Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:10 am
Snap71 View latest post
Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:51 am
Luke View latest post
Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:42 pm
Natb1 View latest post

Sound Issue...

Posted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:50 pm
Ok, I've been trying to help my dad. He started a new hobby.....He want's to convert his old vinyl records to MP3 so he can listen to them on his ipod....

He has a usb ION Turntable and hooks it up to his computer. I have installed Audacity software to record it.

Issue: He can't hear it on his computer at all, HOWEVER,  While in Skype, I hear all the music...is there a setting or something that will allow him to listen to it while it's recording? and then, where do the files/songs go? I'm new to this and Best Buy want's him to bring in his computer....for a price of course....I have never done this and figured someone out here does..Moosehead steered me in the right direction, but we can't seem to get it to do what it should do..

Also, the software that came with the turntable, Ezconverter, says there is no audio device turned on, when I run that one...but then when I click on the other one, it runs.....weird....

If you can't take the pain, maybe you shouldn't play!
Posted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:33 am
First I would suggest pulling up the sound properties; right click on the icon on your task bar. Pull up the playback option and see if there anything showing input (the bar beside it will be showing green if it is) while the record is playing. This will show you if or which part of your speaker system is trying to play the sound. I have various sound outputs due to my system so your father may have several too. If one of them is showing input then right click on it. This gives several options including testing it. It would be hard to go through all the options but most are self-explanatory. Most times when I have had an issue it is due to one of these being disabled or not setup properly. I know this is kind of vague but its hard to explain without talking to you while on ts. But give this a try and see if it helps.

"Do or do not there is no try!"
Posted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:37 am
I have tried this, and know exactly what you are talking about..this is how I get to hear it in skype...lol.....I know there's something I'm doing wrong, just don't know what..I will tinker around with it some more today when I get up..just got home from work at 0130 am......I should be on TS sometime after 9/10 am......EST

Posted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:54 am
its on board audio i take limit options i would suggest vidio sound capture card or an xfi card . check the windows settings hawk

Posted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:09 pm
I got it....Thank you all.....

Posted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:19 am
Good deal.

"Do or do not there is no try!"