Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:54 pm
MaxwellSmart View latest post
Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:43 pm
Natb1 View latest post
Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:10 am
Snap71 View latest post

Free Zip Line sig up for grabs!

Posted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:51 pm
Here's the latest render...since the zip line in Kowloon is so much fun, figured why not make a sig for someone who loves to use the zip line...

Feedback appreciated!  Thanks!

Cool

Posted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:07 pm
Fixed...

Posted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:45 pm
i like the back groiund on this one....looks good

Posted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:32 pm
Thnx DH...appreciate the feedback...

Posted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:43 pm
Twisted Evil  blending is good here ..the cut have the same contrast as the BG

did you rendered the soldier by yourself? it looks like that he have an blurred outline or something?

only thing i miss here is a little highlight ...a bit action ...you know? the flow is a bit missing.
he's slips down the slip line...use that ,you can try to create some movement in the same direction. like here i just
added some dirt and bubbles moving from left at the bottom up to the right hand side...so that it looks like he storm through a window into a room or what ever.

he asked me for critique ,i know sometimes it is a bit harsh but i try to give my best that he can learn a bit! ( i think it's always better
to say what ya think as to sugarcoat everything Razz   ...also don't misunderstand me plz Twisted Evil )

Posted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:19 am
First off your critique is far from harsh my friend...I don't expect sugar coating...I wouldn't improve my skills if that were the case...  Wink

Secondly, the soldier is a stock image...what I did was size him in, then duplicated him...I smudge slightly the first one, then applied the second one over top...added a small drop shadow...but he still looked a bit too sharp so yes I did blur him in certain spots...

Here's the other version I had previously done...it's a bit darker thnx to some burn brushing...

Here's the first for comparison...

Will have to figure out how to do the dirt thing...or maybe even broken glass or something...

Heh i'm getting there...   Cool

Posted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:55 am
vers 1 is my fav at the moment :)

drop shadow? the soldier drops a shadow into the sky? Wink  Twisted Evil

the dirt thing....search a pic with dirt^^ throw it in and erase what you don't like...
or use a splatter brush (love 'em) brush some "dirty looking colors" on a new layer
and smudge em away with the flow.
(settings : shape dynamics :use jitter 20%-90%
                                          ,Angle jitter 10%40% it depends wich brush you use
               scattering :           scatter : 40% if i try to create such effects ,b cuz if you use more as 40%
                                                                   you loose maybe the control and it will look messy.
                                            scattering count : play with it ,i put it up to 3-6 if i try to create fog or something
                transfer:              strength jitter : sometimes up to 100% to have a more random effect

i use splatter brushes like these ones here Smile
splatter brush klick me ahh just enter the words " splatter brush pack " in the deviantart search and you'll find some really nice brushes Smile...and don't care about gimp or ps...you can use both files