Mon May 06, 2024 12:30 am
Luke View latest post
Wed May 01, 2024 7:50 pm
Snap71 View latest post
Wed May 01, 2024 12:38 am
Natb1 View latest post

Slaya Graphics Gallery

Posted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:45 pm
These are only a few of the gallery as i'm due to finish the graphics website within the new year which will have all the graphics i've made on it. This is a few of what i've made in the past for some examples and a most recent one which i made just about 5 minutes ago.

Please comment and rate all tips are appreciated

Very old portrait picture i made about a month or 2 ago

Car sig made just 5 minutes ago

Version 2

Rest of the graphics

This is a banner i made for a radio station i used to present on.

Tango Squad

Posted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:04 pm
looks like you chopped the blokes ear off Smile

Posted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:12 pm
Haha thats a wall he's leaning on  Wink

Tango Squad

Posted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:50 pm
They all look great! Keep that in mind as I give you suggestions.

The first one seems like there's too much contrast... and I'm not sure I like the positioning of the render.

The second and third seem sorta empty. Feels like there should be more brushes or somethin. And the light glare on the right side seems a bit too much.

The fourth looks really good, although I think the face pops out too much.

The fifth looks weird, because as Ladyhawk said, it looks like his ear is being cut off. It's a bit hard to tell that there's a wall there.

The sixth I really like. I think I found something with the lighting though. It seems like the background is lighter to the left of the girls head, but then once you get really close to the head, it gets dark again. And I think the lighting should be more on the top of the head then down by the chin.

Hope this helps, and great work!

___________Fireteam Zulu | Graphics Team Leader | SFC____________

Posted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:04 pm
Well thanks Immolation the Prison Break one wasn't originally going to be a signature. It was a banner for my website to give an example of what banners look like and used for. The glare on the car signature sig is ment to be there as it shows it's going fast and coming out of the signature but yes the glare can be changed. And the darkened section on the last sig is also ment to be there as it's her shadow. The light can't follow throughout the whole signature as it would look weird. She is looking up into the light and the dark behind her is where the light can't get it so therefore a shadow. But thanks for your comments i take em all into consideration Very Happy

Tango Squad

Posted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:56 pm
I like that 1st one..looks crazy evil. I also really like the 1st render with the girl in it. Natalie Portman? It looks really sharp. Again Slaya, I'm not able to really critique or give you any tips. I've really only started messing around with Gimp the last couple months. I do enjoy seeing the creativeness of all the members here. Hope you've entered Immolation's graphic art competition.Peace. Cool

Locate close with and destroy the enemy by fire and maneuver......
7th Engineers "C" CO.1stFSSG Camp Pendleton..ONCE..ALWAYS 86-92
Alpha Company 2nd BN 151st INF ARNG Indiana 11-15
Posted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:12 pm
Well i was going to. But if i've been kicked out i don't think i would be allowed to participate.  Sad

Tango Squad

Posted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:59 am
Slaya I think you can still participate. The forum it was posted under is Sig gallery..not BK members only. Pretty sure nobody would have a problem with you entering a sig. This is done for competition but more importantly fun. I'm looking forward to seeing some creativeness with these. I've already sent in an entry, not really concerned with being the best one. I just wanted to participate in this(awesome idea Immo) and see what everyone else comes up with!!! Smile

Locate close with and destroy the enemy by fire and maneuver......
7th Engineers "C" CO.1stFSSG Camp Pendleton..ONCE..ALWAYS 86-92
Alpha Company 2nd BN 151st INF ARNG Indiana 11-15
Posted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:02 am
Personally, I'm ok with it... but I don't know how Luke feels about it. He might want it to be BK members only.

___________Fireteam Zulu | Graphics Team Leader | SFC____________

Posted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:20 am

Immolation wrote (View Post):

He might want it to be BK members only.

So I'm out on this one this time? Resolve and post decision soon please as we only have a few days to knock these out. Thanks, HB.