Wed May 01, 2024 7:50 pm
Snap71 View latest post
Wed May 01, 2024 12:38 am
Natb1 View latest post

BlackOps Customizations

Posted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:51 am

Karow wrote (View Post):

Karow wrote (View Post):

How are you going to tell friend from foe. Sure there are tags but wonder if they lag like WaW

So no one can answer my question?

They'll probably have something like friendly tags that stay on the screen no matter what like MoH.

___________Fireteam Zulu | Graphics Team Leader | SFC____________

Posted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:19 am

WannaB wrote (View Post):

Atm we can't; it looks like its going to rely on the tags like all the older versions of the game.

In BC2 you can barely tell the difference between from one sniper to the other. Idk we shall have to see;

In BC2 and in field both.  If a sniper is doing his job, he'll look basically the same no matter who's flag he is doing it for.  Actually if he is doing his job, you wouldn't even know he is there.  TDM games are fun, that is basically all I ever play, but they lack any real direction like objective based gameplay.  Most of the time, in objective based play, if you see a shooter on the other side of the map, it is safe to assume that he is not a friend.  But in TDM, friends can be and are all over the map.  I've TK'ed quite a few "snipers" wearing a tree tux only to have them complain that I need to learn the uniforms.  To these aging eyes, all the snipers look like a bush walking around, really kinda funny on urban maps and even kind of a liability on some maps.  I don't use the camo perk, even though 95% of the time I play as a sharpshooter (I'm too fat to be a sniper any longer and I can't do a dis-service to the brotherhood to call myself one anymore.)

CAD

Edited to add:
I like the idea of the currency system that they are including in the game, where you can unlock the ability to purchase upgrades.  The only thing that I would like to see done with that is to have coins added for kills, but also coins deducted for deaths.  So if you got 50 kills in a game but also had 49 deaths, would only end up with a one kill credit.  But if you had only 15 kills in a game and likewise had only 5 deaths you would have a 10 kill credit.  Certain players usually get a large amount of kills but also have the lions share of deaths, this would slow them down and make them think before running into a room full of people, guns a blazin', and I think it would reign in the some of the run and gunners when a cautious player outscored them in almost every game.  

That is one of the things about FPS that I don't like, there is no cost for being a hero as there normally is in life.  It encourages a Rambo 'esque mindset in that you are constantly on the move regardless of position and force strength, tactically that will win a lot of battles, but that will also lose a lot of them too and in life you don't respawn.  If there was a cost for dying it wouldn't be this way in game.  Sure beats my idea for curtailing the run and gun style of play, and that being, "You buy the game at full price, install it and get it running, but when you finish with training against the AI in single player if you die, that's it your dead, you would have to go and buy the game at full price again to play anymore."  You would really have to stop and think about your style of play.

If you run, you will only die tired.
Ne Desit Virtus, Rakkassan (B Co. 1/187 Inf, 101st Abn Div.)