Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:54 pm
MaxwellSmart View latest post
Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:43 pm
Natb1 View latest post
Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:10 am
Snap71 View latest post

How to creat a macro/keybind for Logitech G13-G19 Keyboards

Posted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:12 pm
Ok, so I was asked to post this for all the Logitech G15, G13 and G19 keyboard users...

How to creat a macro/keybind for in game use.

This is what I do.....

Down by the clock, click on Logitech G-series Key Profiler.
Choose or create a Profile.

To Create a game profile:

go to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\call of duty black ops click on th BlackOpsMP as the Executibale.

Now I have the G13 and G15 so I have 3 modes, M1, M2, M3. M1 I use for my movement/game play. M2 I use for my macro's. Chose whatever one you want to use. Like I said, in my case I use M2, also, change the color for the display on the keyboard/keypad here, I chose Blue for in Game and the Orange for my Admin commands.. It makes it easier for when you go back to game and want to move and all of a sudden you throw a nade in your spawn....lol....

Choose the key you want to create the macro in. G1, Left click on the G1 (in the Logitech Profile software)if that's the one you want to use, then choose Assign Macro >> Create New Macro. Name the New Macro Lets choose Running. Now on the right hand side click on Start Recording, and type your message, when you are done, hit Stop Recording.

Be advised, if you want it to come up in a
different color you need to put it into the macro, you'll notice the ^ and a number in the beginning. I'll add the color macros at the end.

Since I do a lot of Team Killing I created my first one like this: you will need to input a delay in order for it to work properly in Black Ops. I'll add a symbol to show you where the delay I have goes. That sybol will be the * key. you don't need to put * in your macro, it's just for you to understand that there is a delay there.

G1: ^7Sorry for the Team-kill!
G2: ^2Please, * Stop running or walking  unsighted * and crouch
G3: ^2Last Warning! * Stop running or walking unsighted * and crouch.
G4: ^2Please watch your language,* we run a Polite & Friendly Server.  * Thanks!
G5: ^32Please don't use rifle nades for the first 30 seconds of match.

Again, the * represents a delay in the macro.
To do a delay, after you stop recording your macro, go to the place you want to macro to pause, and right click on that particular place and insert delay.
The G5 don't apply to Black Opps, but you get the general idea.

To test the Macros out of game, you can either hit profile >> Test Profile then hit your G key that you set up. I don't like this way, as it runs through it quickly. I open up a notepad and then test it there. Then I can see my spelling mistakes..lol

Colors:
1-Red
2-Green
3-Yellow
4-Blue
5-Baby Blue
6-Pink
7-White
8-Grey

Also, I actually use the Call of Duty World At War Profile, since it's basically the same game and controls, so you don't have to create a new one if you don't want.

Once you are in game, all you have to do is, hit your M1,M2 or M3 key, then the Team Speak key (T) for me, then the corresponding G key you want the message to say.

Any questions, ask me in Team Speak, PM me or email me....I'll reply as soon as I can.....

If you can't take the pain, maybe you shouldn't play!
Posted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:30 pm
Ok, I have heard some of you can't get this to work....make sure, when you are in game and you want to get your bind to work, you are hitting the M1,M2 or M3 keys before you try your binds.....think of it this way, you have G13, there are 22 keys, and 3 M (Mode) keys, this gives you 66 types of keybinds where as, M1 is 22, M2 is another 22 and M3 is yet another 22. If you have the OLD G15, that's 64 different keybinds...as for the new G15, I'm not too sure...maybe just 16 there..

Example: when i am moving around in game, I am in the M1 mode with the LCD Screen lite in blue all my G keys are for movement. When I want to use my keybinds, I hit the M2 (LCD Screen lite in orange) and then any G key I need to "Command Say" if you will...

Posted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:36 pm
WOW - Thanks very much.

I am going to try this tonight - very excited.

Did I mention I think the G13 ROCKS!

Now if I could only get my lag/stuttering in BlackOps to stop. I am amazed that I am able to keep my kill ratio above 1 as I skip and jerk across the map. I don't know how many times I have not been able to get the first shot off because of the sound-stuttering-lag issue.

I think I have a solultion for that - sorry didn't mean to digress..

Posted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:38 pm
Thanks for the great post!

GOA.Luke*BK*

Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:18 pm
Thank you hawkeye ! Very helpfull Very Happy x

Mini Yet Mighty !

In Omnia paratus

Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:42 pm

MiniPurple wrote (View Post):

Thank you hawkeye ! Very helpfull Very Happy x

Glad I could help...

Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:39 pm
I have a G510 and I have macros for in game regarding the punish/forgive system and acronyms counting as swears its pretty easy to set up you set it up as a text block and then make sure there's about a 5 millisecond delay or it comes out all jumbled up.

Here's a SS of the settings I use, in game I just hit "J" for all chat then G1/G2/G3 depending on the macro I want to use.

Oh and G510 has 18 "G" keys x 3 profiles. soooo, 56 possible.

Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:59 pm
Any ideas on how to get this to work for BF3? I tried it and all it will do is act like the number keys.  Sad

Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:07 pm
Thanks for the infromation. I just setup my G15.

Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:19 am
Well I just set one up, so we'll see how the new ones works. I already had my first 2 G keys set for Sorry and That's okay. Laughing

Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:59 pm
g15 quick profile

Some info here too, may still have the link to a preworked file

Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:00 pm
g15 quick profile

Some info here too, may still have the link to a preworked file