Mon May 06, 2024 12:30 am
Luke View latest post
Wed May 01, 2024 7:50 pm
Snap71 View latest post
Wed May 01, 2024 12:38 am
Natb1 View latest post

Admins

Posted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:23 am
I was on TS today with ya. I just want to say you are all doing a fine job trying to admin our servers. I realize some, if not most of you ,are missing out on your gameplay. I want to say a sincere thank you for the efforts you guys are making with enforcing the BK rules. Just listening ,as well as reporting rule breakers, you all acted in a professional manner in handling your assigned tasks. Thanks again and it's times like these that your efforts are truly making a difference. A side note to remember. When calling for a kick on TS,request an admin,say the server your on,and the players name and reason for kick. We have 5 servers now for Ops as well as WAW and BC2 going so it gets a little hectic to say the least!! Also admin kicks should have preference over all other "traffic" If you hear a call for admin give them the courtesy to talk over other banter. Cool

Locate close with and destroy the enemy by fire and maneuver......
7th Engineers "C" CO.1stFSSG Camp Pendleton..ONCE..ALWAYS 86-92
Alpha Company 2nd BN 151st INF ARNG Indiana 11-15

Last edited by 13Legion on Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Posted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:30 am
true words.....
all servers are very ggood and clean of bad ppl....
...but we need to keep an eye on the london server (is it server 4?) ,this is the hardest to keep this beast clean.
after 2 hours with only one other BK in there i was very bothered^^ (i typed warning every 20 sec.)

Posted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:47 am
I agree with you Herc. I finally got to get onto the server yesterday for a couple of hours and found it difficult to distinguish between runners and sighted walkers.
PS Sorry for all the TKs - haven't played long enough to distinguish uniforms yet. Hesitated too many time before opening fire.

Posted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:55 am
we dont allow walking with sights up now uchimata so I hope this helps you Smile and I agree with you all, its a tough job but we are all chippin in and keeping the BK way of life going strong!!! well done all and big thanks Smile

Posted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:54 pm
The efforts of the admins are much appreciated by me.  Your server control as motivated me to continue playing Black Ops.  Please continue to do this great job.

Posted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:22 pm
Agreed the admins do an excellent job, one of the reasons I decided to join.

"Do or do not there is no try!"
Posted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:22 pm
I actually had taken the last week off from work so I could enjoy and play Black Ops with my BK clan.

Of course, there were all sorts of issues with servers, etc. - which by the way, Luke had warned us about before the game was released - and the adminning I had to do was overwhelming at times, but overall, I had a blast last week playing 8-10 hours everyday with my BK friends.

Thanks Legion for recognizing the extra tasks and stress we admins had to deal with, but even with that, I enjoyed the game, enjoyed the chatter on TS, I wouldn't want to be on any oher clan than BK!

Posted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:02 pm
I think there are 3 types of people that don't follow server rules:
1. people who just don't know what a crouch server is or are unaware of the rules - they either try it and stay (like I did) or they leave (either quietly or with a big hissy fit about how idiotic it is)
2. people  who either know the rules or learn them shortly after arrival and continue to run around while either racking up huge kills or denigrating the admin. These folks usually don't last too long.
3. People who don't understand English and therefor are unaware of the rules.

I'm noticing that number three is actually a pretty common occurance for anyone in the US who plays in the afternoon/midday as we have a lot of french, german, spanish and dutch speakers as it is prime gaming time in Europe. To that end - maybe we can find someone who can translate common rule admonishments into these languages - like:
"please stop running"
"server rules: you must crouch to move ONLY"
"crouch or be kicked"

It might cut down on confusion with this group...

-Helen

Posted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:38 am

PMOHHelenBACK wrote (View Post):

I think there are 3 types of people that don't follow server rules:
I'm noticing that number three is actually a pretty common occurance for anyone in the US who plays in the afternoon/midday as we have a lot of french, german, spanish and dutch speakers as it is prime gaming time in Europe. To that end - maybe we can find someone who can translate common rule admonishments into these languages - like:
"please stop running"
"server rules: you must crouch to move ONLY"
"crouch or be kicked"

It might cut down on confusion with this group...

-Helen
          I'm not sure if this would be possible. People complain of spam with just the warning in English. Now add in a few other languages with the warnings..well you get the picture. I agree that some players don't understand English so they won't understand the warnings. I guess this is a "good" problem to have with all the players we have on our servers.....*BK* world wide...Feel our wrath!!! Cool These comments brought to you by someone who continually butchers the language on a daily basis and there are people out there who speak,read and write multiple languages!! Embarassed

Locate close with and destroy the enemy by fire and maneuver......
7th Engineers "C" CO.1stFSSG Camp Pendleton..ONCE..ALWAYS 86-92
Alpha Company 2nd BN 151st INF ARNG Indiana 11-15
Posted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:38 pm
Oh - I agree about the console running the languages on a continual loop. That would totally be obnoxious! I was only thinking of an incident the other day when a player was running non-stop and the admin asked them to stop. They said something in french - and kept running. If the admin could just be able to pull up a canned french warning, I guess it might have helped. You admins have enough on your hands without translation issues though!

It would be great if Treyarch had better server admin tools that allowed you to, say, customize the load in screen for maps so that the server rules could be posted there and the player would have time to see them while they waited for the map to load. I think we had this ability in MOH SH, no? If you could customize filters too - so you could stipulate that if a player ran for more that, say 10 seconds in a clip - they'd get a warning. Do it again and warning #2. Third time and kick with a helpful message on the kick screen telling them why they were kicked.

I'm just spitballing because I sympathize with the admins. They must barely get to play at times when it's foot race out there! As a regular visitor - I thank you from the bottom of my heart!

-Helen

Posted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:32 pm
Aw dont feel bad for us we get to play, but actually become targets...lol. We die ALOT, but then again
I probably woould die alot anyway. We do need a pay raise though say 20%, that would bring our pay from
0 to 0, yep I would feel better...Smile

Posted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:02 pm

PMOHHelenBACK wrote (View Post):

It would be great if Treyarch had better server admin tools that allowed you to, say, customize the load in screen for maps so that the server rules could be posted there and the player would have time to see them while they waited for the map to load.

That's a great idea... if you can find the right forum on the BO site, you should post that. Much more admin control (via new tools, etc.) is needed.