Wed May 01, 2024 7:50 pm
Snap71 View latest post
Wed May 01, 2024 12:38 am
Natb1 View latest post
Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:54 pm
MaxwellSmart View latest post

Tips & Tricks

Posted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:19 pm
I thought I would right down some of my tips & tricks - but I was hoping to create a good thread with other player's ideas.

MP40 Tip/Tricks

MP40 Gun - I tend to use the MP40 almost all the time. Here are the reasons.
1. It is a one-shot kill across the entire map (body shot) - if they don't have juggernot on - most people don't juggernot.
2. The silencer does NOT affect this and thus allows you to shoot silently.
3. It allows you to move quicker than other weapons.
4. It can be used in bursts in CQB.

The trick to the MP40 is firing off the single shot. It is a dead-on-aim and for a single shot it does enough damage to take a player out clear across the map. It does take lots of practice to fire off one shot at a time, but once you get use to it - you don't have to worry about hosing down the player with bullets - with the typical "spray-n-pray" method many use with SMGs. Most people don't like the MP40 because of the big kick and thus "spray-n-pray" is a massive scatter shot. The other SMGs are better for the "spray-n-pray". I find the MP40 less of an SMG and more of a SBR because of the accuracy and power.

I usually team this up with Stopping Power and Deep Impact.

Fast:  Since we can't run, being able to move fast is important and the MP40 lets you do that.

Snipe: You can also snipe across the map with it - using open sights. This is hard because you have to get your eyes use to long distance movement. Most snipers don't know how to stay still.  Single shots - remember.

Ninja: I like to add the silencer because I have noticed on more than one occasion coming upon multiple contacts and being able to take them all out without them hearing me fire. This is usually when I hit a streak - I get behind enemy lines and can start taking them out and they don't even hear me.

I am certainly not a great player - but I have noticed an improvement in my score as well as my K/D ratio and streaks when playing with the MP40 using these tactics, tricks, and tips.

Please share your tips & tricks...

Posted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:03 pm
I haven't tried SteadyAim and Hip Firing - but I think I will start working on that next.
I personally don't think double-tap for the MP40 is a good idea in hard core. The gun kicks to much and with stopping power being a one-shot kill, double-tap seems like an ammo waster for this weapon.

Posted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:56 pm
the good thing in cod waw is ...every weapon is good....you just needs aim and a bit intelligence.
ah je and the lean left / right button.^^

every single weapon is good ,it depnds on your play style.
you like it to spray'n pray? choose PPsh -big magazine perk1 more bullets  perk2 more bullet power
perk3 steady aim.

you like a rifle? (they all can kill with one shot ,head shot^^)
M1 i don't like the blowback but this gun is perfect as sniper rifle.

press x button to see your team on the map.....then you'll know where the enemy is.
cook your nades long enough...most ppl don't do it good. that's why i using tossback. (really funny)
silencer is a good idea if you are able to sneak behind the enemy lines.
graphic settings -->max. to see every single pixel moving (sometimes i kill ppl. in the last corner on the  map ,bcuz i saw some movement of what ever)
blablabla

need better ping fps what ever?

at first ...screen refreshrate = fps !! v-sync on.....disable it to get more fps(you get maybe a tearing effect) ctr-monitor only.
tft-monitor have a maximum refreshrate of 75hz thus also only 75fps is indicated!!! when your netgraph indicate
120 fps, but your tft refreshrate is only 75hz ,then your maximum fps are 75!

the best is to get constant fps, play with the netsettings...
after this, limit yours fps ,for example : you look to the sky and get 150 fps
,when you look to the battlefield and get only 130fps ,then limit the fps to 125 (/com_maxfps 125)

some good netsettings : lowers your ping.

com_maxfps 71 + cl_maxpackets 72
com_maxfps 76 + cl_maxpackets 77
com_maxfps 125 + cl_maxpackets 63
com_maxfps 250 + cl_maxpackets 63 <----from this worth (250fps),you get kicked on some servers
com_maxfps 333 + cl_maxpackets 67       from PB .
                                                                when the server-cfg only allowed ,for example, 125fps

seta cl_maxpackets "30" // 30(public default cod5) 42 60(63 match) 100(default)