Mon May 06, 2024 12:30 am
Luke View latest post
Wed May 01, 2024 7:50 pm
Snap71 View latest post
Wed May 01, 2024 12:38 am
Natb1 View latest post

Arma 2

Posted: Thu May 13, 2010 2:47 pm
Ok so...I bought arma2 a little while back, mebe a few months now...
And like, everything installed fine yadda yadda but I cant get my key bindings to work right.
Like, zoom is bound to right click and I use right click to walk with.
I know its weird but whatever, its how i always have played FPS.
Anyone got a clue as to how I can change that?
I asked on the arma forums but no one responded to me Sad(

Posted: Thu May 13, 2010 2:55 pm
isn't it in the control options?

___________Fireteam Zulu | Graphics Team Leader | SFC____________

Posted: Thu May 13, 2010 3:17 pm
yeah but it wont let me change it.
wasnt sure if mebe i had to do something in a settings file er summin like that.

Operation FP was the shizzle for a long time with me, but on there I could set all my keys the way I wanted.

Just curious, been a waste of 20 bucks for me since I bought it and dont play it...yes im that picky bout controls! lol

Posted: Thu May 13, 2010 5:41 pm
well I'm not entirely sure... I know I was able to change some controls when I played it. I do not currently have it installed however.

___________Fireteam Zulu | Graphics Team Leader | SFC____________

Posted: Thu May 13, 2010 9:39 pm
Yeah I dont even have it installed anymore lol
Was going to install it but wanted to know if I could get passed that lil problem 1st before I did.
Was bored, wanted summin else to play.....finally finished F.E.A.R. 2 and was disappointed by then ending Sad

Posted: Fri May 14, 2010 2:07 pm
Sad
No one knows?

this game looks so coooooool

Posted: Fri May 14, 2010 2:08 pm
bah the video didnt work, anywhoz...check it out on youtube...

Posted: Fri May 14, 2010 3:01 pm
Was looking at ARMA 2 yesterday and the upcoming stand alone expansion.  It sure looks nice.  What is the fan base for the game like?  Are there a lot of people/servers out there for this game?

SMACKY - MOLON LABE
Posted: Fri May 14, 2010 4:25 pm
woohoo!
finally got my key settings to work lol
wasnt that complicated after all....just a bit confsuing as there are SO many keys for SO many things Surprised
Anywhoz, games a little weak on graphics, definitly not to be compared to BFBC2 or MW2 but I like the GIANT OPEN maps and the map editor is freakin awsome!
bout the same as Operation FP's editor but better!

Dont really dig the single player as I didnt with OFP and never got into the multi with OFP either, kinda like making my own missions or just fart around with the editor.

Not sure what the fan-base for it is yet, ill have to check it out...lol trying to get a feel for the game before I go on a "noob" rampage in a server thats full of "pros".

I'll keep ya posted Very Happy

Posted: Fri May 14, 2010 4:29 pm
I played ARMA II for a while. Some of the binds can be changed, but it is involved. I can't do it, but guys that I played with could, and do other things like change their uniform, and other things like that. Far as game play, it rocks. For example, when wounded, depending on where your hit, you can lose the ability to hold a rifle or pistol steady, or if hit in the leg, you may not be able to walk. You can call in arty, but another player must have the artillery piece in order to fire it. You can call in a air strike, but a player has to be in the plane flying around. If you need a tank, humvee, or APC pieces, you can call in a drop, don't remember the specifics of it though.  However, if you die, you can spawn at a drop point where you parachute into the zone, or spawn on a APC, if I remember right. Or you can spawn at the main base, and drive various mobile vehicles to the op area. This is cool, but you may have to drive anywhere from 5 kilometers to 30 or 40 clicks, and it takes a while, sometimes, and you can encounter enemy squads along the way too.
On the down side, graphics are not bad, but not that great either.
Clock is real time. you can heal as a medic, but it is done with a medic tent that is set up, and so forth. Great team game.
All in all, ARMA II is the most realistic game play I have run across.