Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:10 am
Snap71 View latest post
Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:51 am
Luke View latest post
Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:42 pm
Natb1 View latest post

Need some help.

Posted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:10 am
So it came to my attention that my mic was causing massive feedback. I went and did some test with a friend in another TS server and in other voice chat, the results were weird. If I talk with out anything playing in the background, music or a game the only thing I notice is mild echoing, and that's if I hold the mic down while you talk. If I am playing music or playing a game it and I use my mic it sounds like my headset mic is sitting right next to my speakers and you can hear it clear as day. The only thing is my speakers are not plugged in. So then I tried taking my mic out of my headset so the noise could not be recorded and playing a game and the sound was still coming through as if I was using a mic. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling drivers. No help. I even tried a old table mic I had laying around and still the problems exist. Which led me to believe something was either wrong with my settings on the comp or my mobo has a problem. The mobo is actually a recent upgrade and I never had this problem on my last few builds. Anyway any input on this situation would be appreciated. Thanks

Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6600 @ 2.75GHz
ASUS P5N-D 750i SLI
2046MB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT
Realtek HD Audio output
Ceative Fatal1ty Headset
Windows XP Home Edition

Check out my latest art work here

Last edited by DMonic on Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Posted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:15 am
Well just skimming on what you wrote im just gonna take a guess and say that one of your control volumes in your advanced device volume isnt muted and is the reason your are getting feedback from your mic/speakers. if you mute this no feedback will occur.

Posted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:31 am
yea I've been playing with these options for the past few hrs, but had no luck. On my recording options the only thing not muted is my mic. On my master volume everything is unmuted. Here is a ss of the settings as of now.

Posted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:37 am
ok try this... whatever your mic is plugged into whether its the rear pink or front pink in mute the corresponding control, then test it.

Posted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:00 am
who ever is listening on the other end can still hear whatever "media" Iam using through their speakers. It's like my speakers have a mic in them all of a sudden lol. Honestly it doesn't make sense to me. Anyway its getting late I think tomorrow I'm going to mute everything on my output and see if the person listening still gets feedback. If they do I am totally lost, if not ill go one by one and unmute each option till i find the culprit. Any input will still be helpful.