on Monday and I got it Thursday.  It also has 820GB of hard drive room.  The beauty of the larger laptop is that it can actually fit 2 separate drives internally so I can always switch them out later for something larger if needed.  It also has a built in WiFi N reciever, webcam, full size keyboard with number pad, figerprint reader for security/password entry and a slot in front that accepts most common memory cards for digital cameras etc.  All in all, a pretty cool machine.

Posted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:17 am

Ravepuppie wrote (View Post):

Hey all.  This is "the player formerly known as Ravepupy-BK-".  Due to the loss/theft of my laptop and copy of W@W in Chicago recently, I've had to replace all of my gear.  I tried to contact Activision to see if it was possible to replace my disk but I never even got a response from them.  After consulting with many people I have found that the only way to get back on my favorite game is to re-purchase a new copy and go from there.  When I started to set the game up I also discovered that I cannot use my original player name "Ravepupy-BK- because I've already used that name and somewhere it's stored somewhere by someone on something - kind of like an e-mail address.  SO, to rectify the situation I've simply begun playing under a new moniker - Snorri-BK-.  I've already run through a rank-up server to get my standard weapons back into play so I'm not stuck trudging through game after game trying to fight off the likes of Stingray, Lorien, Boostam and many many others with a sub-par arsenal.  I'm happy to say that I've installed all of the required mods and patches and last nights trial run was a very enjoyable success.  I look forward to facing off against you all once again as time goes by.
 As far as what I'm running now, well of course I upgraded.  I'm now running an HP DV8T laptop with a HUGE 18.4" 1080p HD screen powered with an I7-Q720 quad core processor, 4GB of RAM, an InVidia GeForce GT 230M card with a full 1GB of memory and a spiffy new Logitech G500 mouse.  Based on the initial kills per game I've got to say that I'm really impressed and am certain that these numbers should go up once I shake the rust off from my several week absence.  See you on the battlefield.

Steven

I wish you would have told us what happened first.  I have an unused copy of World at War I could have given you.

Posted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:44 pm
Thanks Tet, I appreciate the offer but it wasn't too bad of a hit.  With all the new games like BCBF2 coming out, W@W has dropped to only $30.  A steal in my opinion given the amount of fun to be had.

Posted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:52 pm
I still think it needs to be around $19 before we will see a lot of new players.

GOA.Luke*BK*