Mon May 06, 2024 12:30 am
Luke View latest post
Wed May 01, 2024 7:50 pm
Snap71 View latest post
Wed May 01, 2024 12:38 am
Natb1 View latest post

Second Chance (Last Stand) Whining

Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:05 pm
I am getting really tired of players whining about Second Chance. It is just getting worse and worse, additionally I continue to hear it from fellow BK members on TS.

I use Second Chance and like Second Chance. It is the best perk in (IMHO) in Slot 3.

Here is why.

Perk Slot 3:

Tactical Gas Mask - it is SO RARE that I ever get NOVA GAS tossed at me, or for that matter Flash Bangs - and when they are - I can usually avoid it. Not to mention these types of gernades are useless on many maps - because of longer range killing. It's fine - but not the best Perk in this slot.

Marathon - yeah right, we can't run on our server so this is WORTHLESS

Ninja - never used it - there is so much chatter on TS and noise in the game - that most people couldn't hear you if I was clanging garbage can lids together behind them.

Second Chance - get the opportunity to kill more people - SURE WHY NOT? I have even finished off a kill streak with it. I have even killed 4 in a row while lying there in second chance. I don't see why anyone would NOT use it.

Hacker - this is the ONLY OTHER Perk in Slot 3 that is worth anything. I do have it on one of my Ghost Pro loadouts. However, if you have a FlackJacket on - who cares about claymores. Additionally there isn't enough perk launchers in the game or boxes - to make it worth the effort. Hacker rarely gets you a kill, it is a neat perk - but I personally am looking for kills.

=============================

So there are 5 perks in Slot 3 to choose from.

1 is totally worthless (Marathon)
1 is almost worthless (NINJA  - because of all the secondary noise - if you are on TS - then NINJA is a waste because of all the talking and noise).
1 is OK (Tactical Mask - sure it helps on the occasional NOVA Gas - but it doesn't completely eliminate others.)
1 is GOOD (Hacker - it has some nice features and I DO USE IT - when using Ghost Pro - it's great for SNEAKING AROUND. However, it RARELY INCREASES you Kill Count)
1 is GREAT (Last Stand - you get more Kills and you can be revived. What's not to like.)

==============================

If you are NOT SNEAKING AROUND and you wear FLACK JACKET - then Hacker is a waste (IMHO). Hacker is great for sneaking and with Ghost Pro.
However, with Flack Jacket you can walk right by claymores with little concern - so the Hacker SAVE (cause you can see them) is worthless.

Tactical Mask PRO  - can be good in CQB situations.

===============================

Of COURSE people don't like to get killed in the game, I don't either.  I get frusterated when Scooby or H1N1 target me out in a game, I suck it up - and try to get better and go back after them. However, hearing the whining from  those  getting killed by me (or others) using Second Chance is pointless.

I am not talking about in game text messages, I am talking about TS.

I recently heard:

1. I am leaving this server because I don't like (hate) some of the players on here and their stupid second chance.
2. Second chance is for losers.
3. You couldn't get a decent score if you didn't have second chance.
4. Being accused of cheating.

It just goes on and on. Now I almost expect to hear it after I kill someone with Second Chance. Bang! Dead! - Now hear comes some whining....

If Luke and others want to make Second Chance Illegal - and get rid of it - fine, no problem. I will NOT whine or complain and will change my load out. However, since it IS permitted, I ask to please hold down the whining about it.

This is polite and friendly - not whine and complaining.

Several BK members will not play when I am online anymore (they usually make a remark and then drop out), complain when I use it, and I have even been called a cheater.

I only ask to PLEASE STOP. If you don't like it - please feel free to make a comment, but DO NOT PUSH TALK (cause I and others don't want to hear the whine anymore). If you don't want to play with me, feel free to drop out - but hold the comments to yourself.

I am not going to name anyone, but you know who you are (there is only a few).  I am a big boy and don't mind a jab, a joke, or even being made fun of - however this "whining" is getting old. Suck it up.

Thanks for listening and sorry for the rant. It is just frustrating to use TS some nights - I turned it off last night because I didn't want to hear it anymore.

Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:25 pm
For me it's not the player but the game that OPs this perk. Accurate from across the map with a pistol, complete OP there. Not when it takes two shots from a sniper rifle at the same range. Frustrating on array to hit someone with an m14 from half the map away just to have them pick me off with a pistol. Not quite realistic but oh well. So again, for me the game mechanics are at fault not the player taking advatage of what the game has to offer. Just my 2 cents on the issue.

Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:44 pm
First off, I don't personally use second chance, because i'm terrible at it, and frankly i find it more frustrating to be stuck on the ground than to just die and come back to embed a tomahawk in the offending enemy's spine. But this is just personal preference.  I dont have any problem with people that do use second chance, its a perfectly valid gameplay style.

However, I do contest your assertion that Hacker doesn't get you any more kills.  I get probably 1/3 of my kills by observing where a claymore or jammer has been placed, and sneaking around to shank/tomahawk/brain/otherwise-murder the camper who placed it.  And Hacker has saved my bacon on numerous occasions, where I would have otherwise walked right into a claymore or other ambush.

Of course, all of this is dependent on gameplay style, I tend to be a "floater", I may stay in a spot for a couple of kills, but I prefer to float around the map with no particular route in mind.  If you are more of a camper, hacker won't benefit you as much.

Just my 2 cents
~SSG.Braxis*BK*

Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:47 pm
Tracer,

I agree fully! The python is over-powered.

Here is the fundamental problem with the mechanics, IMHO.

The game does NOT modify the weapons between Hardcore and Regular, they just LOWER the Health from 100 to 30.

That means every sub-machine gun - in fact almost ALL weapons are a 1 shot kill. The weapon damage is almost useless. There is no difference between a sniper rifle, sub, or assault rifle that can do 30 damage in their respective ranges. Sure the subs are limited to 25m for the most part as one shot kills, limiting their snipe abillity.

============
In Bad Company I used the shootgun / with slug - I could kill one shot across the entire map. Same difference.

However - here is the other issue.

Sniper Rifles are usless - the map is just not big enough that you NEED a scope. Sure they maybe fun, but I can bullseye a target with iron sites no problem. There is NO MAP where you can NOT SEE with the NAKED EYE your opponent. Until THAT factor changes - Snipers are just a "fun to play" class and not a neccesity class. I personall think scopes are useless in this game and can even hamper your ability - because of the narrow range of view.

==============

Additionally, there is NO physical mechanics with bullet drop over distance.

I fully realize that I should NOT abe able to see (with the naked eye) a target across the map, aim my python, and single shot someone to the head. However, the game does not account for this.

==================

Lastly, there are MANY things about the game that are not even CLOSE to being real. Super Quick Reloads (give me a break), shoulder firing with accuracy Heavy Machine guns (yeah right), tossing a tomahawk across the map to bounce off a wall and hit someone in the head (hello?), walking up to a claymore in a flack jacket and taking no damage (whatever), the list is long.

So my grip is simple. The game is so UNREALISTIC in so MANY WAYS - for people to complain about ONE ASPECT is TIRING as it is SILLY.

===================
So, if I can kill across the map with my GALIL, silenced, with iron sights, walkup on a claymore without a scratch, and take shots with my Python across the map - so be it.

We don't complain about all the other silliness of the game, so why all that hate coming down on Second Chance?

Just my 2 cents.

===

Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:54 pm
Braxis,

I use hacker a lot in Ghost Pro, it is great - but I don't nearly get the level of kills from it as I do with Second Chance. You first have to find a claymore, then switch it out, then hope for someone to trip it. Take a look at your claymore use vs. kill - not very high for anyone. Then think about the fact you have to change an enemy to yours and then hope for the kill.  I am not saying you don't get kills - but the difference between kills with Second Chance and Hacker is NIGHT and DAY.

I have frequently gotten 2-3 kills while in second chance and one time even 5. Plus you get the bonus of someone reviving you - meaning your ratio stays higher.
Certainly, Hacker has saved my bacon numerous time and I believe it is the BEST perk to couple Ghost Pro.  However, if you are wearing a flack jacket - then Hacker loses a lot of value.

