Luke View latest post
Wed May 01, 2024 7:50 pm
Snap71 View latest post
Wed May 01, 2024 12:38 am
Natb1 View latest post

Call of Duty: Black Ops...What We Know So Far

Posted: Fri May 28, 2010 7:02 pm
Campaign Information

* The trailer released on May 18, 2010, which indicated that the game will have a story stressing the fine lines between good and evil, as well as a greater amount of story featuring the Vietnam War than previously suspected. They have also said that Black Ops will feature considerably more stealth than any previous entries in the Call of Duty series.
   * Vietnam, Cuba, the Arctic, Laos and Russia have been confirmed as locations in the game.
   * Beyond the single-player story, the game will have a cooperative mode for two to four players and an online multiplayer mode. As for the story, players will see it story unfold from the point of view of at least two main characters in multiple covert international conflicts. “Our writers are focused on telling an epic story,” Lamia says. “You will see the evolution of some of these characters through time and the conflict.”
   * During the Cold War, Lamia says, “there were these black operations, these deniable conflicts, there was unconventional warfare that occurred. Uunderneath the surface of this cold war, there was this hot war and it was taking place between the superpowers. This is not Russia of today, this is the Soviet Union of that period, whose leaders would say, we will bury you. But under the threat of mutually assured destruction, these conflicts never could go hot. So they put together these black operations to carry out conflicts.
   * Research for the game included consultations with Maj. John Plaster, a veteran of the Studies and Observations Group (SOG), a multi-force black operations unit led by the Central Intelligence Agency during the Vietnam War. (He also wrote the book SOG: The Secret Wars of America’s Commandos in Vietnam).

Multiplayer Information

* Vehicles will return, but they will be very different than those in Call of Duty: World at War.
   * There will be a dedicated co-op campaign, supporting up to four players, which will use different levels to singleplayer campaign.
   * There is going to be a "Barebones" playlist which removes things like perks, attachments, killstreaks, etc.
   * Some campaign levels will be based off of multiplayer maps instead of the typical vice-versa. This is because some multiplayer maps were made before the campaign was finalized.
   * Create-a-Class 2.0 will allow players to customize their appearance in addition to their loadout.
   * The customized killstreaks will return, but the game-ending Tactical Nuke will not. Kills earned from killstreak rewards will not count towards increasing a player's killstreak.
   * The PC version of the game will feature dedicated servers.
   * The Lean feature will return to PC gameplay
   * Treyarch has been working on the MP for this title since day one, which translates into roughly double the amount of time they had for World at War.

Posted: Fri May 28, 2010 7:06 pm
oooooooooooooh appearance changing...

Posted: Fri May 28, 2010 7:22 pm
I'm glad to see they are doing something different... about dang time...

___________Fireteam Zulu | Graphics Team Leader | SFC____________

Posted: Fri May 28, 2010 7:23 pm
I'm starting to be come very excited about this game!

GOA.Luke8BK*

Posted: Fri May 28, 2010 7:49 pm
Me too. A bit. Not very. Very would be an understatement leading to a probable big dissapointment

Posted: Fri May 28, 2010 9:50 pm
Im just saying that the Barebones mode is going to be sick, finally a mode to bring back the old feel of CoDUO and CoD2, non of this add on crap.

Posted: Fri May 28, 2010 10:03 pm
Oh my, Killin the old fashioned way,(UP CLOSE & PERSONAL) Twisted Evil

Posted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:47 pm
Do we know for a fact that this is comeing out for PC the same time as it does for xbox and ps3. Is it comeing out for PC at all?

Posted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:53 am
So by change your appearance that means for Sinister there will be clown options. Lke big feet vs a red bulbous nose or a real smalll car that wll fit about 80 little clowns that come roarng into combat dueax a machina. The polka dot sleeper wll be hard to hard in combat.

Posted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:46 am
sweet I've been waiting for them to put an appearance changer in there.

___________Fireteam Zulu | Graphics Team Leader | SFC____________

Posted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:52 am
Hello all, I play on the cod:waw servers if u didnt know already.

Does anyone know the system requirements for this game?

Also will the server you run be tactical style like the waw servers?

Thanks for your time...

X

Posted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:22 am
Treyarch has not yet released details for the minimum requirements. And as to the style, I would imagine that a game such as Black Ops, like that of Battlefield Bad Company 2, does not figure well with a crouch style of game play. That's just my thought, but who knows!

Posted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:53 pm
Seen how its running the same engine; The requirements will be something similar to W@W.

Its going to be a console port just how much of a console port? The world will never know..... lol

Meh; wheres the bad section about the game?

New Siggy; What do you think?
Posted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:25 pm
i'm for making a name in this upcomer. i hope squads and teamwork will play a big part in everything.

-AuTo

Posted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:43 pm

NEMATODE wrote (View Post):

So by change your appearance that means for Sinister there will be clown options. Lke big feet vs a red bulbous nose or a real smalll car that wll fit about 80 little clowns that come roarng into combat dueax a machina. The polka dot sleeper wll be hard to hard in combat.

Rofl......

CPU: Intel Core i7 960  @ 3.20Gz
Motherboard: ASUS Rampage Gene lll
GPU: Asus 6950 2Gb
RAM: 6Gb
HD: Corsair F-120Gb SSD+ WD 1Tb Black.
Case: HAF-X Big tower.