Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:51 am
Luke View latest post
Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:42 pm
Natb1 View latest post
Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:33 pm
Luke View latest post

In need of assistance

Posted: Fri May 21, 2010 6:09 am
Hi guys. Been awhile since I have been on and I apologize for that. Computer can't handle BF:BC2 and COD:WaW has lost it's hold on me. Recently I have been playing MW2 when I have not been working (WOOT for the new job!) But just a couple days ago I went to start up my game and got a console message with this long list of stuff and then at the very bottom it said "Cheat Detected".

I thought it was a joke at first, that something went wrong with the game loading at least or something. So I checked Steam in the settings and got this message:

VAC Status: Banned from some secure servers because of a cheating infraction.

I immediately contacted Steam and got a message back:

Hello,

A staff member has replied to your question:

Hello Nathan, Thank you for contacting Steam Support. Our system indicates that this account has been permanently banned by the Valve Anti-Cheat (VAC) from Modern Warfare 2 Multiplayer for use of cheats or other unauthorized modifications to the game (such as a console unlocker, etc.). We will not disclose the cheats which were detected, nor will we provide the date and time the infraction took place. I have confirmed that the ban on the account was applied legitimately and it cannot be removed. This ban does not affect other titles on the account. The account may still be used to play the single-player campaign and Spec Ops missions. We cannot move game subscriptions from accounts which have been banned by VAC. If you choose to purchase a new copy of this game, please create a new Steam account to register the game to. Remove all cheats from your system before you install (if you do not know where the cheats were installed, you may want to consider reformatting the machine and starting over with a new installation of your operating system). For more information on Valve's policies, please see the Steam Subscriber Agreement and the Rules of Steam Online Conduct: Steam Subscriber Agreement http://steampowered.com/index.php?area=subscriber_agreement Rules of Steam Online Conduct http://steampowered.com/index.php?area=online_conduct Valve Anti-Cheat System (VAC) https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7849-RADZ-6869

Maybe it's just me, but it's hard to prove one's innocence when we aren't told what evidence they have for charging us. How can I disprove that I don't have something I never had without knowing what I was never supposed to have in the first place. Most of you have known me for almost a year now, some even longer, so you know this isn't something that I do or condone anyone else doing for that matter. If anyone would be willing to send in a letter to Steam asking them to either review the matter or help re-instate my account, I would greatly appreciate it.

Hope to see you soon, BK!

J_Marley

Posted: Fri May 21, 2010 6:19 am
If you go on the IW forums a lot of people where banned for hacking who did nothing. There really is nothing you can do but buy a new game. (I do like how they ask you to buy a new copy of the game in the email. Now that is a plan addict them to the game ban them and force them to buy a new copy... I wonder if BK could learn form that...)

What I recommend is saving up for a new PC so you can play the new COD latter this year (it will have dedicated servers) and maybe try out BFBC2. I really wish I could help more.

GOA.Luke*BK*

Posted: Fri May 21, 2010 1:33 pm
I'm gonna second Luke's suggestion, Marley.  BC2 is an amazing jump up from MW2, and I played MW2 religiously.  Yet, as soon as I played BC2 for a day, I deleted MW2 off my system.  What does your current system look like?  We have enough computer-building geeks here that I'm sure we can come up with a couple of cheap upgrades for you that would allow you to jump back into the BK fold.

Hope to see you soon, buddy
SSG.Braxis*BK*

Posted: Fri May 21, 2010 6:56 pm
I had the beta of BC2, but it lagged so much that it would tell me I was dead a full 3-4 seconds before I saw myself get killed. I wrote EA (since I purchased it directly from them) and they were kind enough not to charge me for the game since I couldn't play it.

As far as my system? Yikes! I'm sure it needs a bit of updating, but here is what I currently have:

Motherboard: AsRock 939Dual-SATA2 (http://www.asrock.com/mb/overview.asp?Model=939Dual-SATA2)

CPU: AMD 3200+ running at 2.2 GHz

RAM: 3 GB DDR400

Video Card: EVGA e-GeForce 8600 GT (http://www.evga.com/products/pdf/512-P2-N756-LR.pdf)

Power Supply: NZXT 450W

HD:  250GB x2

Wireless: N-Draft Dual (linksys)

One thing the Motherboard can handle is something called a CPU future port. It's an extra slot that allows me to upgrade the board to an AM2 with DDR2 memory without having to reconfigure anything (check out the MB link at the top). of course, that would require a new CPU and RAM, but probably less than building a whole new system.

Posted: Sat May 22, 2010 5:36 am
hmmm, well, i'd say that if you can get your hands on one of the socket converters, do it.  

here's an AMD athlon @ 3.0 GHz - $60.00
Newegg - processor

here's the heatsink to go with it. (make sure it will fit in your case...) - $20.00
newegg - heatsink

and here's the memory, 2GB DDR2 - $50.00
newegg - memory

that should give you a marked difference, for $130 plus S&H

however, i would suggest that if you can, spring an extra bit for a new MoBo with an AM3 socket, and a corresponding processor.

here's a board for $50.00
newegg - AM3 MoBo

and the AM3 socket processor - Athlon 2 - $65.00
newegg - AM3 processor

Hope this helps, any questions, hit me up.
SSG.Braxis*BK*