Luke View latest post
Wed May 01, 2024 7:50 pm
Snap71 View latest post
Wed May 01, 2024 12:38 am
Natb1 View latest post

Getting kicked

Posted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:00 pm
Hello,

For some reason, I have been kicked from Polite and Friendly Hardcore server for "running". I was warned a couple of times from what I assume was an admin who was at the time playing on the opposite team (could not spectate), even after I had tried to explain that I was walking with my sights up. I have been playing on that server consistently for a few days doing the same thing, using my SMG and/or pistol with no issues, however today I was kicked and now (could be an issue on my end) cannot reconnect to the server.

I really do enjoy playing on your server, and I understand how difficult it can be to enforce rules such as no running unless under fire/grenade etc, but I do hope that soon everyone can be on the same page, as to what is expected of the players on the server.

Thanks for your time, and I apologize if this comes across as a rant.

Sincerely

[RaP] Omerta

Posted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:15 am
Omerta,

First, thanks for playing on BK servers.  Other than this issue, I hope you've enjoyed the play?

Second, I'm not an admin, but I know first hand it's been very difficult adjusting to Black Ops.  It's difficult to distinguish sights-up SMG from walking unsighted without specing a player.  I've already had to issue a couple of apologies myself to players I've warned, only to realize they were doing just as you are.  You patience is appreciated, and hopefully we'll get this worked out soon.

Last, it might be best to submit a ticket to our admins.  You can do that through the Contact Us feature.  That way it will get to the appropriate person.

Hope to see you on the battlefield.

Posted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:33 am
Once the servers are up for awhile it will be a little easier to admin....Man I hope so...Played against you Omerta. BK admin won't kick you on a whim even if your owning em!! Laughing  Regardless of what team they are on.They are there, as  are all BK members, to enforce our rules and our style of game play. I'm sure you were warned (if only running) at least 2 times before action was taken. Thanks again for playing on our servers it's always fun to play against new players once they abide by the rules. Cool

Locate close with and destroy the enemy by fire and maneuver......
7th Engineers "C" CO.1stFSSG Camp Pendleton..ONCE..ALWAYS 86-92
Alpha Company 2nd BN 151st INF ARNG Indiana 11-15
Posted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:19 pm
Omerta if you will move crouched only you should have no problems.

Posted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:00 pm
I think the new, revised rules as of yesterday are moving while crouched only, correct? I think this will really cut down on the confusion. I almost never walk with sights up because I've gotten so used to crouching that I feel REALly exposed when I'm standing. I've noticed that in black ops- it really IS harder to tell if someone is walking sighted or just walking. The tell tale sign is in sound. If you can hear footsteps - it's bad. I've been on the servers a lot this weekend and the admins look like they are getting really tired of saying "crouch only when moving - or walk with sights up - or you can run under fire". Some people new to BK get confused and don't even know what "sights up" means.

Overall - the crouch only when moving change will make it easier to admin and will, hopefully, keep good players like Omerta (who I've played with before and always follows rules from what I've seen)  from getting kicked over a misunderstanding.

-Helen

Posted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:15 pm

PMOHHelenBACK wrote (View Post):

I think the new, revised rules as of yesterday are moving while crouched only, correct? I think this will really cut down on the confusion. I almost never walk with sights up because I've gotten so used to crouching that I feel REALly exposed when I'm standing. I've noticed that in black ops- it really IS harder to tell if someone is walking sighted or just walking. The tell tale sign is in sound. If you can hear footsteps - it's bad. I've been on the servers a lot this weekend and the admins look like they are getting really tired of saying "crouch only when moving - or walk with sights up - or you can run under fire". Some people new to BK get confused and don't even know what "sights up" means.

Overall - the crouch only when moving change will make it easier to admin and will, hopefully, keep good players like Omerta (who I've played with before and always follows rules from what I've seen)  from getting kicked over a misunderstanding.

-Helen

Sound doesn't help much in this game.  Ninja lets you move while standing completely silent.  However there is what I think is a bug with Ninja and you make noise while crouched.  Though that may just be on the users end and everybody else doesn't hear anything.