Snap71 View latest post
Wed May 01, 2024 12:38 am
Natb1 View latest post
Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:54 pm
MaxwellSmart View latest post

MOH vs. Battlefield

Posted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:20 pm
Hey all !  

How much different/better is MOH vs. Battlefield.  I'm wondering if I should get MOH or wait for COD: BO.  Thoughts ??  

Thanks for the help !

Posted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:53 pm
MOH is way better than BF....in MOH you stay can stay crouched, in BF you can't...neither MOH or BF have pron or lean that is a draw back to both., MOH objectives are way better (YOU PLANT CHARGES),  BF objectives are a box, more spawn killing in MOH, MOH MORTAR CALL IN SUCKS, BF CALL IN IS WAY BETTER, you can get the COMBAT SCOPE in MOH. IN BF you can't On a scale of 1-10 MOH is a 4, BF is a negative 2 to me. If they both had lean and prone MOH would be a 8, BF would be a 4.

Posted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:10 pm
Well I have only played the beta of MOH but going off what you are saying it sounds like I will wait until COD BO.  BF you can stay crouched, just alittle correction there.  I think haveing prone left out is a good thing. Helps keep the game play going, but lean would be nice.  All and all, I will stick with BF2 until COD BO comes out.  Wink

Posted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:16 pm
Grett, both games are completely different... you'll get people who say that MoH is WAY better, and then you'll get people who say it sucks. Personally, I love the game, but there is NO comparison to Bad Company 2.

My opinion is that the game is great, and I would highly recommend buying it. But if you're only going to buy one of the new games, you need to make sure which game will be better for you. MoH is quite different, and more fast paced than our version of the COD series. If you would rather play with crouch rules like our WaW server, I would suggest holding out until Black Ops comes out.

___________Fireteam Zulu | Graphics Team Leader | SFC____________

Posted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:30 pm

Quote:

MOH is way better than BF....in MOH you stay can stay crouched, in BF you can't...neither MOH or BF have pron or lean that is a draw back to both., MOH objectives are way better (YOU PLANT CHARGES),  BF objectives are a box, more spawn killing in MOH, MOH MORTAR CALL IN SUCKS, BF CALL IN IS WAY BETTER, you can get the COMBAT SCOPE in MOH. IN BF you can't On a scale of 1-10 MOH is a 4, BF is a negative 2 to me. If they both had lean and prone MOH would be a 8, BF would be a 4.

1. You CAN stay crouched
2. You also plant charges in BC2.... there called Mcoms...
3. By combat scope i suppose you mean the ACOG? You get it as an unlock just as you do in MOH

The reason prone was removed from the game was to prevent several things.

1. limit campers; While playing rush its already annoying enough to be setting the objective just to get sniped by a guy 5 miles away.

2. Glitching; Just like in W@W your character models would stick outside of places they shouldn't. Thus foot shot = death = unrealistic lalala. ( Dice simply didnt like the idea, neither do i )

It honestly sounds like you just got owned and stopped playing the game Smile 90% of people who nag about BC2 simply dont know how to play the game.

Ill stick to what i said in another post. MOH is just a dumbed down version of BC2 thats missing its destruction 2.0. Gameplay is a bit different but ends up getting boring quiet quickly. Even with BC2 having its limited number of maps each time you play its different. The game allows you to flank the objective while MOH for the most part limits your ability to a set path.

New Siggy; What do you think?
Posted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:41 pm
Hey guys don't start bashing the games now... Everybody's opinion is gonna be different, so there's no reason to say that BC2 sucks, or that MoH sucks.

Posted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:45 pm
I didnt bash either game Smile i just stated the truth lol

Posted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:50 pm
There are better ways to say it though. Razz

Posted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:05 pm
yea i suppose ^_^ but im not the greatest spokes person; lol

Posted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:17 am
If I had to sum it up with one sentence -->  MOH is a stripped down version of BFBC2.

"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle." -Abraham Lincoln
Posted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:52 am
Both games have pros and cons. Lean and prone would  be nice. There is plenty of camping in both games so i don't think they were left out for that reason. Only you can make the call of which game you will like better. There is a lot of miss information about both games out there. Buy both or only one of them. It is just like movie reviews you don't if you will like until you watch it no matter what the critics say about it.

Posted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:18 am
I have MOH & BC2...I just thing MOH is way better....should of saved my money when I bought BC2......let's just hope BO is better than MOH OR BC2

Posted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:44 am
WannaB, don't dog MOH b/c it owns you  Laughing We all know that BC2 is your baby.    

MOH is a good game as well, it's just different, as it should be.  I love BC2, in fact, I think it's the greatest multiplay of all time (ok, it was my first and only multiplay experience until MOH Laughing ).  After 18 game hours in MOH, I'm still forming an opinion and will post my thoughts when I think they will be value added to all.  In short, MOH is more realistic than BC2 in the sense that  a medic can't magical revive you and/or restore you to full health on the front lines.  Also, some Assualt class grunt can't replenish your ammo with his unlimited supply strapped on his hulking back.  In MOH you need to find ammo crates to resupply and if your wounded, too bad, keep fighting.  Makes you think more before your next move or action.  I find myself slowing down from BC2 mode, scanning ahead, plotting my next move. Enemies are harder to see in this game due to blending in better (unrealistically I think) with the background.  I think the blast radius of expolsives is unrealistic, prefer BC2, but again, this is the design intent to prevent people from launching blind gustavs, 40mm, and grenades in hopes of a cheap kill.

Hope this helps a bit Gretch, not a full review, but some quick impressions.  

Last edited by CapZac on Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Posted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:12 am
Hey Cap you do realize ive bought both games right? ^_^ i actually had MOH a day early due to shipping errors. Ive played through the single player version as well as played the multiplayer for almost 12 hours now. I think ive played enough to give a solid review of the game Smile Ive played through all the maps at least 3 times now.

Posted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:15 am
WannaB...
What about the single player ?

“ Carpe Diem Quam Minimum Credula Postero “

Last edited by RifleDan on Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:16 am; edited 1 time in total