I too am a pusher and play an agressive style - I get too board camping. If snipers could REALLY be a factor, I might camp. However, Snipers are a NON-FACTOR in Call of Duty - because the maps are too small.

Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:08 pm
I don't care about who uses them.

Must try to double-tap any second chancers though as many a time I've been caught out ;-(

There is some satisfaction in taking them down and lobbing a nade to finish 'em off Wink

Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:13 pm
UchiMata,

Yeah - I have been on your receiving end of that one shot, followed up by a nade kill - THANKS!  Wink

Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:41 pm
When I get better at this, watch out for hatchets, ballistic knives or even an rc car coming your way after the take-down Wink

Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:41 pm
ha ha ur all right . The only issue i have with it is in my own personal opinion 2nd chance shouldnt be used in hardcore for the fact if all weapons are " 1 shot kills " for " hardcore mode"  it kinda eliminates the purpose of the hardcore mode when it takes extra bullets to kill someone that should only take one,but whatever i dont sit there and whine and cry i just laugh..its nothing a 203 or my fav weapon of choice a tomahawk wont solve..i only have 2 pro perks left which are marathon,and 2nd chance to finish. ive been debating on finishing those 2 perks for about a month, and still havent had the ambition to finish either for 1 reason..ill never use either of them again after i finish them. Either way if 2nd chance didnt exist it would be a different perk someone would cry about.......like the saying goes dont fix it if its not broken,and the BK servers are not broken..i actallt dont play anywhere else,and dont forsee a server change anytime in the near future..lots of cool people on the BK servers..clan and pubs,and i hope it stays that way  Very Happy

Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:46 pm
I don't care for Second Chance personally, but I have no problem with people using it.  Just remember soldier, DOUBLE TAP EVERYONE!  Problem solved.

Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:51 pm
2nd chance and flak jacket - Could you throw the nade back when you're down?

Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:53 pm
H1N1,

Probably glad you remain off of TS sometimes - because it can just turn into a lot of NOISE. It's more of a chat room  - used for the occasional "boot player for running" - system. While I enjoy a good chat with fellow BK members on TS, it can be a serious distraction to game play and also some of the recent complaints about Second Chance (a couple aimed at me) - makes it all the more noisy and annoying (sometimes).

I personally would rather go to a room (in TS) that is geared to THAT server I am playing on and keep the chatting to game play. However, I tried that a few times and it never works - a couple people move, but for the most part they stay in the welcome channel.

On the other hand, some nights it is quite as an empty church.

I have no issue and it is certainly MY CHOICE if I want to be on TS while playing. I just seem to spend more and more time not on TS  - for those stated reasons. But that is because of my own issues (not wanting to be distracted nor hearing the whining) - not BK's problem - squarely mine.

Luke and BK do a GREAT JOB with these servers and this is the only place I play. I guess we all have our pet peeves.

Thanks for listening...

OH - BTW: I have you in my sights H1N1 - you gave me a seriously hard time the other night, but  I think I made up for that an more on Kawloon map. Wink!

Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:54 pm

UchiMata wrote (View Post):

2nd chance and flak jacket - Could you throw the nade back when you're down?

I don't have Flack Pro - so I am not sure.

Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:05 pm
There is nothing Like melee on your way down for 2nd Chance, Been using it since COD4 And will continue useing it, Why you ask? If Tom Hanks Could face a Gerrman panzer head on with a Model 1911 Officers colt, Then you have to face my Magnum. And I disagree about the python being OP. Take a 9mm and a 357 python side by side shoot a block of ballistics gel and see where the penetration factor leans toward, I'm sure you will find that the 357 is a much more accurate round than a 9mm. with more punch.

Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:05 pm
dunno if u can throw a nade back while down...i dont use 2nd chance ha ha ha and flak pro i think is more rediculous than 2nd chance... 2 203's and a c4 and the guy still walks away? its only a vest not a siut of armor...the shockwave would kill you without taking any shrapnel

giving you a hard time ? i usually only do that to the people i like  Wink
what was i giving you a hardtime about ?