Mon May 06, 2024 12:30 am
Luke View latest post
Wed May 01, 2024 7:50 pm
Snap71 View latest post
Wed May 01, 2024 12:38 am
Natb1 View latest post

Killstreak Setups

Posted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:01 pm
Some members and pubbers ask me how I get so many helicopters in a row, I try to explain and it seems they don't really understand, so here is a picture of how my kill streaks are set up.

7 kills - Attack Helicopter (Cobra) - Computer Controlled
9 kills -  Chopper Gunner (Huey) - Self controlled
11 kills - Gunship - Self Controlled

If I reach a 7 kill streak, I don't usually use the kill streak reward until I'm dead, in hopes of getting an 11 kill streak, because only one ally chopper can fly in the airspace at any given time. So if I get to an 11 kill streak, you better be prepared because there will be 3 choppers one right after the other. The way the kill streaks are set up here really helps kdr stat padding, they easily give you between 10-30 kills.

Posted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:32 pm
You think swapping out for the CareBear package first, instead of the Cobra is wise? You can draw an Ace every now and then with those care packages.

Posted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:44 pm
It depends, I had that initially instead of the gunship, but I found myself getting high kill streaks pretty commonly, so instead of going for the care package and hoping for what I wanted, I just went with the sure fire thing, it really depends how well you do.

I wish you could setup different kill streak setups that you can switch between in game, because some maps, like nuke town, I have a hard time getting 7 straight kills, while maps like jungle, I find it easy to get large kill streaks.

Posted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:53 pm
I hear that.

Funny story, I had NO idea about kill strikes for sometime. I was just using the default with care packages. Anyway, I had my best Kill Steak yet - got the spy plane, then the care package, then the cobra. I was wondering when the Gunship came. I asked tet on TS and he said it was 8 or 9. I then kill 8 and nothing, then 9 and nothing. Eventually I am at 12 kill streak and still no gunship. Now I am getting frusterated, because tet is getting Gunships and I am getting none. When I hit 14 kill streak, I get back on TS and ask tet again is he sure, because I didn't get one. He said for me to check my kill streak load out - WHAT? I never bothered to look at it. After the game I logged off and saw that I could design my own kill streak load out. I ended up with my highest kill streak that game and didn't have the nice gunships or anything. Now if I could only repeat that.

I hear you on the maps - that Nuke town is a blast-fest and kind of hard to get more than 5 kill streak on it. I don't think I have ever gotten over 5 on that map.

However, jungle and a few others I can get well over 10.

I play when tet is usually playing and I can tell you he has figured out some great strategies to keep him on the move, low profile, and high streaks. He is constantly on the top of the leader board, I think I only beat him out once. tet needs to change his name to "Got Gunship?"

Posted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:05 pm
hahaha, yea, pretty fitting name, but yea, i like the way my setup is, go for the homerun and if i get it, watch out

Posted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:04 am

Silexx wrote (View Post):

I hear that.

Funny story, I had NO idea about kill strikes for sometime. I was just using the default with care packages. Anyway, I had my best Kill Steak yet - got the spy plane, then the care package, then the cobra. I was wondering when the Gunship came. I asked tet on TS and he said it was 8 or 9. I then kill 8 and nothing, then 9 and nothing. Eventually I am at 12 kill streak and still no gunship. Now I am getting frusterated, because tet is getting Gunships and I am getting none. When I hit 14 kill streak, I get back on TS and ask tet again is he sure, because I didn't get one. He said for me to check my kill streak load out - WHAT? I never bothered to look at it. After the game I logged off and saw that I could design my own kill streak load out. I ended up with my highest kill streak that game and didn't have the nice gunships or anything. Now if I could only repeat that.

I hear you on the maps - that Nuke town is a blast-fest and kind of hard to get more than 5 kill streak on it. I don't think I have ever gotten over 5 on that map.

However, jungle and a few others I can get well over 10.

I play when tet is usually playing and I can tell you he has figured out some great strategies to keep him on the move, low profile, and high streaks. He is constantly on the top of the leader board, I think I only beat him out once. tet needs to change his name to "Got Gunship?"

Sorry I didn't explain myself better.  I've been sick lately.  Also, I thought you meant Chopper Gunner.  Anywho, I actually haven't been using Gunship at all in my Kill Streaks.  Just Spyplane, Attack helicopter, and Chopper Gunner.  Maybe I will switch to Strands way and see what happens.  I do tend to run it like Strand though, not using some rewards until after I die.

Posted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:09 pm
Personally, Im not a fan of the choppers, but I guess I'm a traditionalist. It juat always bothered me when someone would get a chopper in MW1 or 2 which would pad their scores to the point where they were beating me, even if I had been spanking them all game... lol, guess I'm just bitter.

Currently I'm using napalm strike, auto turret, and mortar strike. Gives me some nice midrange killstreak rewards, and they are all quick to deploy, so I can stay fighting.

SSG.Braxis*BK*

Posted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:15 pm

Braxis wrote (View Post):

Personally, Im not a fan of the choppers, but I guess I'm a traditionalist. It juat always bothered me when someone would get a chopper in MW1 or 2 which would pad their scores to the point where they were beating me, even if I had been spanking them all game... lol, guess I'm just bitter.

Currently I'm using napalm strike, auto turret, and mortar strike. Gives me some nice midrange killstreak rewards, and they are all quick to deploy, so I can stay fighting.

SSG.Braxis*BK*

I hate them too, that's why I always use ghost PRO, your undetectable from enemy helo's, I'm surprised more people don't use it to be honest.

Posted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:27 pm
tet, yeah - I meant chopper gunner.

My Cobra's are shot down pretty quickly.

Right now I am using SPY, Carebear gift box, and chopper gunner...

However, I might drop that gift box for some type of strike.

Posted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:43 pm
I would use Ghost pro but I can not find a turret to destroy Sad

Posted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:17 pm

MoneyMan wrote (View Post):

I would use Ghost pro but I can not find a turret to destroy Sad

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
i know it`s hard to find a friend in BK^^
but if you find one ,you can set up a privat server with just 2 players and start a match.....let your friend kill u 7 times.
let him place a turrent gun and destroy it...it will take 5 mins of your lifetime but well, it`s worth it!

Posted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:56 pm
Gunships ruin the game.  You can't game when they are around, think they were a mistake to add them.

Posted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:57 pm
i`ll do that 4 everyone who needs that .....i`m online in a few hours

Posted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:31 pm

Nam-Ranger wrote (View Post):

Gunships ruin the game.  You can't game when they are around, think they were a mistake to add them.

I have only seen the Gunships a handful of times in the game (maybe 3 times). It's the Huey door-gunners (with tet on that gun) that can really chew up the enemy. I seem them more frequent than the Gunships - probably every other game or so.

Of course you could Ghost-Pro yourself so you don't need to worry about it.

I actually don't like those darn hungry dogs - we need a "Dog Food" perk  - in which we can leave a can of dog food out somewhere so they go for that instead.

Posted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:09 pm
Silexx it is called "decoy".

Look it up, it is under tactical grenades. ;-P

Seriously, the dogs will go for the decoy grenades and will die when it explodes at the end.

Lol there is your dog food grenade, use it!