Mon May 06, 2024 12:30 am
Luke View latest post
Wed May 01, 2024 7:50 pm
Snap71 View latest post
Wed May 01, 2024 12:38 am
Natb1 View latest post

New player intro

Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:37 pm
Greetings, programs!  I made a post on Facebook yesterday, but thought I'd introduce myself on the forums.  I joined the Teamspeak server last night but just lurked for the first time and listened to the shenanigans.

I just started playing Black Ops on the PC and really like the feel of the P&F servers.  More of a thinking man's game than running around like a spaz with a ballistic knife.  Makes it feel more like a war game and less like Quake III.

I'm currently at level 49.  Mostly playing TDM in the P&F servers.  My skill level is to a point where I can usually hold my own around a 1 k/d.  I do find myself getting frustrated that I don't know what I'm doing wrong when I get insta-killed 14 times in a row by enemies I never see, and killstreaks are a rarity.  E.g. last night on Launch one of the BK members was like 28-3 and just kept appearing on my screen out of the ether and killing me.  I never had any idea where it came from.  It sucks a lot of the fun out of the game when you don't even know how to improve.

So I'm interested in joining you guys, upping my skills and maybe contributing to the team.  I'm a casual player, with only time for an hour or two a few times a week.  But I'm a team player, I learn fast and take direction well.

My Steam display name is currently ManSkirtBrewing, after my brewing company (still a hobby, not a real company...yet).

-Joe

Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:59 pm
ManSkirtBrew,

I would like to first like to thank you for join us on our website and TeamSpeak.  We strive to make everyone gaming experience as best as possible.  While on TeamSpeak please dont hesitate to speak up.  We always like to see new faces and new skill levels.

If you are interested in join the our family of high end soldiers, Wink ,  please use the Contact Us link at the top of your screen and a gatekeeper will respond to you as soon as possible.

Hope to see you on the battlefield soon

Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:53 pm
Hi there!
If you go to the theatre in black ops you can review a play through of your recent games. This should give you an idea of where you were killed from.
Take your time - I played on the P&F servers for about 3 months before I joined BK.

Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:00 pm
Welcome!

I agree with UchiMata, watch the replay and spectate what the other players are doing.  You can learn a LOT by watching the successful tactics.  Oh, getting killed a LOT in these servers is pretty much my SOP.  But the guys and gals here make the experience fun!

Enjoy your stay!  Hope to see you on the roster soon!

Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:26 pm
Thank you for your interest in joining BK. If you are interested in joining BK please follow this link http://www.politeandfriendly.com/modules.php?name=Application then join us on TS and ask for a gatekeeper.

GOA.Luke*BK*

Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:36 pm
Thanks all.  I have been trying to use the theater mode.  I wrote a note to myself to check out the game I referenced above, but haven't gotten to it yet.  I'll let you know what I discover ;)

I have submitted my application.  I have some cabinets to Sawzall tonight, but I should be able to find some time to jump on TS.

-Joe

Posted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:09 pm
Watched the game in theater mode last night.  Turns out for about half of the game the person was prone camped at the back of our spawn down in a corner.  Whenever I came around a corner I got popped and had no idea from where.  Someone finally got him, then out came all the killstreak rewards.

Even though I got obliterated every game (1-8, 0-7, 4-20) I had fun playing some game modes I'd never tried last night, except for Nuketown FFA.  That's just silly.  It's like FFA in a broom closet.

Chatting on TS was cool too.  I didn't find a Gatekeeper, but will try again this weekend.

-Joe