MaxwellSmart View latest post
Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:43 pm
Natb1 View latest post
Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:10 am
Snap71 View latest post

FarCry 3 in 2012...

Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:34 am
Saw it on the Ubisoft E3 Conference...

Those that love this series will flip over the new one...sad it's not out until next year...

Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:39 am
I actually just bought the 2nd one today. I've always wanted it and am really excited for it to be done downloading.

___________Fireteam Zulu | Graphics Team Leader | SFC____________

Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:28 am
Loved the 1st one, hated the 2nd.  Is the 3rd more like the 1st or 2nd?

Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:44 am

Sheriff wrote (View Post):

Loved the 1st one, hated the 2nd.  Is the 3rd more like the 1st or 2nd?

They've barely even announced it... how would anyone know what it's like?

Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:15 am
Immolation - please note NightWolf's comments "Saw it on.........", therefore my question is valid!  If he saw it, he would be able to comment on whether it was better / worse than previous versions, unlike if I had asked the question "is it out yet?" in which case your comment would be valid.
lol

Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:18 pm
I was going to ask if the 2nd one was good...   but going on what Sheriff said...  I think I'll pass on FC2.  I really liked FC1, except the one part where you had to fight off those gorillas while dodging holes filled with lava towards the end.  I had to use cheat codes.

MP was really fun though

Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:10 pm

Sheriff wrote (View Post):

Immolation - please note NightWolf's comments "Saw it on.........", therefore my question is valid!  If he saw it, he would be able to comment on whether it was better / worse than previous versions, unlike if I had asked the question "is it out yet?" in which case your comment would be valid.
lol

If he "saw" it on E3, that means he either saw an announcement about the game, or a game trailer that showed little to no gameplay. As of right now, there is no way of knowing what the game will be like in 2012.

Ha! I got you! Twisted Evil

lol jk

Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:30 pm
Here is the FarCry 3 homepage:

http://far-cry.ubi.com/far-cry-3/en-US/

And someone posted what I saw on Youtube...it's actual gameplay footage being played by one of the devs...

*CAUTION* The beginning Is Not suited for young eyes or ears! Lot's of swearing before the actual gameplay starts...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nXjcMlX8oE

To answer Sheriff's question...it seems like a combination of 1 & 2...to me the first game rocked...the 2nd one was even better except for having to take malaria pills all the time( bit of an annoyance) but the graphics were incredible not to mention award winning...

The graphics here seem to be more like the first FC game meaning not high end but also not low end...kinda looks like Sniper: Ghost Warrior graphics...then again it's far from polished so who knows what's in store...

I like from point 4:00 and on in the video once he gets the knife...  Cool

Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:43 pm
Apart from the game series, did anyone see the movie they made for this game? It had all "B" actors (the only one I recognized was the guy that played 'Stiglitz in 'Inglorious Bastards'.) What a terrible movie. I could not sit through the whole thing it was so badly directed, acted, etc.

Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:51 pm

NightWolf wrote (View Post):

Here is the FarCry 3 homepage:

http://far-cry.ubi.com/far-cry-3/en-US/

And someone posted what I saw on Youtube...it's actual gameplay footage being played by one of the devs...

*CAUTION* The beginning Is Not suited for young eyes or ears! Lot's of swearing before the actual gameplay starts...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nXjcMlX8oE

To answer Sheriff's question...it seems like a combination of 1 & 2...to me the first game rocked...the 2nd one was even better except for having to take malaria pills all the time( bit of an annoyance) but the graphics were incredible not to mention award winning...

The graphics here seem to be more like the first FC game meaning not high end but also not low end...kinda looks like Sniper: Ghost Warrior graphics...then again it's far from polished so who knows what's in store...

I like from point 4:00 and on in the video once he gets the knife...  Cool

Graphically, it may be because it is being demo'ed on a console, while obviously, the PC version would far superior.

Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:40 pm
I love them both but the second one the most no monsters and plenty of action on the hardest setting I played through it at least 4 times. Those who have played the single player know how fun it was, Big maps and cool weapons and vehicles. The multi player though was not so good Very Happy